Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SteveAJones

The Rest in Peace Thread

ebk   

Barbara Cook was one of my favorite singers ever.  RIP - I'll miss her.

I don't know anyone that matches Glenn's touch and feel on the acoustic guitar. He is a Master.

It's later in this number that you get to hear Glenn's touch on the guitar...

redrum   
14 hours ago, The Rover said:

I don't know anyone that matches Glenn's touch and feel on the acoustic guitar. He is a Master.

It's later in this number that you get to hear Glenn's touch on the guitar...

He was great in the original 'True Grit.'

R.I.P. Glenn.

Bong-Man   

Leon Russell played with Glenn Campbell in the "Wrecking Crew" when both were unknown session players.  He swore that Glenn was the best guitar player he had ever worked with bar none.  His guitar prowess always reminded me of Lindsey Buckingham.  When you can pick, you can play anything.

mstork   
3 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

Leon Russell played with Glenn Campbell in the "Wrecking Crew" when both were unknown session players.  He swore that Glenn was the best guitar player he had ever worked with bar none.  His guitar prowess always reminded me of Lindsey Buckingham.  When you can pick, you can play anything.

Always loved Glen's voice and his songs when I was a kid.  It wasn't until I was an adult asking a guitar teacher how to play Wichita Lineman that I got turned on to what an incredible guitarist he was.  And on top of that he seemed like a real gent too.

RIP Glen, we could use more like him.

Here's a great Interview with the Campbell family friend Alice Cooper:

mstork   
19 hours ago, The Rover said:

Here's a great Interview with the Campbell family friend Alice Cooper:

What a great interview, thanks for posting. Strange bedfellows indeed!

28 minutes ago, 76229 said:

RIP Elvis, today is the 40th anniversary of his death.

I remember the announcement well. Our whole family was going to the local pool on a very hot summer's day when the news came all of a sudden over the car radio that he had died.

Everything seemed surreal after that. Even at my young age at the time, I could feel that his passing was an era-defining moment.

kingzoso   
13 hours ago, 76229 said:

RIP Elvis, today is the 40th anniversary of his death.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Presley.  I was just 6 years old when I heard the news on the radio of his death while my father was driving on a highway in Houston, Texas.  I will admit that at 6 years old I had no knowledge of him or his music until more than a few years later, but I do remember hearing the announcement.  As much as I now know of music since then, I will gladly say that Elvis Presley is the true "King of Rock and Roll". 

Walter   
8 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Disgraceful again. One of our favourite cities ruined. Murderous low life scum.

+1

Hate breeds hate. 

RIP Jerry Lewis.

It was disgraceful the way the Muscular Dystrophy Association shoved him out of the telethons years ago. No one did more for those kids than Jerry Lewis!  

luvlz2   

R.I.P. Jerry Lewis. Will never forget how cool the telethons he did were. Not to mention his movies.

This is how I want to remember Jerry, from Cannes in 2013:

599x405

Edited by The Rover

redrum   

Now Jerry can rejoin Dean Martin. :)

I remember as a kid when I saw The Nutty Professor about 10 times in a row at the theater. His other movies were also a crack up. He was also good in 'The Delicate Delinquent.'

R.I.P. Kid.

31 minutes ago, redrum said:

I remember as a kid when I saw The Nutty Professor about 10 times in a row at the theater.

1394687189-0.jpg

That fool was no dummy. Jerry Lewis was an undeniable genius an unfathomable blessing, comedy's absolute! I am because he was!

— Jim Carrey

https://t.co/3Zdq9xhXlE

Edited by The Rover

2 hours ago, redrum said:

Now Jerry can rejoin Dean Martin. :)

I remember as a kid when I saw The Nutty Professor about 10 times in a row at the theater. His other movies were also a crack up. He was also good in 'The Delicate Delinquent.'

R.I.P. Kid.

I remember many a stoned time watching "The Disorderly Orderly". Funny I also feel the pain of someone describing an injury

redrum   
4 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

I remember many a stoned time watching "The Disorderly Orderly". Funny I also feel the pain of someone describing an injury

:) 'The Bellboy' was also a crack up.