What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

15 minutes ago, Strider said:

Resist the millenial urge to have EVERYTHING now and worry about paying for it later.

Strider, I don't have a credit card. I have what is known as a debit card. When you use a debit card, you essentially, transfer money from your account straight away to the seller, upon purchasing an item. It's just like going to the shops and paying right away in exchange for the product. I chose to have a debit card rather than a credit card, because I want to be able to pay for things right away and not be a debt ridden idiot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debit_card

The going rate for brand new CD's in India (if you look carefully and wisely for the right seller) is around $4 to $6. Yes, this does include imported albums. 

Trust me, this Millennial is wiser than you think. 

Credit cards are dangerous, IMHO. 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

20 hours ago, Strider said:

Don't go crazy buying albums. Since you work, you only have so much time to listen to them. Plus, you have your entire life ahead of you to build your collection.

Either way, a 50/50 split is a good idea. Good luck, Kiwi.

Strider, I would also like to add that unlike in the US and Europe, where the availability of things are plentiful (to say the least), in India, this is not at all the case.

I recently saw some *ahem unofficial Rush releases on Amazon. I have to seize the day now as the seller might remove the listing at any time or hike up the damn price or some other fan from India might purchase it. I've seen listings disappear in a matter of 2 to 3 weeks. It is now or never. If I don't buy these albums now, I most probably will never get a chance to add these to my collection. Besides, from next month, I won't be spending a dime from my salary. The entire amount will be going into my savings account. I'm not a spoiled brat who doesn't know the value of money. I've been raised better.

My dad saw Pink Floyd's Ummagumma at a record store in Manchester in 1978. He debated whether or not to buy it. But sadly, when he went to the same record store about a week later, it was gone. He never saw that album at any store he went to, for the next 35 years. That's very unfortunate, IMHO.

He finally bought himself a copy at Real Groovy in Auckland, when he and I went record shopping together. But he considers himself incredibly lucky to have actually found it, after all these years.

Also, I despise people who demand 'freebies' or credit. The sense of entilement or gimmie, gimmie, gimmie attitude is wrong on so many levels and is not part of my value system. It is not who I am and never will be. Either I can afford something or I cannot. It is as simple as that.

Honestly, I was pretty surprised, disappointed and hurt to know that you believe that I'm just like the typical millennial in terms of being entitled and greedy. I thought you knew me better! :( 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87
spelling error

giphy.gif

I Had a Great New Year this Year, I Got All of the Good Things That I Wanted For X-Mas to Keep Things Running Up-To-Regular SPEED!!!! I Hope That You All Do Well With The Things That Are Going On Out There This Time Around. There's Lot's Coming-In Your Directions. It'll Be UNITED by the Times That The Lights Have To Bring, and The Bells That We Have To Ring. Have a Great 2017 Everyone!!!!!

Humpty-Dumpty-480x243.png

May All Be Taken Care Of Well, In Our Days to Come, And Our Hopes Be High Through-Out The Lands, and Lines of Time.

May God-Bless Our Bows, and Ribbons, and Shiny-Things. And All of the Things That Come to Us in the Night Bring Brilliant Long-Livety for Other People While Those Things Are In-Line.

literature-humpty_dumpty-eggs-nursery_rhymes-children_s_rhymes-alice_through_the_looking_glass-csl3034_low.jpg

To Our Recitals And Nursery Rhymes In Finest-Fashioned Song And Sense.  Nothing More or Nothing Less....

-Freddy Fingers The First.

22 minutes ago, freddy fingers said:

giphy.gif                                                                                       

Hi Fred! :wave: 

Wonderful to know that you had a great Christmas and New Year! Happy 2017!

I have to say, I LOVE the gif of Humpty Dumpty and Little Bo Peep!! Fantastic stuff! I have to ask, which cartoon is this from? I'm a cartoon buff. I especially love Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies shorts to a core. My love in fact borders on obsession! :lol: 

Also, may I please post this on the gif thread? It is so great! I'll definitely mention that you made this gif from scratch :) 

On January 5, 2017 at 2:03 PM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

These past two weeks have been rough. 

The deadlines are insane and the work load is horrific. I even had to work on New Year's Eve and New Year's. 

For 5 straight days, I not only took my work home but worked till 5 AM.

Work was like a 9 AM to 5 AM job! :( 

Anyway, today, I came back home from work at 9 PM. I was exhausted but my day was made, when I found that a package had arrived for me, containing a very special album :D 

I had an Amazon gift card that was just lying around. Glad I put it to good use! B) 

IMG_1442.JPG

One of my favorites!  Great to hear your news, kiwi!  Nothing better than a feeling of accomplishment.

I kinda miss those days of picking up my pay check and dashing to the bank to cash it.  Now, it's just numbers on a screen.  

Today Mrs Walter and I, after yet another trip to our storage unit, went by our under construction house and saw them putting on the 2nd floor.  Very exciting!  Kind of a surprise since it's Saturday and the weather was very turbulent.   

We've been working so hard on our current home to maximize its value and tonight we went out with a good friend and he has agreed to sell our house, which is a huge relief.  He has been opening up an office in NYC and we didn't think he'd be able to do it, but he offered and is excited about getting this done.  Stress is going down, big time.  Now I can actually enjoy this.  About two more weeks of touch ups around here and we'll be ready to put her up on the market.  Wish us luck! ✌?️

Here is a picture I took this morning of the front of the house.

image.jpg

11 hours ago, Walter said:

One of my favorites!  Great to hear your news, kiwi!  Nothing better than a feeling of accomplishment.

I kinda miss those days of picking up my pay check and dashing to the bank to cash it.  Now, it's just numbers on a screen.  

Thank you, Walter! I really appreciate it! :friends: 

It was a happy and surreal moment when I held my first paycheck. :D 

Today Mrs Walter and I, after yet another trip to our storage unit, went by our under construction house and saw them putting on the 2nd floor.  Very exciting!  Kind of a surprise since it's Saturday and the weather was very turbulent.   

We've been working so hard on our current home to maximize its value and tonight we went out with a good friend and he has agreed to sell our house, which is a huge relief.  He has been opening up an office in NYC and we didn't think he'd be able to do it, but he offered and is excited about getting this done.  Stress is going down, big time.  Now I can actually enjoy this.  About two more weeks of touch ups around here and we'll be ready to put her up on the market.  Wish us luck! ✌?️

image.jpg

This must be so exciting for you, guys! Thanks for sharing that photo, Walter! Hats off to you for building your dream home from scratch! :thumbsup: 

I do know the feeling (at least to a certain extent) as my parents and I turned interior decorators over night, when we transformed a 20 year old apartment (which literally had nothing) into our new home. It took 5 months to get everything in order and beat the place into shape. It was pretty stressful, but worth it!

Wishing you and your family all the luck in the world! :) 

image.jpg

I wish you good luck selling the house fast Walter!

On 08/01/2017 at 6:53 AM, Walter said:

image.jpg

looking good man. Now which room shall I have ?

Will there be a veranda outside to relax with a glass and a bowl? And I assume a pool?

Definitely!  Planning on putting in a lagoon style landscaped pool with a sandy fire pit area behind it.  As you  can kinda see, you can look straight through the bottom floor to the back, as you enter the house.  Love that pop factor.  

13 hours ago, Strider said:

^^^I'm always happy when you're happy.

Hey Walter, I have a question. Your house doesn't have a roof yet and the upper level seems a little exposed. It's winter now. What do they do when a big storm rolls through?

The roof should've been put on this week.  The Mrs and I are going out there tomorrow to check in for a visual update.  The weather has been dry since Saturday, which is when they were putting on the 2nd floor exterior.  In the summer is when we get our huge rainstorms.  This time of the year we get very little.  

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:53 AM, Walter said:

image.jpg

I believe I see where the above ground Walter and WJ man cave will be located.
Walter, you can only fool us some of the time...

On EBAY I won the book by Eric Burdon: 'I Used To Be An Animal, But I'm Alright Now' for $1.95. I've seen it on sites listed for anywhere from $100 to $325. I'm going to take it to the Animals concert and maybe get lucky and have him sign the book. :D

1 hour ago, jabe said:

I believe I see where the above ground Walter and WJ man cave will be located.
Walter, you can only fool us some of the time...

Yes, it is planned for the 2nd floor.  Looking into a high def projection system, anyone have experience with them?  We have a friend who has one and it is HUUUUGE!  Can't even imagine watching a Cowboys game that fills up the entire wall space! :drool: 

Edited by Walter

9 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Are you dreaming Jules? How was it?

Yeah I purposely left off the word tribute because everyone seems to hate tribute bands :)

It was great!

We were 11th row from front and in the centre. Great sound and view. Singer had a powerful voice - YouTube doesn't do them justice. Full orchestra was amazing. They did All of my love and some guy played that horn solo part perfectly. 

My son loved it! 

images (14).jpg

21 hours ago, redrum said:

On EBAY I won the book by Eric Burdon: 'I Used To Be An Animal, But I'm Alright Now' for $1.95. I've seen it on sites listed for anywhere from $100 to $325. I'm going to take it to the Animals concert and maybe get lucky and have him sign the book. :D

Good score redrum! 

24 minutes ago, slave to zep said:

Yeah I purposely left off the word tribute because everyone seems to hate tribute bands :)

It was great!

We were 11th row from front and in the centre. Great sound and view. Singer had a powerful voice - YouTube doesn't do them justice. Full orchestra was amazing. They did All of my love and some guy played that horn solo part perfectly. 

My son loved it! 

images (14).jpg

Sounds amazing. How cool you and your son get to bond over Led Zeppelin, Jules.