Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
augustus

Best song off Houses of the Holy

494 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite song on Houses of the Holy?

• The Song Remains the Same
    • The Rain Song
    • Over the Hills and Far Away
    • The Crunge
    • Dancing Days
    • D'yer Mak'er
    • No Quarter
    • The Ocean

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

186 posts in this topic

For me it is The Ocean. The guitar solo, Robert's sing, the phone ringing, the stunning bass line and general joyous mayhem is one of the most beautiful and important things humans have created.

Edited by augustus

Yeah, me too I love the Ocean, I'm hearing it about ten times a day, but it isn't played very often, that's stupid :angry:

The Rain Song is awesome.

Come on, "it's just a little rain".

For me...this may be the toughest album to pick a favorite from. I went with "The Rain Song." I love the lyrics and the overall musical attitude. The closing guitar is amazing and always stops me dead in my tracks.

That was a toss up between The Ocean and No Quarter

NQ got my vote, due to all of the different elements contained within the framework of the cut.

They mesh perfectly into a mezmerizing sonic stew!!

Edited by pimmyjage

I voted "Over the Hills and Far Away," but it comes to a close tie with "The Ocean"...

I voted "Over the Hills and Far Away," but it comes to a close tie with "The Ocean"...

Im with you on this. Over the Hills and Far Away for me by far. Then Dyar Maker and Dancing Days

Another difficult album to choose a favorite. I have to go with Over the Hills and Far Away, although The Ocean and TSRTS are the others I considered. The Rain Song is beautiful I love that song but it's not my fav off HOTH. I can listen to OTHAFA all day I love the opening acoustic guitar it's so pretty. Plant's lyrics are some my favorite..... and I really like Jimmy's riff and solo. I think it was great how they faded out the song with Plant singing "you really ought to know, know, know" and then it gently fades back in with the ending notes. Just a great song!

It's definitely No Quarter for me. One of my favorite Zep songs of all time. Can't really describe why...just has always really appealed.

No Quarter or OTHAFA. No Quarter is one of those mind-blowing balls-out complete experiences, and OTHAFA is just such a nice little song...I love to sing along with it!

For me it's Dancing Days, it seemed to be the most "Modern" sounding Song. Maybe because i heard the Stone Temple Pilots version before i heard Zep Original. But i tell what i don't actually like listening to any of the songs on the actually album, i think they are all better "Live", but then again which Zep Song Isn't.

You asked 2 questions: Best song and then favorite song.

Best song - The Rain Song.

Favorite Song - No Quarter, although I prefer live versions.

You asked 2 questions: Best song and then favorite song.

Best song - The Rain Song.

Favorite Song - No Quarter, although I prefer live versions.

I never noticed that until you pointed that out. Either way for me it's still Over the Hills and Far Away followed by The Ocean and The Song Remains the Same

Edited by achilleslaststand77

Im with you on this. Over the Hills and Far Away for me by far. Then Dyar Maker and Dancing Days

I have to agree on this one, too. Best song, "Over the Hill", then "Dyar Maker" and "Dancing Days"!!

I VOTED RAIN SONG BUT ITS FUNNY TO READ EVERYONE ELSES REPLIES CUZ IN THE END WERE ALL RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA

The Rain Song; 'I felt the coldness of my winter, I never thought it would ever go' is really a strong lyrical line, and the instrumentals in the song are lovely; they transport me to a gentler place.

The best in my opinion is The Rain Song but I also love D'yer Mak'er because it's such a cheerful song.