The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Ron Glass was only 71? He really was a pioneer of sorts, playing a big city black detective on American television in the 1970s.

Barny Miller was one of my all time favorite sitcoms. To me as a kid, his character was the one I most related to. ..71 does seem young, I would have thought he was older.

26 minutes ago, the chase said:

Sad news.. Rest In Peace Greg Lake

When did this happen?  Unreal.  I did not know this.  I saw them in Rochester back in the day.  They came up from under the stage.  Keith Emerson was incredible.  Plays his keyboard upside down and it was one hell of a concert.  I always thought they were one of the most unheralded and under rated bands ever.  Fabulous threesome like Rush were also.  Do you have any details of what happened to Lake?   As far as I know Emerson and Palmer are both alive?

"Certain things you learn through exposure. It's really the elements which make up any artist. You really learn by example. You learn by influence. And some people have a huge impact on you, and that's how you become the artist you are."

~ Greg Lake

2887.jpg

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

When did this happen?  Unreal.  I did not know this.  I saw them in Rochester back in the day.  They came up from under the stage.  Keith Emerson was incredible.  Plays his keyboard upside down and it was one hell of a concert.  I always thought they were one of the most unheralded and under rated bands ever.  Fabulous threesome like Rush were also.  Do you have any details of what happened to Lake?   As far as I know Emerson and Palmer are both alive?

Greg Lake died of Cancer. Keith Emerson committed suicide in March. He had severe problems with his right hand that affected his playing and was depressed from this.  

Edited by the chase

Someone better put Carl Palmer under 24-hour guard. Two-thirds of ELP wiped out this year. :o

Because my dad loved ELP, I was a fan mostly for sentimental reasons. But I also love Greg Lake's contributions to King Crimson. R.I.P.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38251936?SThisFB&post_id=1953396041553494_2059842647575499#_=_

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Whoever you are, you may be cool, but you will never be as cool as John Glenn, the First American to orbit the Earth in outer space.

I agree ...  I shook his hand. One of the few times I've been in awe meeting someone. He was almost 70 at the time and had a handshake like a vice grip.  Rest In Peace to a true American hero. 

Edited by the chase

7 hours ago, the chase said:

Greg Lake died of Cancer. Keith Emerson committed suicide in March. He had severe problems with his right hand that affected his playing and was depressed from this.  

Man this all sucks.  Thanks for the info.  Now I do believe I remember Keith passing.  Every day its someone.  Now John Glen has died.  

On Thursday, December 08, 2016 at 3:36 PM, SteveAJones said:

Whoever you are, you may be cool, but you will never be as cool as John Glenn, the First American to orbit the Earth in outer space.

Before the space program John Glenn served in the United States Navy and the United States Marines. He was a true bad ass. ... Military awards :

Distinguished Flying Cross (6)
Air Medal
Presidential Unit Citation
Navy Unit Commendation
American Campaign Medal
Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal
World War II Victory Medal
China Service Medal
Navy Occupation Service Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Korean Service Medal
United Nations Korea Medal