Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
tictac

Best Kashmir live version

On 8/30/2017 at 7:20 AM, John M said:

I have a question about 6-21-77.  First I will say that 5:53-6:02 is one of the defining moments of the tour for me.  And that Jimmy's ending guitar soloing is the best I ever heard on Kashmir.  My question - is 6:49 -6:51 Plant or someone near the taper?  It sounds like Plant but it does not seem like something he would do?  I don't recall ever hearing any thing like that on another version?

I have always wondered this as well. 

49 minutes ago, johnlennon696 said:

I've always thought it was Plant. Certainly sounds like him. It' a great spot.

Yes, sounds like Plant to me, however, whoever grabbed his dick to incite such a howl earned a gold star.

It is clear in the latter half of this song how potent that nights medication was. Plant once commented how pure the drugs were back then. He may well have been thinking of this particular night. They are just on another plane - even for them!

I know I am almost 4 years late to comment on this subject. Though what the heck. Led Zeppelin Kashmir with John Bonham is in my opinion much better than the 02 concert. Just do to the thunder that John brings that Jason doesn't. Some of the Tour over Europe versions are amazing as well. 

On 8/30/2017 at 4:20 AM, John M said:

I have a question about 6-21-77.  First I will say that 5:53-6:02 is one of the defining moments of the tour for me.  And that Jimmy's ending guitar soloing is the best I ever heard on Kashmir.  My question - is 6:49 -6:51 Plant or someone near the taper?  It sounds like Plant but it does not seem like something he would do?  I don't recall ever hearing any thing like that on another version?

Of course it's Plant. No question.