The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

5 hours ago, Strider said:

I need to stop going to the beach. Every time I go, someone dies.

Rest in Peace Robert Vaughn 'Napoleon Solo'.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-15579361

Awww....don't say that! I know how much you love going to the beach in your spare time! :console: 

Hopefully, 2017 will be a much better year. 

On 11/7/2016 at 7:06 PM, TypeO said:

Rest In Peace to my 24 year-old nephew Sean, of an overdose. On my way to be with my brother and his family at this terribly difficult time.

IMG_6445.JPG

Hi TypeO,

I saw your post yesterday and I wanted to reply, but words failed me as I was so shocked and saddened by the tragedy that you and your family are going through. I hope your brother and his family get the comfort and solace they need at this difficult time! Family (both immediate and extended) are so important during times like these, to have a strong support system!

Like the old saying goes :  ee473446133907f7faba731fb2d09ee3.jpg

My deepest sympathies and condolences to you and your family, TypeO! Sending positive vibes and thoughts your way. 

On 11/13/2016 at 6:46 AM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Hi TypeO,

I saw your post yesterday and I wanted to reply, but words failed me as I was so shocked and saddened by the tragedy that you and your family are going through. I hope your brother and his family get the comfort and solace they need at this difficult time! Family (both immediate and extended) are so important during times like these, to have a strong support system!

Like the old saying goes :  ee473446133907f7faba731fb2d09ee3.jpg

My deepest sympathies and condolences to you and your family, TypeO! Sending positive vibes and thoughts your way. 

Thank you so much. It's been a blur, but we're making it.

On 11/13/2016 at 0:21 PM, Wally Hood said:

Jesus Christ. Jesus fucking Christ. I really, really hate 2016.

First, there is the news of Leon Russell passing.

6357576.jpeg

Not only was Leon a songwriter of incredible magnitude (A Song for You, This Masquerade, Hummingbird, Superstar, and hundreds of others), but he was part of two historic bands. The T.A.M.I. Show band in 1964 and Joe Cocker's Mad Dogs & Englishmen tour in 1970.

Just an unreal talent...and nobody rocked a top hat like him. Not Marc Bolan, not Slash.

As if the day wasn't bad enough, I get hit with the news that Billy Miller of the fabulous Norton Records has also passed away after health complications stemming from Multiple Myeloma. Billy and his love Miriam were truly passionate about rock 'n' roll and it showed in the records they put out and his great magazine Kicks. Rest in peace to both gentlemen.

http://blurtonline.com/news/norton-recs-billy-miller-r-p/

Dust_and_Grooves_6172-2.jpg

Edited by Strider

Yep this year started off with a dreadful bang . Man , in one years time , that's two great keyboardists that bought the farm  - Ian McLagan and Leon Russell , both showmen to the max. Leons death to me was an early morning gut punch , what a way to start a day.

Hell... im still reeling over Lemmy and Phils demise , it was 11-11-15  when Phil died (dunno how i remember that date, but in Dec. Mac and then Lemmy followed)  my how time flies  when you're standing in line/queue.

On 11/11/2016 at 8:48 PM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Awww....don't say that! I know how much you love going to the beach in your spare time! :console: 

Hopefully, 2017 will be a much better year. 

1 hour ago, ebk said:

RIP Sharon Jones.  I'm crushed.

See...it happened again!

Gutted by this news. She was a trouper. Outstanding soul singer and a helluva showwoman. Blew away Hall & Oates earlier this year at the Bowl. Here she is with another legend we lost in 2016, Prince.

Rest in peace, dear lady! Thank you from the bottom of my heart, for bringing into this world and raising one of the greatest front men in the history of rock! Your son was so talented and brought joy to millions of fans like myself, from across the world!

http://www.brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssbnov16a.html#07

20 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

No, she's one of yours. Own it.

She's an Independent?  I'm an a American first and party affiliate is checked as an Independent Party member.  Did I support President Clinton, absolutely.  Do I follow the Democratic Party right down the party line, no.  Like I said, blowing up the opposition and throwing out an "illegal" through the use of force, she would fit right into the show that is about to be unleashed in Washington DC and on the rest of the world.

23 minutes ago, Walter said:

She's an Independent?  I'm an a American first and party affiliate is checked as an Independent Party member.  Did I support President Clinton, absolutely.  Do I follow the Democratic Party right down the party line, no.  Like I said, blowing up the opposition and throwing out an "illegal" through the use of force, she would fit right into the show that is about to be unleashed in Washington DC and on the rest of the world.

Proceed to the nearest university campus...a safe space awaits where you can cry and hug it out snowflake. 

6 hours ago, Walter said:

I'm an a American first and party affiliate is checked as an Independent Party member. 

Sadly, you don't recognize an Independent when you see one.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 11:13 AM, SteveAJones said:

Learn something.

Well that's diff than what MSM would tell us. Good clip/find, Jonesy. Justice Dept under the ??? administration would have you believe it's just the result of a mass suicide? : 2:35 mark

Some don't see how the country has changed in the past 20 years. Some have forgotten or refuse to see 9/11 or the Orlando killings, etc. That's on them. Some believe spoon-fed media 20 years later, we have something called the internet. Sadly, some think we still live 20 years in the past.

Interesting clip. Some learn. Some never will... Goodbye Reno.