Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

SteveAJones

The Rest in Peace Thread

1,649 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This is irrelevant to most people Stateside but Brian Matthew the presenter of BBC Radio 2 Sounds of the 60's has died aged 88. He presented the show for almost 27 years and we would wake up to the groovy tunes every Saturday morning from 8-10 am. He regularly name checked Jimmy page as the producer,arranger or player on loads of early 60's tunes and his eclectic mix of Mowtown, Pop and Psychedelic music was a joy to listen to. His compiler of the show was/is Steve "The Collector" Sauer who is well  known to Zeppelin heads as "The Lemon". The CP's say thanks Brian and we won't "see ya next week"

edit: We may yet see him next week as now it seems the BBC got it wrong. He is still with us but critically ill. Still our thoughts are with him and his family

Edited by chillumpuffer

Aw man, this sucks! I suppose I shouldn't be so sad as 90 is a full life, but still...I'm gonna miss him. Anyone else remember him as Crapgame in Kelly's Heroes? Very underrated movie, imo.

RIP Don Rickles

one of the all-time greats

Man that does suck! RIP Sharky

An insult is mean or unkind. Milton Berle called me the Sultan of Insult, and I was called the King of Insult. But the guy that gave me the best title - and I use it to this day - was Johnny Carson. He called me Mr. Warmth. ~ Don Rickles

Nobody did it better. R.I.P. Don Rickles.

20170407_101815.jpg

20170407_101837.jpg

On Thu Apr 06 2017 at 2:14 PM, ZepHead315 said:

Aw man, this sucks! I suppose I shouldn't be so sad as 90 is a full life, but still...I'm gonna miss him. Anyone else remember him as Crapgame in Kelly's Heroes? Very underrated movie, imo.

Loved Kells Heroes !

Posted (edited)

Rest In Peace Boston legend, the great guitarist  J. Geils age 71.  

Edited by the chase

Dave's (Letterman) mom died.  I miss Guess the Pie on the Thanksgiving show... 

Posted (edited)

Holy trinity of death! J. Giels...Dave's mom...and now I just heard about the great Linda Hopkins passing away. R.I.P.

20170411_204759.jpg

Edited by Strider

Dotty was a Thanksgiving tradition in my circle.

On 4/6/2017 at 0:14 PM, ZepHead315 said:

One of my fave movies. Great cast of characters. :)

RIP Charlie Murphy

RIP Dan Rooney

RIP Charlie Murphy & Dan Rooney

I was shocked to hear about Charlie Murphy--funny guy & I loved Ed Wuncler the 3rd from The Boondocks...

Rest In Peace Fusion legend guitarist Allan Holdsworth.. possibly the most technically gifted player ever. 

RIP Allan Holdsworth. I agree, Very gifted.

Posted (edited)

Rest in Peace Erin Moran.

erinmoran.jpg.b882dce554ab5e7aa66edb11f9a2bdb5.jpg

Edited by luvlz2