Happy Birthday Jimmy Page - 69 Today

Reggie29

9th Jan 1944, Born on this day, Jimmy Page, guitarist and producer, member of the Yardbirds and Led Zeppelin who had the 1969 US No.4 single Whole Lotta Love. The bands fourth album released in 1971 featuring the rock classic Stairway To Heaven has sold over 37 million copies. Formed The Honeydrippers, (with Robert Plant, Jeff Beck & Nile Rodgers) who had the 1984 US No.3 single Sea Of Love. As a session guitarist in the 60s Page played on Here Comes The Night by Them, Shout by Lulu and The Who's Can't Explain.

http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/pages/Led_Zeppelin_form

Best wishes for a wonderful birthday, Jimmy! I hope that today is the beginning of another great year for you.

It was a pleasant surprise to meet you again this past year. You still possess a singular enchantment that always came completely naturally to you. Thank you for being so charming, gracious, and considerate.

Jimmy, you will always have my best wishes and my prayers.

:birthday::yourock::notworthy:

Happy 69th Birthday to the one and only James Patrick Page!

My favourite guitar player. Millions of hours of my life have been spent listening to his music, his notes alternately scorching or caressing my ears. If I go on, I'm just going to get all emotional and blubber like a baby, so I'll stop now. Happy birthday and here's to many more.

Somewhat surprised by the lack of '69 jokes...admirable restraint shown by the forum.

Archived