What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Went to DreamWorld and White Water World with the family. And even though its 31 today there was NO ONE at the parks and no lines at all for all rides and slides. Was brilliant fun as always. And took the bike this time so cruised down the motorway in style.

Dinner tonight for my daughter's birthday at the local Pig n Whistle in a few hours. Just time enough to sink a couple of Carlsberg cans.

What a frickin great life.....

11 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Went to DreamWorld and White Water World with the family. And even though its 31 today there was NO ONE at the parks and no lines at all for all rides and slides. Was brilliant fun as always. And took the bike this time so cruised down the motorway in style.

Dinner tonight for my daughter's birthday at the local Pig n Whistle in a few hours. Just time enough to sink a couple of Carlsberg cans.

What a frickin great life.....

I take it you mean 31 Celsius?

A Southern California teacher who was recorded bashing the U.S. military in a profane classroom rant was fired Tuesday evening. Board of Education President Aurora Villon said the El Rancho Unified School District reached a unanimous decision to fire Gregory Salcido, a history teacher at El Rancho High School and elected Pico Rivera city councilman, the Los Angeles Times reported. “His comments do not reflect what we stand for, who we are,” Villon said

2 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

A Southern California teacher who was recorded bashing the U.S. military in a profane classroom rant was fired Tuesday evening. Board of Education President Aurora Villon said the El Rancho Unified School District reached a unanimous decision to fire Gregory Salcido, a history teacher at El Rancho High School and elected Pico Rivera city councilman, the Los Angeles Times reported. “His comments do not reflect what we stand for, who we are,” Villon said

Whatever happened to free speech, fired for having a strong opinion, outrageous...

Its difficult. Yeah, free speech, but FFS, have some sensibility about what you are saying and to who.

I can't offer opinions about politics/religion/etc. at my work that I should reasonably know might cause offence to some that are listening. It's just common sense.

The idea that people that who: make mistakes/mis-speak/post an unpopular opinion to social media, or God forbid, crack a joke that offends some group - are made to disappear is a real problem. Bill Maher has talked about this and is dead right. And this shit comes mostly from liberals. Let there be diversity for fucks sake. But at the same time, don't go preaching your "views" where it should be obvious it is not the time or the place.

As usual, common sense people!!!!!!

*Edit - oh jeeeez, nearly forgot what thread I was posting to.....

Finished my course, fly home tomorrow. Happy to have completed this training and to see the boss tomorrow, then fly home. Happy days.....

Edited by rm2551

The only thing better would have been the guy getting shot in the gnads:

It started in an online marketplace, police said.

An Alabama woman found a cell phone for sale online, the Birmingham News reports, and agreed to meet up with the seller of the phone Wednesday morning in the parking lot of a Burger King in Trussville, Ala., just northeast of Birmingham.

Once both she and the seller were in the parking lot, a man came up to her vehicle so she could see the phone, Sgt. Mike Bruce told the newspaper.

Just then, a second man came up to the passenger’s side of the woman’s car, police said. Holding a gun, he opened the door and attempted to rob the woman, WBRC reports.WBut the woman had a gun of her own, police said — and she pulled it out and shot the second man in the leg, the TV station reports.

Later in the day, a man came to a local hospital with a gunshot wound, the Trussville Tribune reports. Police are interviewing the man to determine whether or not he’s the suspect in the case.

Support your right to bear arms!

• 2 weeks later...

Got to Caravan park at 6am to upgrade reserved spots to (hopefully) better ones - ended up getting 3 next to each other that are the BEST non-waterfront in the park. 10m from the sand. River views, NW facing, and they're HUGE. Next Easter's camping is going to ROCK!!!!! Kayaks and bikes will be loaded up this time around.

image.thumb.png.480455199ab1ea0bdfbf8f67bbf6f070.png

FInally, A school that "gets it":

Columbine Students Won't be Participating in the National 4/20 Walkout. They’re Doing This Instead

Time Colleen Slevin & Kelli Kennedy / AP,Time 16 hours ago 

(DENVER) — A planned national high school walkout for gun control on the 19th anniversary of the Columbine shooting Friday won’t include student protests at the Colorado school that changed the way the nation viewed shootings.

Just as it has done every year since the April 20, 1999, shooting killed 12 students and a teacher, Columbine High School will be closed, and students there will stick with their tradition of holding a day of service to commemorate the tragedy in a community that includes both those who have pushed for gun control and to arm teachers.

Junior Kaylee Tyner, who helped organize a walkout at the school on March 14, said the anniversary is a day to remember those lost in the shooting and those they left behind and politicizing it could divide the community.

I spied a great deal on a Dell Laptop on ozbargains this morning. Half price with great specs. I have been keeping an eye out for No1 Son (he needs one for school starting July). Rang the local JB HiFi, reserved one at the $699 price (50% off). It was later pulled as it was a pricing error. Many missed out (even some who also reserved it) but my one was honoured. Wifey picked it up this arvo. :banana:

They are now listed at $200 off ($1200)