Greetings

lightandshade

Greetings to the greatest fans in the world! B)

Hello to all - new to this forum, but I was an active member on the old board a loooong time ago. I decided to rejoin because of what an exciting time it is to be a Zeppelin fan - Celebration Day, Kennedy Center Honors, etc. It's great to again see such a mixture of youth, enthusiasm, and experience here. Learned a lot about my favorite band here on the first go-a-round, and looking forward to learning even more. :)

I've been a passionate Zeppelin fan for about eight years. A friend sent me the video of Jimmy Page performing on the Julie Felix show... and the rest, shall we say, is history! I grew up as a classical musician, and Led Zeppelin opened my eyes to a whole new appreciation of music - improvisation, nuances, different genres, etc. Every time I listen to a Zeppelin song (even if it's for the thousandth time), I can pick up on something different that I haven't noticed before... which of course, leads to a whole new appreciation and love.

As a twenty something fan (whose cultural tastes tend towards the 60's and 70's), one of my greatest joys is introducing people to Led Zeppelin (ironically, including my parents). It's great when people are in on the secret, isn't it? Looking forward to chatting music with all of you.

Cheers, see you around the block! :drinks:

Hey we just had a chat.....welcome and welcome back.....just noticed the "classical musician" comment in your introduction. We'll have to talk about your love of "The Rain Song" in more depth. I've often thought that out of all their tunes, that and Kashmir could cross over into that genre very easily.....cheers

^^^ :lol: Hi, Charles! :wave:

Hey we just had a chat.....welcome and welcome back.....just noticed the "classical musician" comment in your introduction. We'll have to talk about your love of "The Rain Song" in more depth. I've often thought that out of all their tunes, that and Kashmir could cross over into that genre very easily.....cheers

We meet again, Mr. fishhead! :wave: Thanks for the great song conversation on the other thread, will be sending you a message soon.

Hello to all - new to this forum, but I was an active member on the old board a loooong time ago. I decided to rejoin because of As a twenty something fan (whose cultural tastes tend towards the 60's and 70's), one of my greatest joys is introducing people to Led Zeppelin (ironically, including my parents). It's great when people are in on the secret, isn't it? Looking forward to chatting music with all of you.

Cheers, see you around the block! :drinks:

Love it!

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and its great to be among so many zep heads, I'm 29 and have been a zep fan from the age of 11 or 12, its fair to say I'm obsessed with the band and everything about them, they are without doubt my favourite band along with ozzy era sabbath although I will definately admit zep are the BEST band ever, communication breakdown was the first song that got me into zep and when I first heard that song it made the hairs stand on the back of my neck, for me I cannot name zeps greatest album as I think they are all great apart from ittod , jimmy page is without doubt the coolest guitarist that has ever lived and one of the best and is my favourite in the band by a mile, gutted I wernt around in the 70s to witness this awesome band, without zep life would not be the same and they are a huge part of my life and always will,

^ Hi, black zeppelin! :wave: Welcome to the forum, it's truly fantastic to be among fellow Zep heads. :)

Love it!

Those were some funny conversations.

"Wow, these guys are really great!"

"Dad, what exactly were you doing during the '70s?"

"Nothing I can talk about with you. And if it wasn't The Stones or The Who, I wasn't interested."

Honestly. :rolleyes::lol:

Archived