Pontiac Silverdome 1977

jpenzabene

No. For the MTV production in 1990. There is no 77 material on DVD at all.

I watched that Zep weekend with the MTV Rockumenatary and the clip of Ten Years Gone from Knebworth 1979 etc. back in 1990 promoting the box set. The clips of Seattle 1977 in the rockumentary- TSRTS , Moby Dick and Achilles Last Stand- all of them in the corner of the screen it said 'live unmixed sound' hence no multitacks for Seattle. Edited by DavidZoso

^^^

Technically speaking, there is 1977 footage on the 2003 DVD...it's on the menu. Birmingham/NYC video synched with Mike Millard's 6.21 TSRTS audio.

As for the Montreux shows... Which one are you referring to -- 1970 or 1971? Anyway, I've been sifting through the photos of all three shows and I can assure you that there were no cameras onstage during any of them. The same for Zurich.

Geezer, an absence of cameras on stage does not equal an absence of filming. I can't speak for Dallas Knebs, but I'm almost 100% positive he's referring to the possibility of Arena in-house closed circuit tapes being in existence for the aforementioned shows. These would be filmed from up in the press box or possibly from the mixing desk/soundboard at the back of the hall.

Same thing with Montreux...Claude Nobs might have wanted something for his private stash, so maybe arranged for an unobtrusive camera at the Soundboard or in back of the hall to film the concert.

Same thing with Montreux...Claude Nobs might have wanted something for his private stash, so maybe arranged for an unobtrusive camera at the Soundboard or in back of the hall to film the concert.

But what makes you think he did? It was 1971 and there was a serious paucity of amateur cameras and film stock.

Geezer, an absence of cameras on stage does not equal an absence of filming. I can't speak for Dallas Knebs, but I'm almost 100% positive he's referring to the possibility of Arena in-house closed circuit tapes being in existence for the aforementioned shows. These would be filmed from up in the press box or possibly from the mixing desk/soundboard at the back of the hall.

I actually agree that there might have been a camera placed somewhere in an elevated point at The Summit in 1977. See this:

Edited by Geezer

The big screen was more than likely in use that day. Why would they film with professional video tape cameras and NOT show them on the video screen? If they did it for Earls Court, Seattle, and Knebworth, why not this concert? After all, the Silverdome is a big arena.

Edited by ledzepfilm

Logically thinking about it though, why would they go through the trouble and NOT record/get a copy?

No reason at all why they wouldn't have gotten a copy...record breaking attendance at the show and all, it was an historic moment for the group, you'd think they'd want some kind of document...right???

Then of course there was that yahoo here a couple of years back we pretty much crucified over his bullshit claims that Peter Grant ordered the Pontiac footage destroyed :lol: I'll try dig up that discussion, pretty funny shit there...

Edit- Ah, here it is...scroll down to post 58, and set yer b.s. detectors on high:

Edited by Nutrocker

he is speaking only to "evidence" of it existing

for example: "there is no evidence available as to the contents of my lockbox"

I have a lockbox. It is crapton full of stuff. Yet, no evidence exists pubilcly of what comprises the contents.

I echo DavidZoso's comments that we will be surprised at what is being hoarded inside that tiny private traders circle. Just because a tape is not circulated publicly doesn't mean that tape is not circulated among a select few.

The temptation as a promoter would be almost irresistable to not record an act that you know is a cash cow both publicly and on the private traders black market- not to mention a personal momento trophy. It's not like promoters befriend the band managers. It's usually a deal when both are pissed off and neither gets what they want. Promoters are known to skin an act of any coin they can, any way they can- above or below board. Concerts can be professionally recorded without cameras being on the platform. Concerts can be professionally recorded without obvious duplicate mics.

In Houston, many 1977 recordings exist in addition to the pro shot copies- from The Summit and the sports team leasees of The Summit. I can't blame them for not rolling the tape without (presumably) permission. I would have been laying on the record button.

Logically thinking about it though, why would they go through the trouble and NOT record/get a copy?

I echo DavidZoso's comments that we will be surprised at what is being hoarded inside that tiny private traders circle. Just because a tape is not circulated publicly doesn't mean that tape is not circulated among a select few.

Correct, and in my not so humble opinion these elitist motherfuckers deserve to be hung upside down by their nuts and then flogged mercilessly :lol: Why do these 'private traders' insist on behaving in such a way? Do they think that essentially hoarding these items amongst themselves elevates them into being a higher form of species or sumpin'? A little wake up call to the private collectors: outside of yer little circle, boys and girls, and outside of other collectors, nobody else gives a shit about this stuff. It's not state secrets on UFOs or the real story behind the JFK assassination yer holding, it's concert tapes maybe 1% of the population cares about. Keeping these things to yerselves does not make you special, if anything, it makes you resented by those who know you have it but refuse to share it. I'm sorry, I can never wrap my head around that goddamn elitist mentality, it makes me wanna fucking puke.

No reason at all why they wouldn't have gotten a copy...record breaking attendance at the show and all, it was an historic moment for the group, you'd think they'd want some kind of document...right???

Then of course there was that yahoo here a couple of years back we pretty much crucified over his bullshit claims that Peter Grant ordered the Pontiac footage destroyed :lol: I'll try dig up that discussion, pretty funny shit there...

Edit- Ah, here it is...scroll down to post 58, and set yer b.s. detectors on high:

This shouldn't even be considered bullshit. I call it quality entertainment. Claiming something that you cant prove? Ha!

^ Exactly! They are just tapes... not the "unaltered" Zapruder film!

BACK...and to the left...:lol:

This shouldn't even be considered bullshit. I call it quality entertainment. Claiming something that you cant prove? Ha!

Oh it is entertaining watching somebody dig a deeper hole for themselves. The dude didn't back down from his claims, though, which is what really makes it funny, even after a bunch of us called him on it.

BACK...and to the left... :lol:

:lol:

3 Things that is utter bullshit about that movie:

1) Shooting Kennedy from the front? No.

2) Why do people elaborate on the second shot? It was shot from the Depository hitting Kennedy and Connally. And getting hit at 193 and reacting at 225? Really?

3) There is no evidence that a Dal-Tex shooter is there.

Anyways...

Oh it is entertaining watching somebody dig a deeper hole for themselves. The dude didn't back down from his claims, though, which is what really makes it funny, even after a bunch of us called him on it.

It's hilarious how this is the exact same guy that was promising us a videotape from that EXACT SAME SHOW!

Edited by ledzepfilm

I also tend to lean toward this theory. It's obvious that both Jason and Jimmy are collectors. Fingers have also been pointed towards SHOWCO employees over the years as well, though I've no idea how much substance those particular claims have.

I know for a fact that a SHOWCO employee recorded several Who concerts when they did The Who's house mix for their U.S. '75/'76 tour. So there is probably a good chance that the '75 Led Zep soundboards are coming from ex-SHOWCO employees too (and they most likely recorded shows from '77 as well).

I know for a fact that a SHOWCO employee recorded several Who concerts when they did The Who's house mix for their U.S. '75/'76 tour. So there is probably a good chance that the '75 Led Zep soundboards are coming from ex-SHOWCO employees too (and they most likely recorded shows from '77 as well).

I have about 60 mins of The Who show from Pontiac-1975 on video. Pro-shot

I have about 60 mins of The Who show from Pontiac-1975 on video. Pro-shot

Yeah, that 43 minutes of Pontiac '75 footage (starts at Pinball Wizard) has circulated for years among Who fans. I just wonder if the Led Zep footage would be similar - which is mainly close-up shots of the band members and no wide angle shots or crowd shots.