Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
TheLastSpartan

Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes

Oct 16, 1999 Worcester, MA.  I was there.  Joe Perry came on stage for "Oh Well" by Fleetwood Mac.  Fantastic show.  What a set list (from Jimmy's website today).  Video below set list.

Celebration Day
Custard Pie
Sick Again
No Speak No Slave
What Is and What Should Never Be
Hard to Handle
Mellow Down Easy
Ten Years Gone
In My Time of Dying
Your Time Is Gonna Come
Remedy
The Lemon Song
Shake Your Money Maker
Shapes of Things
Nobody's Fault But Mine
Heartbreaker

Encore

Hey Hey What Can I Do
Out on the Tiles > Whole Lotta Love
You Shook Me
Oh Well

I was at the Worcester show as well John M. what an amazing show! The Centrum is a bit smaller of a venue so the view was pretty great from the balcony where I was seated. 

Favorite songs for me at this show were ten years gone and shapes of things. I remember I thought it funny that the first run of these shows were in LA, New York, and Worcester of all places before they announced the larger tour...I was glad they came here but why not Boston? 

I also was at the Great Woods show later that following summer; the one where the who was playing back to back nights...was very good, but not as good as the Worcester show.

1 hour ago, Darth Hoek said:

I also was at the Great Woods show later that following summer; the one where the who was playing back to back nights...was very good, but not as good as the Worcester show.

I was at the Great Woods show too.   I don't remember which show was better - they were both great shows.

I was at 2 of the 3 shows at roseland, same setlist i think, a well rehearsed setlist for a fans dream....as far as led zeppelin setlists went. Never thought those would be the last Page shows. 

Crazy

I think I thought Worcester seemed better since I was seated on the lawn at the great woods show and the sound usually is pretty piss poor there; even now that it is the Comcast Xfinity Center.  I remember seeing Phish there two years ago or three years ago and the sound cut out for most of the show on the lawn and it was really bad overall.  Additionally, I also really like some of the dive bars in Worcester, so maybe I was a bit biased. 

For the Crowes and Page, the performance prob was better at Great Woods given the amount of time they had been playing together at that point.  I'm a bit fuzzy on it I suppose from having too much fun tailgating before the show.  I need to look up the Great Woods Show Setlist now....

Edited by Darth Hoek

The other show I saw on that tour was Camden, NJ July 8, 2000.  Another fantastic show.   Horsehead and No Speak No Slave were killer !!  Too bad they never did My Morning Song together.  One of the Crowes best tracks and it would have suited Jimmy well. 

Edited by John M