My favorite photo that I ever took of Jimmy....

markbowmanimages

My favorite photo that I ever took of Jimmy....

Jimmy Page at Ronnie Lane's party - La Mansion Hotel, Austin, Texas - after the gig on March 23, 1985 with The Firm....

It's the night we really got to talk for the first time and he was so complimentary of my photos that it made me red with humility.... It was the night he asked for my phone number and a friendship started from there.... The night this photo was taken, he sat down and really perused my photos both of the Dallas ARMS show, but also the photos I had taken onstage of him and The Firm in Houston two nights before on March 21, 1985... Jimmy was cool enough to set seats on the stage for Ronnie and us, and after the gig I thought it was important to let Ronnie and Jimmy have a dedicated discussion without interrupution, including from me...

You can imagine how hard it was to stifle myself from trying to talk to him after getting to enjoy Jimmy's return to the US in seats he provided us onstage... But I kept my mouth shut the entire night in Houston, and really didn't start talking to Jimmy at Ronnie's party until I got this "shout out" from the other side of the room......"Hey Mark - these are the best shots I've seen yet of the ARMS tour - can I get your phone number and address so I can get some copies for my archive? And I'm thinking, did Jimmy Page just compliment me and ask for my phone number?!?!? And sure enough, the phone rang a few weeks later with, "Hello Mark, It's Jimmy....!"

Needless to say, I didn't ask "Jimmy Who?"

So you can imagine, when he and Jimena asked me and my wife to go to the O2 with his family, well it just made for a point of intense reflection in the entire journey I've had with him, including the 20 Page Plant shows I got to see in 1995 and 1998, starting with this photo... The guy has just been incredible to me and my family for THREE decades now, and I can assure you he has been NO "Led Wallet" in my experience... I have to fight him "tool and nail" to pick up a check for dinner....

When I showed him this photo years later, he looked at it and said, "Wow Mark, not very many people have caught me that, uh....."relaxed"....in a photo...."

Thanks for many years of good times, Mr. James Patrick Page.....!

Photo: Mark Bowman Images

Jimmy-Page-Austin-March-1985-Ronnie-Lane-Party.jpg

The Firm - Austin, Texas March, 23, 1985 Photo: Mark Bowman Images

The-Firm-Austin-March-85-by-Mark-Bowman-Images.jpg

Official Website:

www.markbowmanimages.com

Official Artist Facebook Page:

http://www.facebook....200656080063765

A very candid and humorous photo. Do you remember when you took it?

Thanks for all the cool comments.....!

I edited the post to add a photo from the gig that night and the detail I'm going to provide, but here goes:

Jimmy Page at Ronnie Lane's party - La Mansion Hotel, Austin, Texas - after the gig on March 23, 1985 with The Firm....

It's the night we really got to talk for the first time and he was so complimentary of my photos that it made me red with humility.... It was the night he asked for my phone number and a friendship started from there.... The night this photo was taken, he sat down and really perused my photos both of the Dallas ARMS show, but also the photos I had taken onstage of him and The Firm in Houston two nights before on March 21, 1985... Jimmy was cool enough to set seats on the stage for Ronnie and us, and after the gig I thought it was important to let Ronnie and Jimmy have a dedicated discussion without interrupution, including from me...

You can imagine how hard it was to stifle myself from trying to talk to him after getting to enjoy Jimmy's return to the US in seats he provided us onstage... But I kept my mouth shut the entire night in Houston, and really didn't start talking to Jimmy at Ronnie's party until I got this "shout out" from the other side of the room......"Hey Mark - these are the best shots I've seen yet of the ARMS tour - can I get your phone number and address so I can get some copies for my archive? And I'm thinking, did Jimmy Page just compliment me and ask for my phone number?!?!? And sure enough, the phone rang a few weeks later with, "Hello Mark, It's Jimmy....!"

Needless to say, I didn't ask "Jimmy Who?"

So you can imagine, when he and Jimena asked me and my wife to go to the O2 with his family, well it just made for a point of intense reflection in the entire journey I've had with him, including the 20 Page Plant shows I got to see in 1995 and 1998, starting with this photo... The guy has just been incredible to me and my family for THREE decades now, and I can assure you he has been NO "Led Wallet" in my experience... I have to fight him "tool and nail" to pick up a check for dinner....

LONG LIVE JIMMY PAGE!

...Indeed, Long Live Jimmy Page, thank you Mark for sharing and celebrating this wonderful moment with the fans, he is very charming and charismatic to say the least...I wish I had experienced him the 80's, as I did in the 70's, it didn't took me too long to realize who I was, and what meaing Jimmy Page and his iconic vision Led Zeppelin had in my life...

That's an awesome photo and a great story to go with it. Thanks so much Mark.

As a side note, I've made kind of a life-long study of people's hands, and Jimmy's hands have always seemed very beautiful to me. They are very much the classic "maestro" hands...long and elegant, but with a lot of power, strength and grace. The strength is particularly interesting, because this is a person that has been very thin for much of his life. In this picture, you can see the very thick musculature between his thumb and forefinger. It's fascinating to me - sorry if I'm being a bit weird.

That's an awesome photo and a great story to go with it. Thanks so much Mark.

As a side note, I've made kind of a life-long study of people's hands, and Jimmy's hands have always seemed very beautiful to me. They are very much the classic "maestro" hands...long and elegant, but with a lot of power, strength and grace. The strength is particularly interesting, because this is a person that has been very thin for much of his life. In this picture, you can see the very thick musculature between his thumb and forefinger. It's fascinating to me - sorry if I'm being a bit weird.

Not weird! I always look at his hands too, always fascinating with musicians.The first pic really shows inside his mouth. Now that might be weirder!

Thanks for sharing your awesome pics Mark!

Archived