KENNEDY CENTER HONORS DEC 26

led zep maniack

Just a reminder to everybody Kennedy center honors tues december 26 it's been a few weeks since the taping and I almost forgot about the show on CBS here in the states it starts 9pm here on the east coast.

WRONG ! !

I don't know what calendar you are using, zep maniack, but the CBS Television broadcast is Wednesday, December 26th for 2 hours, 9pm-11pm EST.

Just a minor thing, but when a Zep Event is announced, the particulars are important.

That said, with CBS also broadcasting the Grammy's, and that they are already advertising Dave Grohl as a headlining performer, I would assume, that for marketing tie-in purposes and synergy, that the Dave Grohl set from the Kennedy Center Honors will make it in, and some other worthy Zeppelin tribute performance will be cut instead.

What's best foir CBS, after all...

Edited by The Rover

WRONG ! !

I don't know what calendar you are using, zep maniack, but the CBS Television broadcast is Wednesday, December 26th for 2 hours, 9pm-11pm EST.

Just a minor thing, but when a Zep Event is announced, the particulars are important.

That said, with CBS also broadcasting the Grammy's, and that they are already advertising Dave Grohl as a headlining performer, I would assume, that for marketing tie-in purposes and synergy, that the Dave Grohl set from the Kennedy Center Honors will make it in, and some other worthy Zeppelin tribute performance will be cut instead.

What's best foir CBS, after all...

You are correct im sorry it is wednesday I will update it sorry kept thinking today was monday lol

Just finished watching it on CBS and what an awesome tribute to Led Zeppelin. I was so touched by Robert Plant's tears, it brought tears to my own eyes. I have no words really to describe how this band has touched me as a teen and to this day, still one, if not, the only rock band in the world that brings me to heaven every time I listen to them. Congratulations Led Zeppelin. You are the reason God gave us ears!

STH with Ann and Nancy Wilson was really powerful and excellent, Page and Plant both had tears in their eyes...it actually put a tear in my eye. Such a great song, and was the well deserved grand finale. Jack Black was funny introducing Zep, he definitely gets it and is an obvious true Zep fan, like us here..."Best band ever!".

Edited by Tea41

What a great tribute to the band, very moving. It definitely was edited in spots, too much for my taste, but I guess that's American TV for you. Black Dog by the Foo's was really short, not enough of Grohl on drums. Kid Rock had his own take on "Ramble" which worked really well I thought and was also edited it seemed. Lenny Kravitz rocked on WLL, but again it was too short. STH performed by Heart with Jason on drums and backed by a full orchestra and choir was very cool; the boys were clearly moved by it, with Robert tearing up and possibly Jimmy as well.