The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

REST IN PEACE...should have been inducted YEARS ago!

Ray Thomas, a founding member of British rock group The Moody Blues, has died at 76, months before the band is due to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. 

I agree, this is a travesty without a doubt. 

Jan Winner is just a jerk, anyone he does not like does not get in or takes forever, with him finally bowing to public and private opinion. The Moody Blues were an extremely influential group and should have been inducted in the mid 90's without a doubt.

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

REST IN PEACE...should have been inducted YEARS ago!

Ray Thomas, a founding member of British rock group The Moody Blues, has died at 76, months before the band is due to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. 

No doubt..Couldn't agree with you more. At least he knew they were finally going in.. But their timing stinks .. too little too late.

On 1/8/2018 at 7:50 AM, IpMan said:

I agree, this is a travesty without a doubt. 

Jan Winner is just a jerk, anyone he does not like does not get in or takes forever, with him finally bowing to public and private opinion. The Moody Blues were an extremely influential group and should have been inducted in the mid 90's without a doubt.

I believe Wenner may have been affiliated with the old DJ 'Big Daddy Tom Donahue' in San Francisco back in the 60's and Donahue did not like the Moody Blues. I remember hearing him put them down on the radio. Ralph Gleason was another one and together they formed an unholy 3. Gleason and Donahue both died fairly young. 

On 1/11/2018 at 8:09 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Goodbye to the last of the classic Motorhead line up.

RIP Fast Eddie. Have great memories of seeing them on The England tour through to The Bomber tour. Now he can reunite with Philthy and Lemmy. Boy it will be noisy upstairs?

It's so weird how the mind plays tricks on you. I thought Fast Eddie had already passed away a few years ago. So when I saw the texts and messages coming in on my phone I was like, "yeah, he's been dead for a while...this must be another case where the internet kills off someone already dead (or someone still alive)". But of course, I discovered it was Philthy Taylor who I was thinking of...the Animal dying in 2015. 

Philthy, Lemmy, and now the last of the original unholy trio, Fast Eddie Clarke, gone from our world. It always bummed me out the world never got another chance to see the classic Motörhead lineup. Those of us old enough will just have to cherish our memories.

Wherever they are now in the afterlife, I hope they are sauced and making a LOUD racket together.

Damn...from pneumonia of all things.

RIP FEC. 😢

Edited by Strider

12 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Thanks for posting this!

This news is affecting me quite deeply, as I grew up listening to The Cranberries. 

I'm also sad. That album meant a lot to me. Her voice was so very strong, the acoustic guitar parts are so beautiful and the lyrics are so well.

No need to argue came out when I was almost 30. It was the time that I really grew up and became a stronger person. And this album fittet so perfectly to me at the time.

My 96 year old Grandma just passed away tonight in Galveston, Texas I was just there 10 days ago so I got to see her and talk to her.  She had 12 children and was always a strong and beautiful woman who Loved her kids, grand-kids and great grand kids.  I Love You Grandma!!!

12 hours ago, kingzoso said:

My 96 year old Grandma just passed away tonight in Galveston, Texas I was just there 10 days ago so I got to see her and talk to her.  She had 12 children and was always a strong and beautiful woman who Loved her kids, grand-kids and great grand kids.  I Love You Grandma!!!

Sorry to hear that King. May your Grandma Rest In Peace. 

21 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Sorry to read this. Hope you and your family are celebrating her 96 years of life. ✌🏼

That’s tough. I wished my grandmother had made it until 96 and had been able to meet my son, her great grandson named after her husband-my grandfather.  Awesome you guys are making a positive experience out of a sad situation. Godspeed.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

And another musician falls. The irascible Mark E. Smith of The Fall passes away at 60.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42811968

A Mancunian legend right there. Never a fan but he is rightly mentioned in the same class as Joy Division, Magazine, The Buzzcocks and ultimately The Smiths.