Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Jack Bruce... a man of soul of passion ... he pushed the boundaries of improvisation creatin.g new boundaries ... my dad gave me Wheels of Fire at 16 on vinyl and I fell head over hills for Cream... as an artist musician visionary and legend... you will be loved and missed and you will live on forever

When I was about 13 I got Goodbye Cream out of our local library(this would have been about "75).I dropped the needle on I'm So Glad(live).Once they got into their free form jam thing I was floored.Stuff what Clapton was doing,I was listening to Jack and Ginger.I had never heard the bass been played like that.On learning of Jacks passing I put on I'm So Glad followed by Spoonful from Wheels of Fire at 8am in the morning.Very Loud.I was in heaven for half an hour.The wife wished I was in hell.So long Jack.We will try and keep cranky old Ginger in line.

It’s 10 years since Cream’s reunion gig, so Rock’s Backpages this week digs out a Melody Maker piece published just before Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker and Eric Clapton’s first gig in the summer of 1966

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/apr/29/cream-we-call-it-sweet-and-sour-rocknroll

did anyone else see the Beware Mr. Baker Doc on BBC4 great drummer but still crazy fucker!