Robert Plant Hints He'd Be Open to Led Zeppelin Reunion

Jimmy's Dragon Suit

I think today's interview shows that Robert was being silly and that statement was clearly tounge in cheek. Here's another question to ponder....If Jimmy had been more productive with his musical output since 1980, what difference would that have made in Robert's feelings? And I don't mean a full long term career of living under the Zeppelin banner, but more thing between all three.....

I think today's interview shows that Robert was being silly and that statement was clearly tounge in cheek. Here's another question to ponder....If Jimmy had been more productive with his musical output since 1980, what difference would that have made in Robert's feelings? And I don't mean a full long term career of living under the Zeppelin banner, but more thing between all three.....

I don't understand how that could effect Robert though?

Go to around 10.15 it was a joke, a bit cruel look how many hopes got raised these past few weeks.

Ah, I could listen to this man read the ingredients at the back of a cereal box and still be enthralled.

Either way, an enjoyable interview and hopefully puts to rest all the queries...though I doubt it. -_-

Thanks for sharing the vid link!

It is so sad that more “modern” rock bands who were not remotely as adventurous as Led Zeppelin, stuck playing to click tracks and the same limited set lists are touring, and the single most exciting and powerful juggernaut that has ever been or ever will be is doing nothing but collecting dust because the singer likes sticking it to the fans of Led Zeppelin…

It is so sad that more “modern” rock bands who were not remotely as adventurous as Led Zeppelin, stuck playing to click tracks and the same limited set lists are touring, and the single most exciting and powerful juggernaut that has ever been or ever will be is doing nothing but collecting dust because the singer likes sticking it to the fans of Led Zeppelin…

Methinks you just answered your own reasoning for why that 'singer' likes 'sticking it to the fans of Led Zeppelin'.

• 2 weeks later...

What I love about Led Zeppelin is that they were never a click track band in the live setting, and they always mixed the set list up. I often wonder what the new songs were like that John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page, and Jason Bonham were working on.

Shame they ,along with the Bath 1986 sessions have not surfaced on bootleg , I suppose they have more mystery while they remain unheard.

They might have the sessions recorded in which different vocalists tried out .

Having seen Plant twice in the last 5 years he is not "sticking it" to anyone considering I paid only 30 dollars to sit in the 15th row and the entire place was on their feet. I guess people were rather he was like McCartney or even U2 who actually practice all of Bono's rants he does mid song in rehearsal...I already listened to Alison and patty Griffin but found out about a lot of americana musicians that I went out and bought after the shows... I hope the Sensational Space Shifters can "stick it to"us fans in the states soon... One could argue, by doing nothing without Plant, Page is really sticking it to people for 20-25 years. These guys are at the age they should do what they want not what is expected. Sad fact is I probably couldnt afford a Zep ticket and actually no musical act is worth paying hundreds to see...not even the best band ever and i don't see tix being under 100 if it happened. Do people really feel artists are "sticking it to them"? I don't think Robert has wavered in his desire to try new sounds and music so I wouldn't expect anything else thats too retro.

• 3 years later...

It's Late, but I wanted to say who I thought could (not that they would) sing LZ songs with the depth and soul that I'd expect, as no one can top Robert's delivery of LZ songs.

That would be the CCM artist AMY GRANT.

But, who could match her voice, her very good singing voice!!

I really mean this. I'm not Joking..

Archived