Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SteveAJones

The Rest in Peace Thread

redrum   

George Romero. R.I.P. (or will he??)

'Night Of The Living Dead' was a damned scary movie, especially for the time when it came out.

Strider   

For George and Martin, fare thee well good sirs. Thank you for your immeasurable contributions to cinema. Rest in peace.

Chester Bennington, lead singer of the band Linkin Park, has committed suicide by hanging, according to a report from TMZ. The musician was 41 years old.

Walter   

RIP

On Chris Cornell's birthday too.  

Left behind a wife and 6 children.

On 7/20/2017 at 2:17 PM, Walter said:

RIP

On Chris Cornell's birthday too.  

Left behind a wife and 6 children.

What a schmuck. Well, off to see 68 year old Ted Nugent rock Jefferson County tonight.

On 7/17/2017 at 0:34 PM, ForEvermore said:

Yes, R.I.P., Martin Landau...

He was good as Bela Lugosi in "Ed Wood":

$(KGrHqNHJBcE63VgzhjZBO6FjykKsw~~60_35.J

Great actor, RIP Martin.

Edited by BledZabbath

Rest In Peace all listed above.  

Ed Wood is in my top 10. Love Landau as Lugosi. 

Linkin Park is a band my wife and daughters love and I think they have a pretty cool unique blend of styles. Such a shame. 

Rest In Peace also to John Heard aged 71. He was great in everything I've ever seen him in. Especially a WGBH (PBS) Boston version of The Scarlet Letter with Meg Foster. Also in Cat People, Heaven Help Us, Home Alone, The Sopranos etc.. Under rated. 

Edited by the chase

RED WEST, who was Elvis Presley's first bodyguard and renowned member of Presley's Memphis Mafia for more than two decades has died. I was looking forward to meeting him in Memphis in two weeks to discuss his golden years. RIP Red West.

IpMan   
On 7/21/2017 at 0:40 PM, SteveAJones said:

What a schmuck. Well, off to see 68 year old Ted Nugent rock Jefferson County tonight.

I thought you were in Tokyo? Visiting MO on vacation? Nugent is still a great player, I may not agree with his politics but no one can say Nugent is not one helluva monster on that Birdland of his. And his tone! Damn, one of the best tones in rock IMO.

On 7/24/2017 at 7:01 PM, IpMan said:

I thought you were in Tokyo? Visiting MO on vacation? Nugent is still a great player, I may not agree with his politics but no one can say Nugent is not one helluva monster on that Birdland of his. And his tone! Damn, one of the best tones in rock IMO.

I am on a six week vacation to 18 states and following Ted's tour to some extent. To bring it on topic, at the show in Missouri he played Johnny B. Goode in tribute to the recently deceased Chuck Berry, who had of course called St. Louis home. 

IpMan   
1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

I am on a six week vacation to 18 states and following Ted's tour to some extent. To bring it on topic, at the show in Missouri he played Johnny B. Goode in tribute to the recently deceased Chuck Berry, who had of course called St. Louis home. 

You are a fortunate man Steve, good for you. I hope you have a great time on your vacation. Stay safe and have fun.

zepscoda   

June Lucille Foray,  September 18, 1917 – July 26, 2017, better known as June Foray, was an American voice actress who was best known as the voice of such animatedcharacters as Rocky the Flying Squirrel,Lucifer from Disney's Cinderella, Cindy Lou Who, Jokey Smurf, Granny from the Warner Bros. cartoons directed by Friz Freleng, Grammi Gummi from Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears series, and Magica De Spell, among many others.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_Foray

FB_IMG_1501180801362.jpg

Edited by zepscoda

Walter   

RIP Don Baylor

Enjoyed watching him for years while growing up.  With and without being a Yankee.

ebk   
9 hours ago, Walter said:

RIP Don Baylor

Enjoyed watching him for years while growing up.  With and without being a Yankee.

This made me sad.  And right after Darren Daulton.  Not a good couple of days.

Walter   
25 minutes ago, ebk said:

This made me sad.  And right after Darren Daulton.  Not a good couple of days.

Holy shit - I didn't know Darren Dalton passed! Mrs Walter will be devistated! She loved Darren! 

RIP Dutch Dalton :( 

Edited by Walter

Rest In Peace to Haruo Nakajima. 中島 春雄
(January 1, 1929 – August 7, 2017) 
He played Godzilla for twelve consecutive films, from Godzilla (1954) to Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972).

From B Movie Mania on fb

R.I.P. Glen Campbell

My very first slow dance with a girl, was with "By the Time I Get To Phoenix" playing, at a Jr. High church camp, in the summer of 1969. Whoever was DJing that night also played "Wichita Lineman." (Both songs by Jimmy Webb.)