Jimmy attended London International Ska Festival on 23/03/2013

kenog

From Peter Makowski-Wordsmith Facebook page regarding Jimmy at the London Int's Ska Festival on Saturday, 23/03/2103
"Great evening tonight which started off at the South Kensington and a fabulous walk through the magical tunnel that takes you from the station into the equally fabulous Victoria and Albert Museum.Once there I negotiated my way through the MASSIVE queue of people who were there to catch the sold out David Bowie (Official)owie exhibition to I made my way the Event 1 of 12: London Intl Ska Festival @... The V&A - The Legacy of the Blues Dance which was easy to find thanks to the Heavy,Heavy Sounds of the Huge Sound System and fabulous music being played by my favourite reggae DJ Steve Rice.Also had a suprise reunion with my dear friend of many years and late nights Andre Bell and his beautiful other 'half.What could follow that,you may well ask.
Well how about a mind blowing set from one of my nu fave bands Du Bellows at the Archangel accompanied Tony 'Sound'n'Pressure' Cummins and Mr Jimmy Pagewho was well impressed by the magickal chemistry of this exciting eclectic/ephemeral quintet who for me conjure up many diverse influence all of them very pleasant indeed.

:hysterical:

Peter has said that he is writing a book on his many years as a rock journo. Questionable as to how much coverage he will devote to his great mate due to respecting privacy.

By the way, Scarlet Page has finally given in, and started using twitter @scarletp. She appears to be working on an exhibition for the Teenage Cancer Trust.

Cookie,

Thanks for the additional info and photos. :)

Here's a couple of photos of Jimmy at the Du Bellows gig. They're a really nice group people, shared some my updates over at @LedZepNews.

Ross Halfin is promoting Peter's Facebook page over at his Twitter account and hinting at future posts.

Here's a couple of photos of Jimmy at the Du Bellows gig. They're a really nice group people, shared some my updates over at @LedZepNews.

Ross Halfin is promoting Peter's Facebook page over at his Twitter account and hinting at future posts.

They all look sick except Jimmy.

Hi Cookie,

Thanks for bringing this to the board! Maybe the Mensch family is here for Easter. Even better still, if Peter Mensch was here to work on important announcements regarding his client. I wondered if they used Jimmy's private RAH box?

Jimmy was at the Royal Albert Hall tonight with Peter and Louise Mensch.

Royal ALbert Hall Events For Friday March 29, 2013...

...http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/default.aspx

The Foals Concert March 28, 2013...

http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/default.aspx

Here is the aricle they attended RAH.....**Music Student ...The Foals are listed RAH Events Mar. 28, 2013...

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/music-students-dazzled-by-the-louise-and-peter-mensch-show-at-the-albert-hall-8553811.html

**Edited for Clarity...

...Here is earlier Concert Photo RAH Mar. 28, 2013...audience shot only..

Link:

http://efterklang.net/home/photos/

Hi Cookie,

Thanks for bringing this to the board! Maybe the Mensch family is here for Easter. Even better still, if Peter Mensch was here to work on important announcements regarding his client. I wondered if they used Jimmy's private RAH box?

Yeah Louise was tweeting about it all day. Apparently they had a box near the stage.

^ Agreed.

Thanks Cookie and PlanetPage for your diligent research work!!! :)

+1 Thank you to everyone for all of the updates! The last fan picture, especially, is fantastic - genuine smiles on both faces.

I tweeted some of the photos and facts from this thread at my special Led Zeppelin account and Louise Mensch and Warner Music shared them. Was cool to be a semi-official news source for a night.

Cookie, I didn't know you ran that account - it's one of the few reasons I'm on Twitter! How cool to have your research recognized. :)

SAJ,

I found the whole concept of him being interviewed by his wife to be 'toe-curlingly' embarrassing. I don't know how JPP could spend five minutes in their company, let alone an evening at the RAH. There have been so many times when I have thought that Jimmy is a very tolerant, patient person. ;)

Peter comes across as a braggart in that article.

Cookie,

Like Lightandshade, I did not realise that you had an LZ account on Twitter. Well done to you that these people have picked up on your efforts! Is your account the @LedZepNews one?

I tweeted some of the photos and facts from this thread at my special Led Zeppelin account and Louise Mensch and Warner Music shared them. Was cool to be a semi-official news source for a night.

Hi both, yep I run @LedZepNews. I started it on the evening of the Jimmy Page: In Conversation program. I work in social media and using the internet etc, and realised that I could get news about Led Zeppelin out a LOT faster than other sources. Because I'm not linking to a blog, website, or magazine, I try and get all the info out to fans as I get it. Been really surprised how much people enjoy it, so thanks guys for your kind words :)

Cookie,

Like Lightandshade, I did not realise that you had an LZ account on Twitter. Well done to you that these people have picked up on your efforts! Is your account the @LedZepNews one?

Cookie, I didn't know you ran that account - it's one of the few reasons I'm on Twitter! How cool to have your research recognized. :)

...Hi all; Cookie0024, thanks for the update, and bringing to our attention Ledzepnews, that is so great and kind of you; Kenog, thanks for your dedication for all of your very timley updates as always here at the Official Site...

... it looks like Jimmy for sometime now, is out and about to see or promote the young upcoming bands through his management and select few from his inner circle..

here is background link of how the students were chosen, in case anyone is interested...

http://www.pointblankonline.net/blog/royal-albert-hall-exclusive-offer/

Cookie,

Thanks so much for this up to date info - you really are an invaluable contributor here. I think it was very decent of Louise Mensch to 'keep you in the loop'.

Jimmy Page flew to New York yesterday to celebrate Peter Mensch's sixtieth birthday. Brian Jones of AC/DC flew in too. Thanks to Louise Mensch who let me know.

Archived