121212 The Concert For Sandy Relief

Reggie29

I assume the artists are giving their time for free? So that counts The Greedy Stones out as the words "play for free" finished for them in 1969

Edit, because the Stones DID announce they are going to play the gig so I left the rolling eyes for myself, for speaking too quickly! :rolleyes:

Maybe income from food, drinks and merchandise will raise money?? We have free concerts here in my hometown every summer that are payed for that way . Just a thought :) I was happy to see that somebody took the initiative for this concert. What an amazing line up :) Hope I will be able to watch it somehow...

So in this WSJ video, reporter Pia Catton lists all the big names already mentioned who will be participating, including Bruce Springsteen, who's on first. However, she also mentions to make sure and tune in at the very beginning of the broadcast because the opening act is "supposed to be the greatest rock and roll opening act ever." Now, this could mean something significant, or it could be a ruse to tune in. Guess we'll just have to see to find out.

http://live.wsj.com/#!4C863D26-27CB-4AEC-8FF1-94AF5F234085

Maybe U2...maybe :)

And yeah, I was dancing a W I D E circle around they-who-shall-not-be-named being named B)

I'll be tuning in anyway, should be a good show. They're doing a really good thing for people who are in desperate need of it, particularly with winter around the corner.

Well poo! Pay Per View here (Canada) is not showing a listing for it tomorrow!

Anyone know anything about that? I was hoping proceeds, or partial, would go towards the benefit. An easy way for me to help out a wee bit. I'll need to look for another source.

Well poo! Pay Per View here (Canada) is not showing a listing for it tomorrow!

Anyone know anything about that? I was hoping proceeds, or partial, would go towards the benefit. An easy way for me to help out a wee bit. I'll need to look for another source.

I see it listed on Encore on my Direct TV. Part of Showtime or Stars? I have both. The fact that the Stones and the Who are both playing is worth it in itself. And McCartney (I think). Its nuts the lineup. Fucking big. I can get it for free. I am sure the number for donations will be on the bottom for the entire concert. I have already donated money for it. But may again

Roger Waters listed too

If you go to the website (in the first post in this thread), there's a list of every way to watch/listen to it worldwide - TV, streaming, radio.

There's also a link to the charity where you can donate to the cause.

Archived