Colorado and Washington legalize Marijuana

LedZeppfan77

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/11/07/group-vows-continued-legislative-legal-fight-against-proposal-1-marijuana/1919268002/

Yes, because the only reason this passed is because the people were ill-informed, misled, and you were outspent.  Perhaps one of your biggest donors, the makers of fentanyl, didn't donate enough to your cause.  In spite of an overwhelming voice from the people themselves, you of course know what's better for all of us.  

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/j5veyx/heres-who-bankrolls-the-fight-against-marijuana-legalization

^  ^  I was quite pleased at the voting results and the turnout.  Also happy that a Democrat was elected Governor, as she has vowed to assist the process as opposed to obstructing.  9 years ago the people of Michigan voted for medical marijuana, and the only thing the Republican Party has accomplished during that time is obstructing the process.  They had a chance this Summer to handle the issue themselves legislatively before the election, and still couldn't manage to read the writing on the wall for their own benefit.  When Republican candidate for Governor Bill Schuette was asked about this issue during a recent debate, he went off for 10 minutes about the opiate problem, never once mentioning anything related to the actual issue being voted on.  

I've got a nephew who is fighting a grow operation that was approved a couple miles from his Grand Rapids home.  He's worried about how this will affect his children.  He tells me this as he's sipping on some wine he made in his own basement.  I've learned not to waste my breath.  Same with the garbage line they use about how weed has increased in strength.  I can buy alcohol from 4% alcohol content to 160 proof vodka....what's the difference ?              

You should hear the bollocks they talk over hear. " The stuff smoked in the 70's was not nearly as strong as today" Rubbish

Then these people roll out the usual misinformed garbage. " My son hanged himself because of THE SKUNK" SKUNK??? This is the buzz word for non smokers, who I may add more than likely drink or turn to an opiate for pain relief. Breeders have crossed so many varieties that it is a minefield. There are only 2 types of weed: Sativa and Indica. End of. Chuck in the Ruderalis(Hemp) strain for Autos then that is what there is. 

It is never a good thing to sit around all day smoking dope just like it is not a good idea to drink alcohol all day. Education is the key but then again it is still illegal and is likely to remain so in this backward country for the foreseeable future.

Note to add: The UK is the largest supplier of medical Marijuana and not only is a home office spokesperson on drugs the wife of the CEO ( British Sugar) but our deluded, bigoted Prime Minster, is a shareholder in British Sugar, the company that grows it. That my friends just sums it all up?

On 11/8/2018 at 11:35 AM, chillumpuffer said:

It is never a good thing to sit around all day smoking dope just like it is not a good idea to drink alcohol all day. 

It’s not?  Oh shit, there goes my plans for today.... ;) 

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, JTM said:

I recall paying 420 for a teenth  , £4 for the draw and 20p for the return bus fare to go and get it.

Just paid £70 for an Arthur of beautiful, soft, dark Maroc. Man said, and rightly so, it was the best hash he had ever smoked. Had a wrap with Bob Marley picture on it.

Me and Mrs CP can't disagree. Man are my fingers gonna be nimble this evening?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Young people in liberal states use more cannabis, but have lower rates of dependence

https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/24/18196003/marijuana-legalization-politics-health-liberal-conservative

Young people living in liberal states consume more marijuana, but have lower rates of marijuana dependence, according to a new study from Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health. Crucially, this finding is true regardless of whether the state legalized medical marijuana, suggesting that the broader political climate affects how people use the drug. It also serves as a reminder that the effects of legalization will look different in different states.

In general, people in both liberal and conservative states are consuming more marijuana. In a span of about eight years, ending in 2011, the percentage of people ages 18 to 25 living in liberal states consuming cannabis grew from 33 percent to about 37 percent. In contrast, the numbers for the same age group in conservative states went from about 25 percent to 26 percent.

Similarly, fewer people in both liberal and conservative states are struggling with cannabis use disorder. People with CUD experience withdrawal symptoms like mood and sleep problems if they don’t consume cannabis for a while, and can’t stop using it even if it negatively impacts their life. The rates of CUD fell to 17 percent from 20 percent in liberal states. However, CUD rates only fell to 18 percent from 22 percent in conservative states despite fewer people in conservative states using marijuana to begin with.

• 6 months later...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/study-on-cannabis-chemical-as-a-treatment-for-pancreatic-cancer-may-have-major-impact-harvard-researcher-says-165116708.html

You would think that might be a major incentive for removal from level 1 scheduling....unless your bought and sold from the pharmaceutical industry.

Meanwhile.....

20190731_135543.jpg

Edited by Bong-Man

9 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/study-on-cannabis-chemical-as-a-treatment-for-pancreatic-cancer-may-have-major-impact-harvard-researcher-says-165116708.html

You would think that might be a major incentive for removal from level 1 scheduling....unless your bought and sold from the pharmaceutical industry.

Meanwhile.....

20190731_135543.jpg

NY State sucks my balls.  Supposed to have passed weed for recreational use before now.  And sports gambling is supposed to be up and running by NFL season.  What the fuck are they waiting for ?  I am really thinking of getting the hell out of here

11 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Meanwhile.....

20190731_135543.jpg

A future couch locking indica?

14 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Meanwhile.....

20190731_135543.jpg

Whatcha got there BM? 

A future couch locking indica?

Whatcha got there BM? 

Honestly, no clue.  Had 3 seeds laying around and planted them.  One died early, one was male, and that's a female of unknown origin.  Don't really care either.  Been toking for over 40 years and never actually watched a weed plant grow through a natural cycle.  It's actually quite fascinating.  That plant has never been trimmed, never been under lights, and never fertilized.  It hasn't lost a single leaf either.  It gets about 5-7 hours of direct sunlight besides being in a well-lit window, and took off like crazy once I started putting it out on the back deck in June (rarely got above 60 degrees this year until then).  Shut it down to a natural 12/12 light cycle about a month ago, and it's now flowering with about 30 buds.  Replanted it once, and thought of doing it again, but it's not like I wanted a 12 foot bush growing in my house.  I'm amazed at the water use.  I can soak that pot and it will be dry the next day.  I've always been a plant freak, and have 14 plants or mini-trees in my condo anyway, so this seemed like a natural place to start the learning process of home growing.  I've been reading as I go along, and my next attempt will hopefully be much more professional.  The thought of growing my own, doing some home cooking & baking, free smoke, and doing it all legally is too good of a thought to pass up.  Rec dispensaries don't  open until January. 

Considering the hardiness of these plants, I'm surprised they aren't growing out of the cracks in the sidewalks.                           

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 5:32 PM, Bong-Man said:

Honestly, no clue.  Had 3 seeds laying around and planted them.  One died early, one was male, and that's a female of unknown origin.  Don't really care either.  Been toking for over 40 years and never actually watched a weed plant grow through a natural cycle.  It's actually quite fascinating.  That plant has never been trimmed, never been under lights, and never fertilized.  It hasn't lost a single leaf either.  It gets about 5-7 hours of direct sunlight besides being in a well-lit window, and took off like crazy once I started putting it out on the back deck in June (rarely got above 60 degrees this year until then).  Shut it down to a natural 12/12 light cycle about a month ago, and it's now flowering with about 30 buds.  Replanted it once, and thought of doing it again, but it's not like I wanted a 12 foot bush growing in my house.  I'm amazed at the water use.  I can soak that pot and it will be dry the next day.  I've always been a plant freak, and have 14 plants or mini-trees in my condo anyway, so this seemed like a natural place to start the learning process of home growing.  I've been reading as I go along, and my next attempt will hopefully be much more professional.  The thought of growing my own, doing some home cooking & baking, free smoke, and doing it all legally is too good of a thought to pass up.  Rec dispensaries don't  open until January. 

Considering the hardiness of these plants, I'm surprised they aren't growing out of the cracks in the sidewalks.                           

How's the Lady fairing??

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

How's the Lady fairing??

All things considered, not bad at all.  It's got some nice fragrant icing, and it doesn't smell like homegrown or lawn clippings.  If it turns out to be harsh or lack oomph, I'll just make my first batch of Bong-man butter.  It's not as tall as it looks....it's sitting on a kitchen chair for optimal morning light.  After Noon I stick it on the back deck.  We're right about at 12/12 light in the Great White North, so I'm letting it be.  Going on my annual road trip at the end of the month, so I'm hoping to harvest in 2-3 weeks.  Just starting to get some pistil color change, and the tops are filling in nicely.  Honestly, quite an enjoyable learning experience.  

20190911_105222.jpg

20190911_105257.jpg