YOUR FAVORITE MOMENT OF CONCERT?

Didn't read them all, so maybe someone else said these:

1. I liked it when someone threw a bowler hat on the stage in obvious tribute to Bonzo. Jimmy apparently smiled, but I couldn't see it on the 2 videos I have.

2. I like it when Jimmy kissed his guitar at the end of Rock and Roll. It's hard to see.

Didn't read them all, so maybe someone else said these:

1. I liked it when someone threw a bowler hat on the stage in obvious tribute to Bonzo. Jimmy apparently smiled, but I couldn't see it on the 2 videos I have.

2. I like it when Jimmy kissed his guitar at the end of Rock and Roll. It's hard to see.

Is that the hat that Robert had to kick out of Jimmy's way during Kashmir?

i totally agree with MCM that everyone that took the time from that fantastic show to send stuff from their blackberries etc to the board very cool ...... and everyone thanks for the great details... it brings the show closer to the majority of us that couldn't go! thank you!

:thanku:

My favorite moments would be:

Robert's soaring "Ooooooooooohhhh yeeeeeaaah!!!!!" towards the end of GTBT

All of No Quarter :D

The heaviest moment: Kashmir: "tryin' to find out... where I've... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNN!" sends chills down my spine every time I hear it!! :blink:

Or Jason's solo at the end of Rock and Roll. *looks skyward....*

the entire show was great i was standing about 10 heads back from the stage right in front of robert plant. when they played stairway all i could think was i cant belive im standing in london wachting led fucking zeppelin play stairway to heaven. its been a week and im home in florida it still bring great joy to know that i was one of the lucky ones to have been there.i had been waiting since 1977 to see them. i only hope i dont have to wait that long to see thrm again

the entire show was great i was standing about 10 heads back from the stage right in front of robert plant. when they played stairway all i could think was i cant belive im standing in london wachting led fucking zeppelin play stairway to heaven. its been a week and im home in florida it still bring great joy to know that i was one of the lucky ones to have been there.i had been waiting since 1977 to see them. i only hope i dont have to wait that long to see thrm again

for me it was during the interval and i saw the amp with zoso on it.i texted my good lady wife to tell her i could see it and she replied "stay calm"because she was worried i might have a seizure.

yeh.......i'd say you were lucky. and a long way to go for the concert.

must be some kinda culture shock to be in london one day and back in FL another. (FL cool too) but jeeze tht concert was one amazing event from all the feedback! i hope there will be a dvd to help us get over that it's over.

The bow solo.

Absolutely euphoric.

That solo was so intense. I also liked how he interjected a lighter moment afterwards by walking to the edge of stage left and waving with both hands to the audience. I haven't seen a photo or video of that, but I'm pretty sure I didn't hallucinate it :)

I have only seen clips and heard the complete bootleg, but two favourites.

1. Plant's voice on Kashmir. His howl puts the Unledded performance to shame. I thought, "holy christ, this guy can sing louder than he did in the 70s. Who the eff cares about how high?"

2. All of Dazed and Confused. It really made the band seem like time travellers, and I still don't understand how they pulled it off. I thought more than any other moment they really got to another place that would have been impossible for other bands and even for the solo members of the group.

I was one of the millions of unlucky one who were not selected for the privelage of witnessing the best group ever to grace this earth, although I did think that the whole event was nostalgia and the boys would not be able to perform the way they used to.

How fucking wrong was I, just listned to the whole gig on boot and it was fucking awsome, it was Zep the early years, it bought a tear or two to a born again 45 year old.

The whole show was the best part for me and I can only thank messers Plant, Page, Jones and Bonham(junior) for their dedication in putting on a superlative show.

for those who attended or may have seen portions.....what is your fave moment?

mine: when hearing about Jason bowing and then Jimmy, JPJ & Robert got them all together for a bow.

(also the 21 second clip ...the only one i have so far)....ok it's hard to have one favorite alright!! :)

Yours?????

I liked the intro to Good times and Jason on the drums its a really infectious song I couldnt go to the gig as I live in Australia but I appreciate looking at the clips so far.

I also watched No Quarter and cried alot because its a fantastic goosebumps song and JPJ is just a great wonderful musician.

Thanks so much to everyone posting what you could its appreciated by so many fans.

We cant wait to get the DVD if released. Thats a best seller already !

A favorite moment would be -kashmir! Also really liked the songs played lower and in some cases slower, really liked -good times/bad times as the opener too. The subdued approach really worked, letting the song work for itself...like -stairway to heaven. Still havent heard the show in full yet though, just clips.

That solo was so intense. I also liked how he interjected a lighter moment afterwards by walking to the edge of stage left and waving with both hands to the audience. I haven't seen a photo or video of that, but I'm pretty sure I didn't hallucinate it :)

wow...........that is so cool...wonder if anyone has a clip or pic of this???

watched all the youtube clips WOW!!!!!!!!!!! but personally for me it had to be whole lotta love cos whyalla one of the board members who attended the gig very kindly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! phoned me on his mobile i listened to the track from start to finish :) i cried all the way through it

Glad to hear I'm not the only soppy b!st*#d who tears up at times when listening to the concert boot. Jimmy was playing so extraordinarily well -- listen to his rave-up at the end of "Black Dog"! I don't know why that chokes me up - clearly, I'm ill :)

watched all the youtube clips WOW!!!!!!!!!!! but personally for me it had to be whole lotta love cos whyalla one of the board members who attended the gig very kindly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! phoned me on his mobile i listened to the track from start to finish :) i cried all the way through it

now that's definitely next best to being there! listening live. i'd have cried too...hey i cried watching 21 second clips!! :D

My son and I were at the show and for me my favorite moment was during No Quarter when, after the opening sequence and as Jonsey took over on organ, Robert walked over to Jimmy and gave him a big hug - it seemed so spontaneous and genuine. Their smiles spoke volumes about how much they we're enjoying themsleves.

Musically the highlight was a toss-up between D&C and Kashmir. While not in my top 10 LZ tunes -Kashmir was stunning! Plant poured it all out. Many times through the show I found myself incredulous of what I was hearing and the event that was taking place. I would look around at the people aroiund me and most of them had the same looks on their faces that I'm certain I had on mine .... joyous and amazed - what a night!

My son and I were at the show and for me my favorite moment was during No Quarter when, after the opening sequence and as Jonsey took over on organ, Robert walked over to Jimmy and gave him a big hug - it seemed so spontaneous and genuine. Their smiles spoke volumes about how much they we're enjoying themsleves.

Musically the highlight was a toss-up between D&C and Kashmir. While not in my top 10 LZ tunes -Kashmir was stunning! Plant poured it all out. Many times through the show I found myself incredulous of what I was hearing and the event that was taking place. I would look around at the people aroiund me and most of them had the same looks on their faces that I'm certain I had on mine .... joyous and amazed - what a night!

How cool to share the show with your son...two generations of fans!!! and your descriptions just make give me the chills. what wonderful memories you'll have. i know what you mean about it is this happening

PS.....I love your name....when i read it the song that it comes from goes through my mind!

-------------

A lot of fans commented on how it seemed like it was unreal...couldn't believe it was happening etc.. The fans aren't alone!

quote of Jason Bonham from the United Press Intl' 12.19.07 article.

"It still ... kind of feels surreal, like it never really happened in some way," said Bonham, who's regular gig is playing drums for Foreigner. "If you'd have wanted a moment for everyone to get it right at one point, that was it. It's very, very special for me."

1. The intro film running, the cheering and screaming getting louder and me sitting in the dark thinking "God, I'm at a Led Zeppelin show !!!!!" Then the drums and lights kick off GTBT.........

2. TU; stomping, funky, relentless.

3. IMTOD; creepy, nasty, dangerous slide guitar.

4. Getting covered in beer as the happy drunk next to me played drums on the STH solo with a full pint in one hand. And not caring at all.....

IMTOD; creepy, nasty, dangerous slide guitar - Definitely way cool! Just had dying captured in heavy, torturous metal grating! Fabulous.

• 7 months later...

Other than the entire show??? I had many moments, but here are my top 3...

1. I was captivated by the opening footage and shocked that I was there, that the opening sound and lights of Good Times, Bad Times totally blew me away and made this grown man shed a tear.

2. For Your Life. Hypnotizing screen shots to accompany the music. Why wasn't this song played live before???? This performance made me appreciate this song more.

3. Jimmy's bow solo in Dazed And Confused. I saw vidoes, hear live shows and knew of the legend, but to see the guitar master in action... and the laser show to accompany him..... MINDBLOWING.

Archived