One of my current projects here at work is developing a virtual 360° photo tour of our course here on Base.

It's designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. and considered one of the best golf courses in the Army.

As soon as I get it finished, I'll post a link here to see it, it's a really beautiful course.

Here's the site.

index_image3_533pxw.jpg

very cool...RTJ Sr. is one of the greatest designers ever. Look forward to it...cheers

Funny it's a while since I looked at the tour. Oh yes it certainly is a beauty and on a benign sunny day it's fantastic to view the vista. Puts you off from time to time. It is reckoned to be one of the toughest around here - but I would say that. Thanks for the comments.

The last 3 holes are meant to be the toughest finish to a course you will find and off the back tees it is. You need to be straight and long off the tee and we only have 1 flat green on the course - the 14th. A great hole that can wreck a card with the pond in front of the green, it's been the downfall of many. But on a quiet day you can replenish your ball stash in the many that's in there. A mate fished out 90 balls once in the winter - funny how most of them weren't quality spheres!!

Can't wait for the season to start as I've been playing really well. Mrs CP is also a mean golfer and like a lot of women she is dead straight off the tee - long too. I will be keeping a record on here of my scores over the season, so lets drive straight, putt well and keep them bogeys off the card or doubles !!

Hey great idea!....Let's all try to get better and post the scores. And if anyone gets a hole-in-one, you have to send out a virtual ale to everyone lol.......

Really excited about The Masters coming up. I look forward to discussing the first major with this golf group. And hey, we have not have any fights on this thread yet! Thta may be a record lol...cheers y'all

CP, Babs,

I would love to see Ian Poulter do it. I think that after that unbelievable playing/putting exhibition at the Ryder he is my man this year. Love him!.........

....of course if Mike Weir, Graham Deleat, David Hearn, or any other Canuck won I would be happy with that too.

It`s tough to get a good fight going in golf talk CP!..

.maybe once we find out what palyers are gun owners and which ones are not will lead to more arguing and name calling amongst us..... lol

...cheers

Mrs CP is also a mean golfer and like a lot of women she is dead straight off the tee - long too.

Why, whatever do you mean, CP? Does she yell at the ball? Does she break putters over her knee? Does she thrash her drivers and irons within an inch of their lives and hurl them in disgust? Does she run over lollygaggers in her golf cart?

If I played golf, the one course I would want to play would be Pebble Beach.

I imagine Boo Weekly owns a gun or 2 ......

Poulter is great but I think in Ryder cup format he really shines.

Graham McDowell's playing well.

Is Sandy Lyle in the Field this year?

I live in Augusta, Georgia, so you all know what that means.

The Masters® Tournament.

Actually, I should have said, I live in Augusta, Georgia - Home of The Masters®. LOL

So every year for the Masters®, a different golfer is invited to do a clinic / meet & greet with the soldiers.

As the photographer, I get to meet them, so it's pretty cool.

I've got a signed hat from Boo Weekly (orange camo, LOL).

He came out to the base during Masters® 2009.

Nice guy.

post-4573-0-35965100-1363919966_thumb.jp

Also a signed ball from 2-time Masters Champion Ben Crenshaw.

post-4573-0-50327100-1363919972_thumb.jp

And I have a signed photo of Fuzzy Zoeller from a couple years ago, but it's at my desk.

I live in Augusta, Georgia, so you all know what that means.

The Masters® Tournament.

Actually, I should have said, I live in Augusta, Georgia - Home of The Masters®. LOL

So every year for the Masters®, a different golfer is invited to do a clinic / meet & greet with the soldiers.

As the photographer, I get to meet them, so it's pretty cool.

I've got a signed hat from Boo Weekly (orange camo, LOL).

He came out to the base during Masters® 2009.

Nice guy.

IMG_1956.JPG

Also a signed ball from 2-time Masters Champion Ben Crenshaw.

IMG_1957.JPG

And I have a signed photo of Fuzzy Zoeller from a couple years ago, but it's at my desk.

One of my favorite memories was when Crenshaw won the masters on the same weekend as Harvey Penick passed away. Ben was a student of Harvey's(or more like a father son thing) and when he drained the birdie on the 18 hole for the win and collapsed in tears well... I think we all had tear's in our eyes that day. Or maybe it was the sunlight.... Good stuff. Fuzzy is great too.

Type O you are so fortunate to live near Augusta National (trademark) great course . Magnolia Lane. Amen Corner Sandy Lyle .......

It will be a great tourney this year what with Woods playing so well

I have been playing for 4 years now. Kick meself for not taking it up earlier but I probably wouldn't have got on, being a long hair then. Started on 26 and and now play off 14 and hope to get down to 10 this summer.

Our season should have started this Saturday but I reckon the snow, which is forecast tomorrow,will pay for that.

Here is the link to my home course. It is a 20 minute cycle ride from the house.

www.chapelgolf.co.uk

Alice Cooper manages to play a round with relatively long hair

One of my favorite memories was when Crenshaw won the masters on the same weekend as Harvey Penick passed away. Ben was a student of Harvey's(or more like a father son thing) and when he drained the birdie on the 18 hole for the win and collapsed in tears well... I think we all had tear's in our eyes that day. Or maybe it was the sunlight.... Good stuff. Fuzzy is great too.

Type O you are so fortunate to live near Augusta National (trademark) great course . Magnolia Lane. Amen Corner Sandy Lyle .......

It will be a great tourney this year what with Woods playing so well

Hey Babs, was that the "famous rainbow" scene?...I seem to remember seeing a clip of him in tears with a rainbow in the back drop.....scratching head now.........

Why, whatever do you mean, CP? Does she yell at the ball? Does she break putters over her knee? Does she thrash her drivers and irons within an inch of their lives and hurl them in disgust? Does she run over lollygaggers in her golf cart?

If I played golf, the one course I would want to play would be Pebble Beach.

Ha great stuff man. I have never heard Mrs CP get angry over golf. She hits the ball too well to get angry. Now if you asked me......... :mad:

Yeah I would love to see Ian Poulter win the masters. Rory's having a bad time of late. And we all know that Golf is a confidence game. Only time will tell if he made a mistake changing clubs. Of course his wallet dosen't see it like that?

Tigers looking good at the moment too.

I will be taking a closer look at the Masters nearer the time. Maybe have a small comp ourselves. Winner gets a virtual bottle of whatever floats your boat?

Latest news: Stupidist e-mail of the day prize goes to our club Secretary who has just e mailed everyone to say " Due to the 8 inches of snow today and the impending 6 inches forecast tomorrow, Saturdays Captain's drive in is cancelled" No Shit?

^^

Lol. I wonder how many meetings were held to decide that!

A masters comp would be fun.

I see Justin Rose was the overnight leader at Bay Hill . God Bless 'im. Certainly a good warmup for the masters is Bay Hill

I could never understand why people get so wound up over this game. And it is a game, not a sport IMO. My late uncle had golf clubs on his license plate. My cousin who is a minister in Florida is another golf fanatic. I personally can't stand it. I think its because a few hot shots that I used to work for at the local government were so into it. A bunch of arrogant pricks that would screw their own mother to get ahead. The more people on the golf course the better. That keeps them off the water which I love.

I could never understand why people get so wound up over this game. And it is a game, not a sport IMO. My late uncle had golf clubs on his license plate. My cousin who is a minister in Florida is another golf fanatic. I personally can't stand it. I think its because a few hot shots that I used to work for at the local government were so into it. A bunch of arrogant pricks that would screw their own mother to get ahead. The more people on the golf course the better. That keeps them off the water which I love.

We don't get "wound up". we enjoy the challange.

This is a golf thread for people who love THE SPORT. We know you can't stand it. Keep to your footy or betting and leave us alone.

Drivers: There is a smorgasboard of choice of the beasts off the tee. What's in your bag?

I am currently using a Ping K15 12. degree. Love this baby and it treats me well. I was using an old Taylor Made R5 9.5 until it died. the Ping flies pretty straight and has a slight off set face - I never slice the ball but it does encourage that draw. I never use fairway woods or utility/rescue clubs. Strictly Iron play for me. I am using Wilson Irons. Purely because they are the first set I ever bought. Love em too. An old lob wedge and a "Yes" putter completes the bag. Titleist Pro V for comps, Srixon AD333 for general play are the balls of chpice

Next season if all goes well I may treat myself to a custom fitting set of Pings - but nearly a grand I will need to up my work load. Mrs CP also uses a Ping off the tee and Wilson Staff Fybrids