YOUR FAVORITE MOMENT OF CONCERT?

for those who attended or may have seen portions.....what is your fave moment?

mine: when hearing about Jason bowing and then Jimmy, JPJ & Robert got them all together for a bow.

(also the 21 second clip ...the only one i have so far)....ok it's hard to have one favorite alright!! :)

Yours?????

Plant during Kashmir..

especially his live "improv" of "lemme sock it to you" or whatever he says leading back into the main riff after the interlude before the first bridge.

this is only my opinion, but I say the moment jason started playing the intro to good times bad times, and the whole idea of zeppelin performing their first real concert since 1980 became a reality.....

how do you top that?????

I didn't go to the concert, but I've seen/heard a lot of boot stuff.

I think I really liked STH because I know that song had some friction that goes with the territory.

I think it was beautiful that they could play their most overexposed song one more time. For Ahmet, or the fans, it was wonderful of them to do it.

It's not that I'm a huge STH fan, it just finally hit me that it was Led fucking Zeppelin.

(obviously I didn't watch the songs in order or I would have realized this in the middle of GTBT)

this is only my opinion, but I say the moment jason started playing the intro to good times bad times, and the whole idea of zeppelin performing their first real concert since 1980 became a reality.....

how do you top that?????

Mine's almost there - when the lights came on during GTBT as they all kicked in. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Unbeliveable. So much emotion. I'm sure everyone felt it, that's why the atmosphere was so electric.

A lot of moments like that actually:

violin bow spectacle - gave me chills

hearing the intro to every song (but esp IMTOD)

robert's vocals during Kashmir

crowd (in general and) calling for 2nd encore calling for Rock N Roll, Robert saying 'Oh Yeah?' and the rest of the grand finale

jimmy doing his funny 'dance' during some songs, he was in the zone

me weeping like a baby during no quarter and after the show

etc etc etc

the whole show was my favourite moment.

The entire song of "KASHMIR" was my favorite !

The dark tones of NFBM and D&C are also favs.

I want to hear more of For Your Life and TSRTS.

Anyway, after Iget to hear the entire concert, at some later point in time, I assume that KASHMIR will be the one song that sends me the most.

But there will be speical moments in EACH and EVERY song !! B)

how do you top that?????

I agree. TBH there were so many highlights on the night but when they kicked off with GTBT and you just knew they were going to blow away anyone who doubted their abilities. They sounded rock solid and loud too. This was reinforced at the end when the massive 'Led Zeppelin' writing came up on the screen behind them after R&R.

LedZeppelinO2067.jpg

I wasn't there in person, but I got a feel for it by watching most of it on YouTube.

My favorite part started with the beginning note of 'Good Times, Bad Times' threw the end where JP kissed his guitar, Jason bowed to the band, had a group hug ('cept poor Jonsey) and JP looked like he never wanted to leave the stage.

:)

I bawled during In My Time of Dying and got choked up several other times, especially at the end during and after 'Rock and Roll'.

I have to agree with everyone else, the whole evening was special. I think it really set in,when the lights went off and the "news footage" piece went on that huge screen, Then GTBT started and off they went! "I can't believe I'm here" was running through my head the whole night! I think Kashmir absolutely rocked!

There were alot of highlights of the night for me personally, especially hearing stairway by LED ZEPPELIN, live in person... that was severely a huge moment in my life...

but what took it for me was (kinda) introducing Rock and Roll by screaming it at the top of my lungs, and the whole crowd going mad, and the band kicking into it.... (apologies to robert plant for interupting what he was about to say though) - im still looking for a bootleg that captures me shouting it.

the only one i found just had the enormous crowd roar from the people around me who heard me :)

Highlights: The start, the sheer adrenalin rush at the start of GTBT, the DEEP bass starting Dazed and Confused, the bow work,

Biggest Surprise: How well Tramped Underfoot sounded live. Fantastic.

I enjoyed every second of the concert; there were alot of highlights for me, others have mentioned most:

- the first notes of Good Times Bad Times: it sunk in, I'm here and I'm going to see Zeppelin !!!

- For Your Life...WOW, why didn't they perform this before?

- JPJ's keyboards on No Quarter

- When Plant hit that high note in Kashmir and held it...the crowd roared, he jumped up, whipped his hair back and was just beaming --- you could see his sheer joy at that moment

- Plant's vocals on STH; knowing how he feels about the song didn't stop him from putting everything into it

- Page's guitar work on Since I've been Loving you...

- BOTH encores...the house was just rockin' (on the floor anyway)

No Quarter was the emotional highpoint for me. It was during this song that it truely dawned on me that I was living the fantasy that I've held for over 20 years. In particular, when Page's guitar began to flirt with Jonesy's solo, I became the teenager of years' past who used to blast No Quarter live in a darkened room of rising smoke, reaching the mystical peaks of sonic perfection. My tears they fell like rain.

..the bow solo...

Lord yes, that was very powerful.

And on a much lighter note, very early on in the concert in between songs, Jimmy walked back toward the drum set, smiling with his arms straight out from his sides as if to say to Jason, "We're flying now."

For me the best moment started when Jason Bonhams drum sticks hit the first drum and that moment ended when Roll n Roll finshed and the Massive Zed Zeppelin banner came up.....

On a special not for me the bow, Kashmir, whole lotta love rocked me big time the lights and the music where great.................................................

I enjoyed every second of the concert; there were alot of highlights for me, others have mentioned most:

- the first notes of Good Times Bad Times: it sunk in, I'm here and I'm going to see Zeppelin !!!

- For Your Life...WOW, why didn't they perform this before?

- JPJ's keyboards on No Quarter

- When Plant hit that high note in Kashmir and held it...the crowd roared, he jumped up, whipped his hair back and was just beaming --- you could see his sheer joy at that moment

- Plant's vocals on STH; knowing how he feels about the song didn't stop him from putting everything into it

- Page's guitar work on Since I've been Loving you...

- BOTH encores...the house was just rockin' (on the floor anyway)

Totally agree. But I think it didn't sink in for me that 'yes, i AM here and it IS Zeppelin' till Jimmy slided into MTOD.

For your Life was extraordinary. Amazing graphics on the screen and lighting as well.

That high note in Kashmir - I sooo remember it. What a moment! And then he hit even higher note after that.

And the whole house was rocking during the encores. Even the upper tiers that everyone's so skirmish about. It is not that easy to jump around ten stories high. Everyone was on their feet rocking, at least where I was.

Another memory just came back - how the crowd was calling for the second encore, some people started to elave but the we were having none of it. It just went louder and louder and then all the claps merged into one and the crowd went even wilder. The athmosphere was Electric!

how do you top that?????

That was a stunning moment indeed. However there was a moment near the beginning of Dazed and Confused when the band was very tightly clustered together, Jonesy was looking at Jimmy very intently and ALCHEMY was being performed - DEVASTATING BEAUTIFUL MUSICAL MAGIC.

Archived