GRAVEYARD! Check out this rocking Swedish band!

Strider

For those of you who complain about modern rock bands and say nobody plays 70s style hard rock anymore, check out this band from Sweden called GRAVEYARD! I just picked up their latest album "Lights Out", and it's a blast! I saw them back in 2008 or 2009 on a bill with Witchcraft and other bands, but kind of lost track of them. Then a friend tipped me about their new album and I resolved to reacquaint myself with the band.

The band:

Joakim Nilsson - vocals, guitar

Rikard Edlund - bass

Jonatan Larocca Ramm - guitar, vocals

Axel Sjöberg - drums

Here's two of the official videos from the new album...gotta love the GTO in the second clip, "Endless Night".

Some from their earlier albums, "Graveyard" and "Hisingen Blues", including their awesome jam "Thin Line/Evil Ways":

Even better news...after missing their show in January, I just found out they are playing the El Rey Theatre this Sunday night! I'm so there!

Edited by Strider

Just a brief word about the Graveyard concert at the El Rey Theatre Sunday night. It's late right now and I'm tired, and I still have to sort through my photos...I took over 60 but probably only half of those are worth posting. But I wanted to post the setlist at least. The show rocked my socks...Graveyard played from 9:35pm to about 11pm. The opener was local band The Shrine, a trio of hard-rocking skaters from Venice/Santa Monica, who played a half-hour set of stoner-skater-heavy rock. Lots of long hair, beards and tattoos...and that was just the women. ^_^

Graveyard's setlist:

1. An Industry of Murder

2. Hisingen Blues

3. Seven Seven

4. Slow Motion Countdown

5. Ain't Fit to Live Here

6. Buying Truth

7. Uncomfortably Numb

8. As the Years Pass By, the Hours Bend

9. Granny & Davis

10. Hard Times Lovin'

11. Thin Line

12. Goliath

Encore:

13. The Siren

14. Endless Night

15. Evil Ways

Here are the rest of the tour dates on this little US tour...if you have a chance, it is well worth your while to check them out. Tickets were only $20 at the El Rey show.

February 19, 2013 Phoenix, AZ (The Crescent Ballroom)

February 21, 2013 Austin (Emo’s East)

February 22, 2013 Dallas, TX (Granada Theater)

February 23, 2013 Houston, TX (Fitzgerald’s)

Edited by Strider

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

There are many threads on Graveyard around here and I honestly could not decide which thread to post this in, so I chose this thread at random! Yes, I am aware of the existence of that nifty little search function, thank you very much! :P

This little piece of news below honestly made me smile! Looks like a certain Mr. Page is a fan of Graveyard! B)

GET THE LED OUT

It hasn’t been that long since he rock ’n’ rolled. Guitar god Jimmy Page was a spectator in Webster Hall’s VIP section Sunday (May, 11th) while Swedish hard rock band Graveyard rattled the stage. One concertgoer tells us the Led Zeppelin great, accompanied by his bodyguard, stocked up on concert tees and vinyl editions of Graveyard albums on his way out.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/esposito-line-lot-stomach-article-1.1789667#ixzz34t2ilfY9

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

• 2 years later...

It is with sadness that I am bumping this thread today. 

As of today, Graveyard has officially disbanded. Absolutely gutted! 

10 years. 4 albums. 1000's of concerts. Wonderful music with a special retro touch! Thanks for everything, guys. Heal well and may peace be with you, gentlemen!

Capture2.PNG

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It's official! Graveyard has a new album coming out! :D 

It goes by the name Peace and is set to be released on May, 25th. 

The album can be pre-ordered by clicking on the link below:

https://media.nuclearblast.de/shoplanding/2018/Graveyard/peace.html

Here is a teaser from a music video for one of the songs. I really love the sound, even though this snippet is just 25 seconds long:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...