Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

SteveAJones

The Rest in Peace Thread

1,641 posts in this topic

Barbara Cook was one of my favorite singers ever.  RIP - I'll miss her.

I don't know anyone that matches Glenn's touch and feel on the acoustic guitar. He is a Master.

It's later in this number that you get to hear Glenn's touch on the guitar...

14 hours ago, The Rover said:

I don't know anyone that matches Glenn's touch and feel on the acoustic guitar. He is a Master.

It's later in this number that you get to hear Glenn's touch on the guitar...

He was great in the original 'True Grit.'

R.I.P. Glenn.

Leon Russell played with Glenn Campbell in the "Wrecking Crew" when both were unknown session players.  He swore that Glenn was the best guitar player he had ever worked with bar none.  His guitar prowess always reminded me of Lindsey Buckingham.  When you can pick, you can play anything.

3 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

Leon Russell played with Glenn Campbell in the "Wrecking Crew" when both were unknown session players.  He swore that Glenn was the best guitar player he had ever worked with bar none.  His guitar prowess always reminded me of Lindsey Buckingham.  When you can pick, you can play anything.

Always loved Glen's voice and his songs when I was a kid.  It wasn't until I was an adult asking a guitar teacher how to play Wichita Lineman that I got turned on to what an incredible guitarist he was.  And on top of that he seemed like a real gent too.

RIP Glen, we could use more like him.

Here's a great Interview with the Campbell family friend Alice Cooper:

19 hours ago, The Rover said:

Here's a great Interview with the Campbell family friend Alice Cooper:

What a great interview, thanks for posting. Strange bedfellows indeed!

10 hours ago, Walter said:

RIP Heather Heyer 

🙏🏻 

Seconded - completely senseless killing by a complete POS.

28 minutes ago, 76229 said:

RIP Elvis, today is the 40th anniversary of his death.

I remember the announcement well. Our whole family was going to the local pool on a very hot summer's day when the news came all of a sudden over the car radio that he had died.

Everything seemed surreal after that. Even at my young age at the time, I could feel that his passing was an era-defining moment.

13 hours ago, 76229 said:

RIP Elvis, today is the 40th anniversary of his death.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Presley.  I was just 6 years old when I heard the news on the radio of his death while my father was driving on a highway in Houston, Texas.  I will admit that at 6 years old I had no knowledge of him or his music until more than a few years later, but I do remember hearing the announcement.  As much as I now know of music since then, I will gladly say that Elvis Presley is the true "King of Rock and Roll". 

8 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Disgraceful again. One of our favourite cities ruined. Murderous low life scum.

+1

Hate breeds hate.