What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

13 hours ago, Walter said:

On a selfish note, Mrs W met with her doctor today and everything in the biopsy from her latest surgery came back looking good!  She is one strong lady! :yesnod: 

Just got off work and after a long day, this put a big smile on my face!! :D 

Three cheers for Mrs. Walter!! Hip Hip, Hurray! Hip Hip, Hurray!! Hip Hip, Hurray!! :yay: 

Thanks for sharing this wonderful news with us, Walter!! :drinks: 

13 hours ago, Walter said:

NEVER let the nay-sayers tell you that you can't do it!  That's just plain bullshit!

13 hours ago, Ddladner said:

I agree with Walter, Kiwi. And you have already learned this for yourself.  Good for you!  

Remember, follow your heart, trust your gut, use your head.  Nay-sayers don't have a place in the process. 

:gimmefive:

Thank you so much for the encouragement and words of wisdom, Walter and Debbie! :friends:

I've really learnt some important lessons in life, while looking for my dream job!

I also refused a couple of job offers as these weren't in keeping with my goals. I really couldn't have been that gutsy, had it not been for my lovely mom and dad! :wub: 

15 hours ago, Walter said:

On a selfish note, Mrs W met with her doctor today and everything in the biopsy from her latest surgery came back looking good!  She is one strong lady! :yesnod: 

Guess what the CP's will toast that bit of great news with man?? Fantastic news for all of you. Give her our best?

I found 10 dollars on the bus this morning now I have 10 dollars more for my christmas budget. thank you Santa. but i do feel bad for whoever lost it so I will spend the money on somebody who has a need like a gift card for groceries.

On November 29, 2016 at 9:44 PM, ebk said:

That is wonderful news Walter!!  Here's to Mrs. Walter - looking forward to meeting up with both of you again soon :) 

On November 29, 2016 at 10:11 PM, paul carruthers said:

Congrats Walter, glad to hear about that clean bill of health. :thumbsup:

On November 30, 2016 at 3:46 AM, Strider said:

Hurrah for Mrs. W! :cheer:

On November 30, 2016 at 10:34 AM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Just got off work and after a long day, this put a big smile on my face!! :D 

Three cheers for Mrs. Walter!! Hip Hip, Hurray! Hip Hip, Hurray!! Hip Hip, Hurray!! :yay: 

Thanks for sharing this wonderful news with us, Walter!! :drinks: 

On November 30, 2016 at 0:39 PM, chillumpuffer said:

Guess what the CP's will toast that bit of great news with man?? Fantastic news for all of you. Give her our best?

Thank you to you all.  You guys are always here to celebrate with when times are good and pick us up when they're not!  Thank you.  I'm starting to feel my old energy again. :) 

Too bad this place is once again filled with so much....well y'all know.  The pendulum is swinging again. ✌?️

On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 10:58 PM, Strider said:

I have many friends who have gone down that road and I know how rough it is to stay on course, so hat's off to you for making it six years. I guess it is really a minefield trying to navigate the holiday season with all the parties. I wish you continued success down the road.

Thanks you!

As a die-hard Rush fan, something was really bothering me. Two albums that are revered even by the most casual fans, were sadly (and shockingly!) missing from my collection : Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures. It all boiled down to pricing and availability. I have all the other Rush albums (from the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's and 010's), plus some live releases (both official and unofficial!) 

Living in India, record stores and book shops are almost a thing of the past. You just can't get into your car on a whim one day and decide to visit your favourite record store to browse and / or buy. You instead need to rely on the likes of online 'retailers' like Amazon. There is one record store here in Bangalore, which seems promising and gives me hope! Anyway, I used to constantly scour Amazon and 100's of other online retailers in search of these elusive albums, only to be greeted with either frustrating messages like 'out of stock' or outrageous price tags (the equivalent of US $25!) - I mean I am looking for the CD versions and these are not even double albums, for fucks sake!! 

Anyway, just a few days ago, Lady Luck FINALLY smiled upon me! For what seemed like the millionth fucking time, I (during my spare time), scoured Amazon and voila! A seller based in Mumbai had listed both the albums for incredibly reasonable prices (equivalent of US $4 and US $5!!) But, the catch was to act fast as there was only 1 of each album in stock! Believe me, there are Rush fans here, in India too! Albums listed at reasonable prices are snapped up within hours! The next 'lowest' price offered for both albums, were the equivalent of US $25 and US $28! :wacko: Anyway, I just hit the buy button and I now, have both albums in my hands! :yay: 

IMG_1391.JPG

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Kirk Douglas evaded the Grim Reaper to celebrate his 100th birthday today! He and Olivia de Havilland, the last surviving links to the Golden Age of Hollywood, both turned 100 this year.

That's great news, considering how devastatingly despicable Mr. Grim Reaper has been this year!! :wacko: 

Whoa, just realized (after reading your post) Strider, that I and Kirk Douglas share the same birthday! Did not know that till now! :o 

Well, what are the odds of that happening. huh?! :D 

Gosh! Rush is becoming such a family affair in my household!! :D 

This fine Sunday morning while tidying up, I just picked up my CD copy of Moving Pictures and played the song Vital Signs on a whim, on my stereo. Around a minute into the song, my mom comes into the room and remarks how good the song actually sounds and actually asks me who the artist is! As a Rush fan, I felt so proud! The last time my mom got this excited about a rock band, was way back in 1984, when my dad introduced her to Queen for the first time. 

Usually, my mom doesn't pay much attention to the music I play on my stereo, except of course, when I play a Queen song or an ABBA song. 

I guess such is the magic of Rush! I've read that usually a parent, in most cases the dad (or both parents in some cases) introduces the kids to Rush. But in my case, I introduced my parents to Rush! B) 

29 minutes ago, craigled said:

Realising i have loads of Led Zepp that i have never heard to listen to. Peace because my family are out for the day. And its nearly Christmas. I was in a shocking, bad mood yesterday. That was because Everton lost.

I assume you mean live Led Zeppelin? You have heard all the studio and official live releases, right?

Have the day off from work. Going to get a massage and spend the day with my man to whom I've been married to for 31 years today.  Planning on going to lunch at a botanical farm not far from here, maybe do a little Christmas shopping and ride out to visit my Dad who is 81. He is down here for the month from WA and staying at a RV park in the area. 

On 12/11/2016 at 11:53 AM, craigled said:

Realising i have loads of Led Zepp that i have never heard to listen to. Peace because my family are out for the day. And its nearly Christmas. I was in a shocking, bad mood yesterday. That was because Everton lost.

I know EXACTLY how that feels believe me - The Sounders beat Toronto on kicks in a game that Toronto should have won in regular time

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2016 at 5:27 PM, ebk said:

I have met the best, most thoughtful friends here.  

Thank you Sean, for the wonderful gift I received today!!  :friends:

You are very welcome, ebk. Mazel tov. L'Chaim!

May all the other packages reach their destinations safely.