What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

1 hour ago, JTM said:

Finally made the last payment on my mortgage today, with all the additional borrowing for household improvements after thirty seven years it's at last over. So glad I've never been a renter..

Well done man. Not had one for about 10 years. How are you going to celebrate?

37 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Well done man. Not had one for about 10 years. How are you going to celebrate?

Already done, an early day fat one. I could have paid it off years ago but as the payments were less than a ton a month I just kept it going. Feels nice though, put a smile on my face.

On 12/16/2017 at 1:09 AM, JTM said:

Finally made the last payment on my mortgage today, with all the additional borrowing for household improvements after thirty seven years it's at last over. So glad I've never been a renter..

Well done sir! I still owe +200k sadly, but at least the car is paid off at the end of next year.

On 12/15/2017 at 10:09 AM, JTM said:

Congrats JTM.  Great investment.  Happy it’s all yours!

Were carrying a large mortgage right now, but the base price of the house has already increased 40K - plus we put almost 30% down, so lots of equity right now.  People said to put less down and invest the rest, but I’m not convinced the market isnt a house of cards right now.  Real estate is always a good investment, down here.  If you’re smart about the location, builder, etc.

✌🏼

On 12/24/2017 at 2:46 AM, Strider said:

Now we're talking. What a lucky lady you are to get such a bounty. Just sit back with a nice bottle of scotch and let Elizabeth Montgomery bewitch you.

Thanks, Sean! :) I have been meaning to get Bewitched on DVD for quite a while now but alas, time and time again, I could only find a box set that sold all seasons together as opposed to separate DVDs for each season and given how I feel about Dick Sargent, I was very particular that seasons 6, 7 and 8 are not part of the collection.

Happily, lady luck smiled upon me, a couple of days before Christmas and I just had to place an order as soon as possible! :D 

My Christmas was very special as it was filled with Bewitched re-runs, coupled with classic Christmas related cartoon shorts! Life couldn't get any better! 

On 12/27/2017 at 10:44 AM, Strider said:

Unexpected Christmas presents...some new additions to the collection. I didn't even know there was a gold vinyl edition. :notworthy:

20171226_192928.thumb.jpg.eee87b909f95b3313e8abb68f3f2e56f.jpg

As the old saying goes: "Nice Things for Nice People!" :) 

Edited to add: I hope you enjoy that book on Zep by Popoff. I bought his book on Rush and I absolutely loved it!

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87