Celebration Day overdubs

Ofc, thats what LIVE music is all about. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone messes up, only that good musicians mess less and when they do, they handle it with grace!!! There is nothing wront with talking about it. There is a lot of musicians and we are curious about every such a thing... what they did, how they handled etc and want to discuss it. Its no bashing, its pure discusion. There is no big deal about it.

The weird part to me is they have the rehearsal where the part was executed correctly. We know that rehearsal was soundboard recorded, so for the dvd why not cut the mistake, paste in that exact portion from the rehearsal, and then jump back to the show proper when RP comes back with the vocals? If it was me doing the edits, that's what I would do, but hey Page's call is Page's call.

As for other overdubs, yeah similarly surprised by how they left in errors, like how RP messes up in the second chorus on GTBT, would have thought they'd patch in the rehearsal soundboard there too.

Ofc, thats what LIVE music is all about. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone messes up, only that good musicians mess less and when they do, they handle it with grace!!! There is nothing wront with talking about it. There is a lot of musicians and we are curious about every such a thing... what they did, how they handled etc and want to discuss it. Its no bashing, its pure discusion. There is no big deal about it.

Oh I understand, I am a musician myself, I just can't see the minor mistake in D&C being considered a "train wreck." A bit much on the hyperbole IMO.

• 1 year later...

1) missing Robert's "OH!" as Page begins his guitar solo with a nasty fill by Bonham during IMTOD

2) Use of pitch corrected note over non pitch corrected note during the vocal climax of TSRTS on word "Song" that one sticks out a bit.

3) Use of pitch corrected note over non pitch corrected note during the vocal "WAAAYY Down Inside" during WLL

4) Re-arranging of bass line in FYL to conceal a few bum notes by JPJ.

5) Re-arrangement of guitars in No Quarter to conceal a couple of missed entrances by Page, due to volume nob being turned down.

6) Re-arrangement of guitars in IMTOD to conceal a couple of missed entrances by Page

Compared to what though.. This is LZ's most productive studio event since LZ 1. This is much closer to a genuine live document than TSRTS and for the most part

the record sounds like a full fidelity version of the great O2 concert.

I realize the topic here, and the maybe 7 !?!? mistakes/corrections, etc., but it is funny how if you go back to even some great Zep

shows of the past, you can find a lot of mistakes, although not too many like the D&C one(they recover quickly, just like they did in the

past). But when the music is moving heaven and earth, power, excitement, and beauty erase marginal errors.

• 2 weeks later...

1) missing Robert's "OH!" as Page begins his guitar solo with a nasty fill by Bonham during IMTOD

2) Use of pitch corrected note over non pitch corrected note during the vocal climax of TSRTS on word "Song" that one sticks out a bit.

3) Use of pitch corrected note over non pitch corrected note during the vocal "WAAAYY Down Inside" during WLL

4) Re-arranging of bass line in FYL to conceal a few bum notes by JPJ.

5) Re-arrangement of guitars in No Quarter to conceal a couple of missed entrances by Page, due to volume nob being turned down.

6) Re-arrangement of guitars in IMTOD to conceal a couple of missed entrances by Page

Compared to what though.. This is LZ's most productive studio event since LZ 1. This is much closer to a genuine live document than TSRTS and for the most part

the record sounds like a full fidelity version of the great O2 concert.

Nice work!

And I agree with your conclusion.

Archived