Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

SteveAJones

The Rest in Peace Thread

1,649 posts in this topic

Andrei Karlov, Russia's Ambassador to Turkey, assassinated by an Islamist at an art gallery in the capital city of Ankara.

Bowie, Lemmy, Merl Haggard, Keith Emerson, Chris Squire and now Greg Lake!  Music took a hit in 2016!

46 minutes ago, chef free said:

Bowie, Lemmy, Merl Haggard, Keith Emerson, Chris Squire and now Greg Lake!  Music took a hit in 2016!

You forgot Prince, Leon Russell, and Leonard Cohen, among others.

15 hours ago, JTM said:

Lack of respect ? Depends which way one voted, anyway don't take things so seriously man

no you are wrong. RIp or a memorial has nothing to do with how anyone voted.

Zsa Zsa was in many, many TV shows and movies, including 'Touch Of Evil' with Orson Welles.

I always thought her sister Eva was better looking.

'Darling I love you, but give me Park Avenue.'

:)

RIP Rick Parfitt - Status Quo. Never been a major fan but my sister had "On The Level" when I was about 13. I loved it. Quo Live is considered to be one of the great live albums.

RIP Rick Parfitt of Status Quo....Reaper 2016 has not finished yet...

RIP Rick Parfitt. I liked a fair few of their tracks. Very sad.

^I never got into Status Quo, but have always respected their dedication and longevity. Rest In Peace Rick Parfitt.  I'll always remember them kicking off Live Aid in 1985.

Also Rest In Peace to Howard Stern wack packer Joey Boots aged 49..

In the mid to late 1980s George Michael became one of the biggest pop stars in the world. It's impossible to hear his music and not be reminded of that era in time. Gone far too soon at 53.

No more mate please? RIP George. Like many this year you will not be forgottenth.jpg

His music was not my cup of tea at all, but RIP George Micheal, another on the long list of Mr Reaper 20 16's victims...

*Sigh! 

Got off work about half an hour ago. Checked my personal email and ran into this 'news'. Shocked and saddened!

RIP George Michael!

Damn, 2016! It never ends, does it?! :( 

I am sorry about that crash too. Awful news. And RIP George Michael. He was really good. Takes me right back. So sad. And during this so called, Happy period.