Julian Lennon

Charles J. White

This is my all time fav Julian Lennon masterpiece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3PXqsPKzLE

. He really is one of those singers that give me a warm comforting feeling. Just a natural sounding voice and a good writer as well. Despite his dad being a total asshole, I think it's cool that Julian Lennon got the last laugh by being a star in his own right, and a much better man

Despite his dad being a total asshole, I think it's cool that Julian Lennon got the last laugh by being a star in his own right, and a much better man

Your opinion, I certainly don't share it.

Julian was at the Celebration Day premiere in London, he said he loved the movie.

Edited by Knebby

Julian was at the Celebration Day premiere in London, he said he loved the movie.

That's really cool. :)

He really is one of those singers that give me a warm comforting feeling. Just a natural sounding voice and a good writer as well.

Love Julian Lennon - "Day After Day" is also my favorite song of his. Another song of his that's always intrigued me is "Cole's Song", which he co-wrote and recorded for "Mr. Holland's Opus" (one of my favorite movies). Within the context of the film, it's a song from a father, dedicated to a son who he's reconnecting with after an estrangement. Always makes me wonder how much of it was a reflection of Julian's own complex relationship with his father - knowledge only the two of them would be truly privy to, of course. Beautiful song.

A great artist, and you're right - his voice is musical comfort food! Always calms me down after a stressful day.

Edited by lightandshade

• 1 year later...

I`ve been on youtube.com viewing Sean Lennon, sorry I now its off topic but there both brothers and musicians plus I`d never heard Sean`s music before. oh what joy his voice is the same as his famous father with the twist of his mothers avant-garde. his new album Midnight Sun, under the band name of The Ghost Of A Saber Tooth Tiger, with Charlotte Kemp Muhl, the music is of a mix of pink Floyd, proggy psychedelia, british folk and early soft machine a wired mix but it works great, I`ll be ordering the album as having listened to a few tracks on youtube.com, maybe more of his music entering my world... added to Julian`s music I`ve been lucky in been pointing to all the new musicians wow some have been pointing out by my good friend Charlie J, so thank you Charlie J. White...

• 2 weeks later...

This is my all time fav Julian Lennon masterpiece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3PXqsPKzLE

. He really is one of those singers that give me a warm comforting feeling. Just a natural sounding voice and a good writer as well. Despite his dad being a total asshole, I think it's cool that Julian Lennon got the last laugh by being a star in his own right, and a much better man

I don't know that John Lennon was an asshole but I've never understood how he could leave Julian out of his will. I'm under the impression that Julian is currently devoting more time to photography than music.

Edited by Disco Duck

I don't know that John Lennon was an asshole but I've never understood how he could leave Julian out of his will. I'm under the impression that Julian is currently devoting more time to photography than music.

It’s not about leaving him out of the will that is not the overriding issue in my mind. John Lennon abandoned his son, walked away from him and ignored him, and that is the vilest and most repugnant thing a man can do to his son. Not only did he abandon him, but John Lennon was known to be publicly violent and belittling towards Julian and that is a separate issue from the abandonment of his son, let alone being left out will on top of the abandonment. John Lennon because of how he died (which was disgusting and inexcusable) has been turned into a saint, and just a casual reading of those who knew him best will tell you he was a violent drinking uncaring hypocrite who was more interested in being stoned. He was a damaged man because of what his father did to him, and he repeated that damage with Julian. From what I have seen, Julian seems to have become a balanced and better man over his father. As you can see I’m a Julian fan!

It’s not about leaving him out of the will that is not the overriding issue in my mind. John Lennon abandoned his son, walked away from him and ignored him, and that is the vilest and most repugnant thing a man can do to his son. Not only did he abandon him, but John Lennon was known to be publicly violent and belittling towards Julian and that is a separate issue from the abandonment of his son, let alone being left out will on top of the abandonment. John Lennon because of how he died (which was disgusting and inexcusable) has been turned into a saint, and just a casual reading of those who knew him best will tell you he was a violent drinking uncaring hypocrite who was more interested in being stoned. He was a damaged man because of what his father did to him, and he repeated that damage with Julian. From what I have seen, Julian seems to have become a balanced and better man over his father. As you can see I’m a Julian fan!

Absolutely Charles J. White. I could not agree with you more.

• 6 months later...

You made several good points. I've never been a Yoko Ono fan, but I think many John Lennon fans unfairly blame her for Lennon's selfish, uncaring behavior. Lennon CHOSE to leave his first wife, Cynthia, for Yoko. He CHOSE to abandon Julian and to cut him out of his will.