Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
darrin_h2000

Click track?

Just discovered this goofy thread...LOL. Who knows what Bonzo was doing, there are several stories...plastic garbage bin, a guitar case, cardboard box, his knee , his shoe sole, drum seat, tapping on a mic...etc....none of which are certain . If you listen closely, especially to the isolated tracks,  the 16ths vary in accents and slightly in tempo, they are not mechanically even or dynamically consistent. To me it sounds like sticks on a leather or padded surface, not bare hands. Not on his legs or a hard case...and CERTAINLY NOT A CLICK.  The uneveness, phrasing, and sound are obviously human. Also, running a click at 16ths instead of quarter notes makes no sense. 

I always thought it was Bonham's bare hands on a guitar case.

Somebody should definitely ask one of the remaining members if they get the chance. Is Eddie Kramer on Twitter?

*Goes to look for Kramer on Twitter

54 minutes ago, Mook said:

I always thought it was Bonham's bare hands on a guitar case.

Somebody should definitely ask one of the remaining members if they get the chance. Is Eddie Kramer on Twitter?

*Goes to look for Kramer on Twitter

😋 

Listen to the isolated track, the taps sound too hard to be fingers. It sounds like sticks on something rubbery or padded to me, but it could be because of the mic'ing and reverb. 

Eddie Kramer ....yoohoo!