Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sam_webmaster

New Film Footage - Chicago 9/5/71

31 posts in this topic

That is fantastic! There's also the audience member grooving onstage with Robert. What a show that must have been.

Holy cow! What a fantastic find! Lucky, lucky fan there at the end. :D

Thanks for the share, Sam.

Another gem and most welcome. Only a pity there's now sound.

Wonderful stuff Sam :) ! Hopefully someones got a recording of the show to go along with this footage

Thanks Sam- Fantastic footage-very cool that it is in B&W. I could watch a full show in this quality.

...Thank you, I love the Timeline Comments, absent security, lucky fan!! both, off stage and on stage next to Robert!!!!\ ;)

This is awesome! Sync coming soon.

Sadly, there is no recording from this show. But like every other show that has video but no audio, I'm going to use the previous night.

Edited by ledzepfilm

This is fantastic stuff! Many thanks to the photographer. You think Peter Grant & co were absent & having dinner with some of the guys from the Chicago "outfit" that night? - Hence the film....

Any footage from 1971 is manna from heaven to this Led Zeppelin fan, and thanks Sam for locating it. Any ideas who the bird is at the end? One of the regular Chicago Hostesses that welcomed bands to town back then, perhaps?

Also, I am somewhat annoyed by the original uploader...he loaded this clip to Youtube on June 28, 2011! But because it was so poorly titled and tagged, it took nearly TWO YEARS for anyone to find it.

Also, I am somewhat annoyed by the original uploader...he loaded this clip to Youtube on June 28, 2011! But because it was so poorly titled and tagged, it took nearly TWO YEARS for anyone to find it.

It's been like that with some of the other recent 8mm finds. They are sometimes originally uploaded as "private", then are made "public" a long time afterwards. (In this case, the filmer sent it to me).

Wow great find"!!! and what a lucky girl at the end..Robert just has a great groove going..

I just started syncing with the Soundboard recording from the previous night in Toronto. When you know what beat Bonzo's playing, and can sync Robert to the track, it's pretty easy!

So far, I have That's The Way, Going to California, and What is and What Should Never Be.

LZF, thank you for your time and effort, much appreciated and enjoyed, great work, your passion shines through this film...

Edited by PlanetPage

What? Nobody likes this video... ?! Prime Zep 1971!!!?

Thank you 4 the sync,,, awesome!

Well done LZF ! Wonderful job :)

LZF- what everybody else said, THANK YOU for your time and efforts :peace:

Edited by Deborah J