Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

What Made You Happy today?

On 12/23/2016 at 5:27 PM, ebk said:

I have met the best, most thoughtful friends here.  

Thank you Sean, for the wonderful gift I received today!!  :friends:

You are very welcome, ebk. Mazel tov. L'Chaim!

May all the other packages reach their destinations safely.

Knowing my kids have enjoyed the day and really liking the presents we got for them. Good stuff.

Over Christmas I saw my niece and she looked great. If you remember she was the one who was raped by some asshole and she was a mess. After months in therapy and also a stint in a rehab facility she seems to be doing very well but only time will tell.

While driving around this morning my 10 year old  ( soon to be 11 ) asked me to put on Tchaikovsky :stereo:

5 hours ago, zepscoda said:

While driving around this morning my 10 year old  ( soon to be 11 ) asked me to put on Tchaikovsky :stereo:

Very cool! :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Good  what were playing prior to that....?

On 29/12/2016 at 6:43 AM, zepscoda said:

I can beat that. My 16 yo son has a new obsession - music. And his first two loves are Zeppelin and Floyd! 

The apple didn't fall too far from the tree :)

I would love my girls to have the same taste as me. Not happening like that, They have their own. + a bit of their Mums.
 I am happy today because i have got myself a new Leigh rugby shirt.

4 hours ago, slave to zep said:

I can beat that. My 16 yo son has a new obsession - music. And his first two loves are Zeppelin and Floyd! 

The apple didn't fall too far from the tree :)

Nice...I school my girls on the stuff I listen too, and they dig some of it. But they also like all that crap that every other 10 and 7 year old girl does...lol...but mine are probably the only ones in their school that can tell you the names of the members of zeppelin,  at least 2 of the singers from sabbath...lol...

Craigled : yes, I have two older kids that don't like zeppelin etc :(

Zepscoda : Thankfully my 16 yo son doesn't like current stuff except for Coldplay :)

Feeling really good today. Me and Mrs CP did a bit of shopping this morning, had a leftover lunch and we relaxed in front of a roaring wood burner and watched The Great Escape. I will be opening a bottle of red in a bit and cooking Pheasant. Marvellous

On 25/12/2016 at 7:52 AM, Strider said:

You are very welcome, ebk. Mazel tov. L'Chaim!

May all the other packages reach their destinations safely.

Well well. If I thought things couldn't be happier, a gift arrives from the west coast. Never heard of them but I will give it a good listen. Many thanks to a man with a big heart and a truly good person.

xxxxx

On 12/24/2016 at 6:57 AM, ebk said:

I have met the best, most thoughtful friends here.  

Thank you Sean, for the wonderful gift I received today!!  :friends:

7 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Well well. If I thought things couldn't be happier, a gift arrives from the west coast. Never heard of them but I will give it a good listen. Many thanks to a man with a big heart and a truly good person.

xxxxx

As the old saying goes, nice things for nice people! B) 

4 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

What a lovely thing to say :)  Right back atcha!!  

19 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Et tu, Kiwi! I hope nice things happen for you. ?

16 hours ago, ebk said:

What a lovely thing to say :)  Right back atcha!!  

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Et tu, Kiwi! I hope nice things happen for you. ?

Thanks, guys! :friends: 

These past two weeks have been rough. 

The deadlines are insane and the work load is horrific. I even had to work on New Year's Eve and New Year's. 

For 5 straight days, I not only took my work home but worked till 5 AM.

Work was like a 9 AM to 5 AM job! :( 

Anyway, today, I came back home from work at 9 PM. I was exhausted but my day was made, when I found that a package had arrived for me, containing a very special album :D 

I had an Amazon gift card that was just lying around. Glad I put it to good use! B) 

IMG_1442.JPG

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

The Rugby League challenge cup draw has just been made. Leigh Miners v Wigan St Patricks. A big Derby around these parts. Think i will go. So near, I can walk. Happy about that.

Another thing that made me happy was receiving my first pay check. This happened 4 days ago. 

Time to go shopping for music albums! I have so much to buy! :D 

4 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Another thing that made me happy was receiving my first pay check. This happened 4 days ago. 

Time to go shopping for music albums! I have so much to buy! :D 

Congratulations, kiwi, that is a huge accomplishment and one that you should be (and no doubt are) very proud of! Don't forget to save a few pennies.  Start early and never stop saving. You won't miss the money and it will provide you with a nice nest egg down the road.  I know you already know that, the mom in me just couldn't resist, hehe. ;) 

7 hours ago, Ddladner said:

Congratulations, kiwi, that is a huge accomplishment and one that you should be (and no doubt are) very proud of! Don't forget to save a few pennies.  Start early and never stop saving. You won't miss the money and it will provide you with a nice nest egg down the road.  I know you already know that, the mom in me just couldn't resist, hehe. ;) 

Awww...Debbie! That is so sweet of you! :friends: 

I know exactly what you mean by the importance of saving up for the future. I have allocated 30% of my pay check to music shopping and 70% of it goes to my savings account! 

13 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Awww...Debbie! That is so sweet of you! :friends: 

I know exactly what you mean by the importance of saving up for the future. I have allocated 30% of my pay check to music shopping and 70% of it goes to my savings account! 

Great news about your pay check Kiwi- assuming you can actually get hold of some Rups ?? Maybe 50/50 saving spending? Have a great weekend?