2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Heading out to play one of my favorite courses today.   http://pinevalleygolfcc.com/

And bringing along my new Taylor made Aero-burner driver !   B)

Have a great day BM. Ping man myself. Had the same driver for 5 years and would never dream of getting rid of it.I will have a butchers at the course in a min.

Francesco's final round at The Open? That is how to play links golf.

Course looks a fine Parkland track BM. Good value too.

Here is a link to my home course; http://www.chapelgolf.co.uk

Edited by chillumpuffer

21 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Have a great day BM. Ping man myself. Had the same driver for 5 years and would never dream of getting rid of it.I will have a butchers at the course in a min.

Francesco's final round at The Open? That is how to play links golf.

Course looks a fine Parkland track BM. Good value too.

Here is a link to my home course; http://www.chapelgolf.co.uk

Thanks !  Paid $10 bucks less than advertised.  I'm getting the senior discount these days without asking.  :wacko:    When it comes to a 580 yard par 5, the odds of me hitting 4 good shots in a row are pretty slim.  I've got a Ping putter I've used for years.  My irons are a set of Lynx Predators I bought used, so I'm looking to replace those this Winter too.  All in due time as money allows.  FORE !!

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Putting over frost with long-johns.  If this keeps up I'm going to have to buy a box of those pink ladies balls to see in the snow.

Priceless BM. I teed off at 9.00am this morning IN THE SNOW too. Only a dusting but so many guys looking on the fairway for balls was hilarious. I putted up to the hole and the ball was 4 times bigger than when it left the putter head :huh:

Not a winter golfer me.

21 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Priceless BM. I teed off at 9.00am this morning IN THE SNOW too. Only a dusting but so many guys looking on the fairway for balls was hilarious. I putted up to the hole and the ball was 4 times bigger than when it left the putter head :huh:

Not a winter golfer me.

Ha Ha....glad I'm not alone.  Funny thing is I seem to golf well in the cold.  Only thing I can figure is that the 4 layers on top is keeping my torso from moving.  Also haven't paid more than $22 bucks for 18 the last month.  I can handle the cold but the wind sucks.

19 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

Ha Ha....glad I'm not alone.  Funny thing is I seem to golf well in the cold.  Only thing I can figure is that the 4 layers on top is keeping my torso from moving.  Also haven't paid more than $22 bucks for 18 the last month.  I can handle the cold but the wind sucks.

I'm a fully paid member at my club. £800 crisp notes a year for unlimited swing action. I don't play well in the cold OR wet. I can handle the wind. Our course is in 2 valleys so it can be breezy. Links courses? Forget it.

I hate having tons of layers on. I just can't seem to get my swing going. Can't see me playing much now. At this time of year we look down to Spain or Portugal for rounds.

• 4 months later...

A Dink a dink.  Two shots in the drink !  Tiger is humbled.

Had to love Nick Faldo's facial reactions yesterday to the PGA guy explaining the two stroke equipment violation penalty given to Harold Varner.  Golf sure has some funky rules.  

13 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

A Dink a dink.  Two shots in the drink !  Tiger is humbled.

Had to love Nick Faldo's facial reactions yesterday to the PGA guy explaining the two stroke equipment violation penalty given to Harold Varner.  Golf sure has some funky rules.  

Daft you mean?

• 5 weeks later...

Well then, Tiger's back (there's a pun in there somewhere), what a great win.  I watched the last two days undisturbed in my "man cave", after the win I went through to the living room to tell my wife he'd won only to find she'd watched the last half a dozen holes so she already knew. I wonder if a few whacks with a golf club from his ex missus when she discovered his indiscretions  had anything to do with his low years. Now let's see if he can keep it up.

15 hours ago, JTM said:

Well then, Tiger's back (there's a pun in there somewhere), what a great win.  I watched the last two days undisturbed in my "man cave", after the win I went through to the living room to tell my wife he'd won only to find she'd watched the last half a dozen holes so she already knew. I wonder if a few whacks with a golf club from his ex missus when she discovered his indiscretions  had anything to do with his low years. Now let's see if he can keep it up.

Yes, I was glued on Sunday as well.  Luckily, being much earlier in the day, I was able to watch it in peace and focus on the greatness of Augusta and of the moment.  Memorable as Jack’s run back in ‘86.

7 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

:bravo:Yeah well done Tiger. I missed all of it as I was playing for the club in Warrington. I wasn't at all surprised as he has been playing well. He also plays Links courses well so I will tip him for the Open in Northern Ireland this summer.

Even if his body breaks down again and he doesn’t accomplish anything else, it was a great testament to what will and desire can achieve. I don’t expect anything else, but will welcome it - especially at Pebble in June!

6 hours ago, redrum said:

Old Tiger Beats Young Cubs. That was great to see.

Yes it was! The 12th alone was worth the price of admission. Amazing.

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Forgive my ignorance man but who is this guy?

Pro Basketball Hall of Famer.  Good friend of my father-in-law's too. He isn't responsible for that atrocious swing though.... :lol:  

• 2 months later...
41 minutes ago, JTM said:

Oh dear, favourite Rory McIlroy has dropped four shots, on the FIRST hole of the British Open, this year at Royal Portrush NI,

Yeah I see he’s now +5....what’s the forecast over there the next few days?  Course looks like it’s in great shape!

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Yeah I see he’s now +5....what’s the forecast over there the next few days?  Course looks like it’s in great shape!

Not sure about the weather over there in Northern Ireland, I think it's the first time sine the early 1950's the tournament has been played over there. I've not seen any TV coverage yet, it's on Sky Sports, I'm not a subscriber, highlights are on The BBC at 8pm. All I've got at the mo is BBC online text reports.

22 hours ago, Walter said:

Mixed forecast Chuck. As Crowded House sang "4 Seasons in one day". £220 a round should you wish to play the course !! Oh and £50 worth of balls. 

I was doing well in my Fantasy league for the Open but not as well now. There are 15 of us in our league and am currently 6th. I was 1st after the first round but things change like Ireland's son Shane. What a tourney he is having! Who would have thought Rory would have a self implosion from the very first hole. Stranger being in home territory for him! Just crazy. Impossible to bet on this game! Doing well this year with three wins in last eight weeks which puts me on the plus side for the year. Any win or dollars I get for remainder of season thru FedEX (1st or 2nd for our tourneys) will be a plus as I can't wind up in negative territory! That's always good.

16 minutes ago, Walter said:

5 to go with a 4 shot lead...Lowry is looking good - especially since Fleetwood can’t put anything together! 

Just got in from my Monthly Medal. Shot 73 so quite happy. In better conditions than in NI.

Lowry's to lose I think. Would love Tommy to do it as he is a (relatively) local lad. Nervous times. But I think it's Shanes

10 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Just got in from my Monthly Medal. Shot 73 so quite happy. In better conditions than in NI.

Lowry's to lose I think. Would love Tommy to do it as he is a (relatively) local lad. Nervous times. But I think it's Shanes

Yeah it’s over unless something apocalyptic were to happen to Lowry.

Congrats on the 73! Nice round.

Edited by Walter