Congratulations to Rory McIlroy on winning the Open Championship yesterday, he really played a beautiful 4 rounds of golf.

Still cant believe the weather wasn't a factor at all during the tourney.

I heard an interesting stat yesterday....Rory is only the third golfer in history to win three out of four majors by the age of 25. The other two - Jack Nicklaus (age 23) and Tiger Woods (age 24)...not bad company.

Still cant believe the weather wasn't a factor at all during the tourney.

Benign conditions for the 4 days. Vary rarely seen on a seaside links. But that has been a feature of the weather this summer. Hardly any windy conditions. I will bet you though, it will not be like that at Gleneagles in September for the Ryder Cup !!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

The Golden Bear got a hole in one today...at age 80, I do believe.

Awwww, that is cool.

Hard to believe we are 15 years removed from Tiger's run of domination in the years 2000-2001. Can he ever get the mojo back?

Yes he did and it was actually his first hole in one ever at Augusta - which boggles the mind, after all of the success he's had there. Is Jack really 80?

Haven't seen an early leaderboard at all - taping the round when it comes on ESPN at 3.

The "usuals" who play well at Augusta:

Rory

Kuchar

Bubba

and Jordan Spieth - played well there last year and is playing about the best on tour.

Dark horses (if there are any):

Sergio

Freddy Couples

Looking forward to it tonight - the course looked fantastic yesterday!

I googled him and he's 75, same age as my father-in-law, who used to play against him. Believe me, it's just as amazing but I hoped Jack hadn't gotten that old that quick. Glad he still participates in the opening tournament threesome and also the par 3 tourney - which is where he made the hole in one.

His grandson is FSU tight end Nick O'Leary. Could be a huge month for the family with this and Nick being drafted into the NFL later this month!

Forgot to comment on what an extraordinary round of golf Jordan Spieth played today! Simply amazing to watch a 21 year old do that to Augusta National. The kid is the real deal!

Next rivalry, Rory vs Jordan! :yesnod:

Cracking first round. I am a big fan of Justin Rose. He is an honest guy who enjoys his game and it shows on the course. Spieth was on fire and it confirms my picks. It will be tough for him - being only 21 to play consistently for the remaining 3 days.Tiger looked a bit ragged at times. He did some really weird body movements when striking the ball. I fear he will meltdown and his driving is a major concern.

Anyone's to win and will see as the next few days unfold. Anyway here's an uptempo ditty to give you an idea who I'll be following?

https://youtu.be/rTfyUqVqX-0

Jordan Spieth sets the 54-hole mark for Augusta National, with a score of 200 (-16), and has a 5 shot lead. Justin Rose (-12) and Phil Mickelson (-11) are the closest followers.

Sh!t, so much for my math skills after partying all night - it's only a 4 shot lead....:bagoverhead: