Will Zep guys be on Charlie Rose on CBS This Morning?

boogie woogie

Notice they always leave it up to Robert to answer first (and then he fidgets around - even more - when Robert starts talking).

Nice tactic there, Jimmy. :)

The more and more I see these questions asked, the more I can see that Page is NOT happy that they're not reuniting. That answer he keeps giving about how its been five years, get the hint.

I do agree with Robert, but I think Robert deep down knows he won't be able to handle the regular grind and I don't think he wants that spotlight again. Even though Jimmy Page is the Zeppelin leader, the focal point will be Robert.

Downloaded it ASAP.

The info they showed of the band was nice. But that "dreaded" question again. It will never end. It looked like Page was defending Plant, when he (Charlie Rose) kinda got on Plant for being the one, not to tour...I guess Plant is tired of answering that question. Don't blame em'

The more and more I see these questions asked, the more I can see that Page is NOT happy that they're not reuniting. That answer he keeps giving about how its been five years, get the hint.

I do agree with Robert, but I think Robert deep down knows he won't be able to handle the regular grind and I don't think he wants that spotlight again. Even though Jimmy Page is the Zeppelin leader, the focal point will be Robert.

i haven't watched this yet, but i think it's been clear that Jimmy really would love to play with the band again.

but as for Robert not being able to handle the grind, how about all the stuff he is doing right now and has been doing ? i don't think his not wanting to reunite and tour is about not being able to handle it. it's probably a mix of some emotions involved in bonham not being there and maybe expectations and comparisons with how they played before. he feels they wouldn't be able to just play and have fun as they did before.

and say they did perform again and they didn't do Stairway, all the people who keep asking about whether they would reunite will start asking about that . "are you going to play stairway" "will you ever play stairway " etc etc.

This one was edited more than the last one, actually editing video/audio into the interview. They just received the kennedy center award, i would have thought that charlie rose would have talked more about that. Im thinking of charlie roses show on public tv, much better format.

and say they did perform again and they didn't do Stairway, all the people who keep asking about whether they would reunite will start asking about that . "are you going to play stairway" "will you ever play stairway " etc etc.

Personally speaking, IF they did ever play a series of gigs - I would prefer them NOT to play Stairway...it's just so played out. I enjoyed them not playing it in the various P/P shows I saw.

I enjoyed the Charlie Rose interview portion of yesterday's CBS This Morning show. Charlie seemed to know the music and history of the band better than most. Too bad they didn't get interviewed for That Metal Show. Eddie Trunk would do a good job with them, IMO. He certainly knows and respects Zeppelin's music!

This one was edited more than the last one, actually editing video/audio into the interview. They just received the kennedy center award, i would have thought that charlie rose would have talked more about that. Im thinking of charlie roses show on public tv, much better format.

The Charlie Rose interview was done before the Honors.

P.S: Though I do understand what you're saying. Would love to see all three on his other show with a longer interview time.

After veiwing Celebration Day I don't consider the 02 show as evidence that they can still do justice to the music. I'd rather have my blu-ray of it than not, but......

And Jason Bonham is not John Bonham. The mistake these artist make when trying to replace one of their fallen members is to go with someone known. This makes me think that they are more concerned with pop aspect (audiences acceptence of the replacement) than they are of the musicianship or music itself.

And Jason Bonham is not John Bonham. The mistake these artist make when trying to replace one of their fallen members is to go with someone known. This makes me think that they are more concerned with pop aspect (audiences acceptence of the replacement) than they are of the musicianship or music itself.

...after trying to play along with the BluRay on both drums and guitar- I respectfully can't get to where you are on your musicianship point.

If anyone has ever been able to successfully cover play/sing For Your Life and still not be in awe of the musicianship...

...after trying to play along with the BluRay on both drums and guitar- I respectfully can't get to where you are on your musicianship point.

If anyone has ever been able to successfully cover play/sing For Your Life and still not be in awe of the musicianship...

Well his point still stands-no John Henry Bonham,no Zeppelin.

Even Page said-if one of them left,no matter who,it would be over.

I agree with you about the music part. There are only handful bands and musicians in the world who can perform at that level.

Both Jimmy and John always seem to get upset when the reunion question is broached, you can tell by their body language. It's not the question either, just knowing what Robert is about to say; must be frustrating for them, but that's the deal. One time I'd love to hear Jimmy belt out as a gag..."Oh yeah, we're planning a world tour sometime next year, Robert just doesn't know it yet." I wonder how Robert would take that?

Notice they always leave it up to Robert to answer first (and then he fidgets around - even more - when Robert starts talking).

Nice tactic there, Jimmy. :)

It seemed to me that Robert jumped at the reunion question with both feet, no hesitation at all from the others. He stated "I want to do great creative things." He says that a lot, isn't he indirectly stating to Jimmy and John, "Give me a reason or give me the goods?"

It seemed to me that Robert jumped at the reunion question with both feet, no hesitation at all from the others. He stated "I want to do great creative things." He says that a lot, isn't he indirectly stating to Jimmy and John, "Give me a reason or give me the goods?"

Fair enough to think that. Though I do think they can still come up with good music together even if it is an album made up of entirely acoustic/non-too-heavy music. *crosses fingers and toes that it happens someday*

Robert is never one to 'stand still' and likes to go every which way the wind takes him when it comes to music. So methinks it's going to be a little difficult gelling with Jimmy and John if they're not on the same wavelength.

Go back and watch the interview - the look in Jim’s eyes when asked if Zeppelin were the best: his response, the confidence in the way he says it, the body language he exudes, the look of passion in his eyes – as a viewer I could feel it deep inside of me. It was the first and only time in my life, where I could actually understand how the musician felt. The pain on Jones and Page’s face knowing it won’t be allowed to proceed was clearly visible.

Fair enough to think that. Though I do think they can still come up with good music together even if it is an album made up of entirely acoustic/non-too-heavy music. *crosses fingers and toes that it happens someday*

this is what i would like to see happen. i actually think Robert would be more up to it if not for the media and others with all their hype and expectations and the same shit over and over again.

i think he just wants to play and have a good time. he wants people who come to just come because they want to hear music. like it was before and like it is with the others he now plays with.

also maybe he would like to avoid some of the pr crap. this is probably true of john paul and jimmy also.

Go back and watch the interview - the look in Jim’s eyes when asked if Zeppelin were the best: his response, the confidence in the way he says it, the body language he exudes, the look of passion in his eyes – as a viewer I could feel it deep inside of me. It was the first and only time in my life, where I could actually understand how the musician felt. The pain on Jones and Page’s face knowing it won’t be allowed to proceed was clearly visible.

I noticed that too. When Robert first tried to explain why the band won't be reuniting, both Page and Jones in unison turned away from Plant to look for a drink. When they both resumed to their seated interview position it was clear there was a look of 'resigned disappointment' the band wasn't going to continue.

I noticed that too. When Robert first tried to explain why the band won't be reuniting, both Page and Jones in unison turned away from Plant to look for a drink. When they both resumed to their seated interview position it was clear there was a look of 'resigned disappointment' the band wasn't going to continue.

The look of disdain and disgust on John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page when Robert refuses to concede that Zeppelin were the best band; and when both Jimmy and Jones both look away as Robert describes he is looking for artistic integrity in his new music was priceless. Clearly, Jimmy and Jones are not on the same sleepy page as Robert.

The look of disdain and disgust on John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page when Robert refuses to concede that Zeppelin were the best band; and when both Jimmy and Jones both look away as Robert describes he is looking for artistic integrity in his new music was priceless. Clearly, Jimmy and Jones are not on the same sleepy page as Robert.

Well think about it. My guess is that in the months after the O2 show in 2008 they were working on new material. What they had must've been so good and they must've felt so rejuvenated by it. But when that all comes crashing down, yeah hell, I'd be annoyed too.

But then there's that 2 edged sword. They keep talking about how it couldn't and shouldn't continue without Bonham. But yet they still want to go out and tour with Plant. Robert is the only one sticking to his guns. So there is some hypocrisy on both sides as well.

Aside from all that, the only real dream I have is to see what they could do in the studio one last time. All those unused guitar melodies and jams that we've heard from bootlegs, all the recent stuff Page may be working on, and Page as a producer again. I would love to hear another studio record.

At the very end of the book When There Were Giants the author talks about how every time the band almost got regrouped Robert took off. When his Krouse collaboration began to take off, he abandoned taking anything further with JP and JPJ. Before that, I think around the time RP and JP did the second Plant/Page recording, Robert cancelled on a planned tour of Australia. Talk also of old demons and divisions between the band members rearing up. Made me think that it is not an issue of Robert being too emotional to reconnect, but that there really are other issues the band members have not resolved amongst themselves.

At the very end of the book When There Were Giants the author talks about how every time the band almost got regrouped Robert took off. When his Krouse collaboration began to take off, he abandoned taking anything further with JP and JPJ. Before that, I think around the time RP and JP did the second Plant/Page recording, Robert cancelled on a planned tour of Australia. Talk also of old demons and divisions between the band members rearing up. Made me think that it is not an issue of Robert being too emotional to reconnect, but that there really are other issues the band members have not resolved amongst themselves.

I agree. There is one other thing, though. The did a reunion tour a few years ago.

Archived