Ok, I am tentatively dipping my toe into a sports thread.

Good lord...

I have played golf a couple times, and got my ass handed to me. Not sure if I will ever swallow my pride enough to try it again.

But, I did get a bit of an urge after watching Sergio Garcia and of course, Tiger. Take your shots, but I love watching Tiger Woods.

Ok, I am tentatively dipping my toe into a sports thread.

Good lord...

I have played golf a couple times, and got my ass handed to me. Not sure if I will ever swallow my pride enough to try it again.

But, I did get a bit of an urge after watching Sergio Garcia and of course, Tiger. Take your shots, but I love watching Tiger Woods.

all right! .....Guys!!!!! A female!......Planted, seriously it's great to have you here no matter what. Anything golf goes whether it be Strider's score of 18 at his local mini-putt to someone eventually telling us about their game at St. Andrews.......please feel free to take a peek and drop by. We're gonna be holding a virtual Masters pool eventually and it would be great to have you involved. Won't cost a thing but of course the top prize won;t be real either....cheers, see ya on the links, Fishy

Edited by fishhead

all right! .....Guys!!!!! A female!......Planted, seriously it's great to have you here no matter what. Anything golf goes whether it be Strider's score of 18 at his local mini-putt to someone eventually telling us about their game at St. Andrews.......please feel free to take a peek and drop by. We're gonna be holding a virtual Masters pool eventually and it would be great to have you involved. Won't cost a thing but of course the top prize won;t be real either....cheers, see ya on the links, Fishy

No! Don't call attention fer chrissake! Haha

Hmmm, maybe this is another gentle push towards playing..

:)

No! Don't call attention fer chrissake! Haha

Hmmm, maybe this is another gentle push towards playing..

:)

lol...sorry i could not help it.

I have cancelled the parade....

hope to see you in these parts planted. ciao

Welcome Planted. Mrs CP plays. She started the same time as me,around 4 years ago. She found it tough at first (who dosen't?) and now she hits the ball really well and loves the sport. If you get some lessons on the basics and practice it really is fulfilling and regardless of the rhetoric about a good walk ruined etc, once you get bitten by the bug it really bites.

Congrats to Tiger. Taking over the No1 spot is what hard work and dedication takes you. I don't dislike the man, like many golfers I know. He changed his swing and it is paying dividens. Although he won yesterday it was on his all time favourite course and he knows the track like a home course. You really have to fancy his chances for The Masters although he still needs to watch his wayward driving - remember Rory last year?

Snow still falling here which I reckon pulls the plug on all the Easter comps we have this weekend. To be honest love the sport as I do, I would not like to tee off in a wind chill factor of -5 !

MASTERS GOLF POOL

Ok, the committee has met and has determined how the Masters Pool is to be run...this is easy for all involved. All you have to do is...

1) pick 5 golfers that you think are going to do well in the tournament and more importantly, make the cut. (Tiger is not eligible because everyone will pick him, especially now, so he is out....)

2) pick one guy from the bottom 10 of last years final day. (I have attached the link to last years final round/final overall standings below).

3) Your 6 players must make the cut. If one of the players fails to do so, you are out of the tourney. (NO GOLF FOR YOU!...as said by the Soup Nazi)

4) The forum member who has all 6 players in the final day with the combined lowest total score wins the pool!

5) Picks must be sent to Fishy, no later than the day before the tourney officially starts.

What do you win...Well, you win a virtual case of beer along with an imaginary $1,000,000.

Send me your picks via private message and I will set it up. I may even see if I can use an on-line golf pool thingy. Hope you will join in for a little fun....cheers Fishy

link to last years final round- (I may have to expand the bottom 10, if some of them are not even in this years tourney. I will get on this asap)

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/leaderboard/2012/15

2013 Masters Line Up (as of March 18th)

http://www.masters.com/pdf/2013_Masters_Tournament_Invitees.pdf

Edited by fishhead

Why do you ask Kev?

Glad you asked,.... ;)

I did some caddy work as a kid,good money in those days(lived near a golf course) this was before carts and a $1 tip for lugging a few bags of clubs was good scratch!

Later my mates took up the game and I took up the caddying again.All for beer.Other than looking for lost balls,if Rich or Steve made a horrible shot it was ducking flying clubs! :ahhh::hysterical:

I didn't know golf was a contact sport! LOL!

Kev

The master pool sounds great! When is the deadline to enter Rich. I have a very advanced mathematical equation that also requires an intense sweat lodge ritual.

Deadline is the day before the tourney starts Babs...good call. I will add to the instructions...cheers

Are any of those "bottom ten" players even eligible to play this years Masters?

Good point, I will have to maybe expand that list after I see who is eli

Are any of those "bottom ten" players even eligible to play this years Masters?

Edited by fishhead

Welcome Planted. Mrs CP plays. She started the same time as me,around 4 years ago. She found it tough at first (who dosen't?) and now she hits the ball really well and loves the sport. If you get some lessons on the basics and practice it really is fulfilling and regardless of the rhetoric about a good walk ruined etc, once you get bitten by the bug it really bites.

Congrats to Tiger. Taking over the No1 spot is what hard work and dedication takes you. I don't dislike the man, like many golfers I know. He changed his swing and it is paying dividens. Although he won yesterday it was on his all time favourite course and he knows the track like a home course. You really have to fancy his chances for The Masters although he still needs to watch his wayward driving - remember Rory last year?

Snow still falling here which I reckon pulls the plug on all the Easter comps we have this weekend. To be honest love the sport as I do, I would not like to tee off in a wind chill factor of -5 !

Thanks for the encouraging words, CP. My hubby has a hole in one in his back pocket already, so I've got some tough competition. He's not very patient, so I'd be on my own. My Dad is a really good golfer, but he's only up from Florida for the summer, so time is short with him. He's is a teacher in life, so he's great to learn from.

I love The Masters! I cry every year! It's such a humbling sport, and to watch the green jacket ceremony...Aaccckkk! I'm welling up right now.

Yeah, if this f***** weather doesn't break soon!

Be well. :)

For me the Masters and The Open Championship are my favorites, followed by the U.S. Open and then PGA Championship. The Players Championship is like a major also and I've played a million rounds at Sawgrass on video games over the years.

Thanks for the encouraging words, CP. My hubby has a hole in one in his back pocket already, so I've got some tough competition. He's not very patient, so I'd be on my own. My Dad is a really good golfer, but he's only up from Florida for the summer, so time is short with him. He's is a teacher in life, so he's great to learn from.

I love The Masters! I cry every year! It's such a humbling sport, and to watch the green jacket ceremony...Aaccckkk! I'm welling up right now.

Yeah, if this f***** weather doesn't break soon!

Be well. :)

Hope to see your picks for the Masters Pool planted. Maybe the tears you shed this year will be when you win the whole thing.....