Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

SteveAJones

The Rest in Peace Thread

1,637 posts in this topic

My favorite Bill Paxton film :

BOB WALKER has passed away, aged 62.

Bob published the pioneering Hot Wacks bootleg guides and the early editions of Luis Rey’s seminal Led Zeppelin Live book and Robert Godwin’s Led Zeppelin The Press Reports – amongst many other titles - all of which I own and will cherish even more now that Bob's no longer here to produce another. 

Hot Wacks was essential to navigating the old days of live concert collecting, and I still refer from time to time to my old Robert Godwin and Luis Rey books. Thanks Bob Walker and R.I.P.

Just heard over the wire...TCM's Robert Osborne has died. He has been very ill for years now...he was a no-show at the past two TCM Film Festivals...so this news is not entirely unexpected. But for TCM fans and classic film fans everywhere, he will be missed. R.I.P. Robert Osborne.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-me-robert-osborne-dies-20170306-story.html

I will miss his commentary. I always looked forward to his opinion prior & after the classic films on TCM ?

robert20osborn.jpg

Chuck Berry...  The Father of Rock and Roll :(

Chuck Berry and James Cotton only days apart. It's time to start thinking about what kind of world we want to leave for Keith Richards.

Damn. Damn. Double damn. ?

DAMN...so sad!  I worked security for a Boston concert back in the day and actually chatted with him for a while while he was getting a snack.  Super nice guy....I will miss him! 

Posted (edited)

Rest In Peace Sib Hashian.  He was a big drumming influence for me as a kid. Still is..  A very tasteful drummer. 

Edited by the chase