The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

11 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

RIP Indianapolis Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson, allegedly killed by a twice deported illegal alien drunk driver.

Damn right! Because it hurts much less when your loved one is killed by a white, suburban, upper middle class soccer mom driving drunk...allegedly.

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

Damn right! Because it hurts much less when your loved one is killed by a white, suburban, upper middle class soccer mom driving drunk...allegedly.

Most white, suburban, upper middle class soccer Mom's don't harm American citizens. Most twice deported illegal aliens do.

Edited by SteveAJones

11 hours ago, IpMan said:

Statistically speaking, you could not be farther from the truth.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/us/trump-illegal-immigrants-crime.html

EVERY twice-deported illegal alien harms American citizens in some way by their unlawful presence.

Statistically speaking, the rate of recidivism for executed criminals is 0%.

Edited by SteveAJones

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Statistically speaking, the rate of recidivism for executed criminals is 0%.

Well, I must say, you got me there. Of course that is a world I would not care to live in.

2 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

It is the world you live in. 

Um, no it is not. We do not execute every criminal who continues to commit crimes. Of course it is always a hoot when we execute people who turn out to be mentally retarded or just plain innocent. 

58 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Um, no it is not. We do not execute every criminal who continues to commit crimes. Of course it is always a hoot when we execute people who turn out to be mentally retarded or just plain innocent. 

You do live in a world where the rate of recidivism for executed criminals is 0%.

...back on topic...

Black Lies Matter Activist Shot Dead

https://nypost.com/2018/02/07/black-lives-matter-leader-shot-dead/

Gentlemen,

Can you please respect the forum rules about political topics.  It seems that the two of you tend to impose your (rather extreme) politics onto nearly EVERY topic you reply to.  If you must behave as such, please use the personal messenger function.

Thanks,

Chef Free

Another sad and tragic end to a musician. The Temptations had two great periods. The classic David Ruffin-Eddie Kendricks period early on and then the "Psychedelic Soul" era after Dennis Edwards replaced David Ruffin. "Ball of Confusion", "Papa Was a Rolling Stone", "Just My Imagination" (covered by the Rolling Stones), were just a few of their hits during this time. R.I.P. Dennis Edwards.

http://variety.com/2018/music/news/dennis-edwards-dies-dead-the-temptations-1202685852/

The latest developments coming out are disturbing.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-dennis-edwards-temptations-abuse-20180207-story.html

Edited by Strider

RIP Edwin Hawkins, he penned the Gospel classic "Oh Happy Day", he was dissed by the "church" for his secular ways but he went on to create what is now called "urban contemporary" gospel.  I went to his memorial services last night and WOW!  I haven't been to church for a while and these older preachers are absolute MASTERS at what they do! Praise the Lord!

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/02/07/church-hosts-2nd-night-of-all-star-gospel-tribute-to-edwin-hawkins/

17 hours ago, Strider said:

Another sad and tragic end to a musician. The Temptations had two great periods. The classic David Ruffin-Eddie Kendricks period early on and then the "Psychedelic Soul" era after Dennis Edwards replaced David Ruffin. "Ball of Confusion", "Papa Was a Rolling Stone", "Just My Imagination" (covered by the Rolling Stones), were just a few of their hits during this time. R.I.P. Dennis Edwards.

http://variety.com/2018/music/news/dennis-edwards-dies-dead-the-temptations-1202685852/

The latest developments coming out are disturbing.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-dennis-edwards-temptations-abuse-20180207-story.html

This one hurt.  I consider "Cloud Nine" to be one of the greatest singles ever.  It has everything, including a perfect mix.  Ruffin could have never pulled off that vocal performance as Edwards did.  The yin-yang with Kendrick's falsetto is perfect on that record.   Greg Reeves was a whole 13 years old when he laid down that bass line.  You'd swear it was James Jamerson.  Edwards' singing on "Ball of Confusion" is nothing more than the roots of Rap..."rap on Brother...rap on !"  "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" was a personal song for Edwards...."dealing in death and stealing in the name of the Lord".  The first 1:56 of intro to "Papa" is just simply awesome.  Lots  of old-time fans didn't like the Psychedelic era of the Tempts.  That's how "Just My Imagination" came to be.  It was an intended throwback featuring Kendricks instead of Edwards singing lead.  I loved it all though.  The Tempts, Marvin Gaye, Edwin Starr...etc.  They were the only reason to listen to AM radio, as Motown was still singles oriented and rarely got airplay on FM.  RIP Dennis.    

Rest In Peace to Drummer Pat Torpey, age 64 due to difficulties from Parkinsons disease. Pat is best known as the Drummer for Mr Big.

He also toured with Robert Plant during the Now And Zen era. He filled in on Drums while Chris Blackwell was recovering from a hand/ arm injury and was playing more of a percussion role till he recovered.

Pat was a great drummer who bravely did what he could for as long as he could. Sympathies to his Family, Friends, Bandmates and Fans. 

Rest In Peace also to longtime Foghat Bassist, Craig MacGregor due to lung cancer. Craig played on the classic albums, Night Shift, Foghat Live, Stone Blue and Boogie Motel. He was 68.

Craig is the third member of this great, and often overlooked band to pass on. Vocalist, Guitarist “Lonesome” Dave Peverett died in 2000. Lead, Slide Guitarist Rod Price died in 2005.  

Edited by the chase

On 2/21/2018 at 7:47 AM, SteveAJones said:

American Evangelist BILLY GRAHAM (99)

WOW, news alert...99 year old man dies. What a shocker. I wonder what the cause of death could have been. I tell ya, no one saw that coming.

8 minutes ago, IpMan said:

WOW, news alert...99 year old man dies. What a shocker. I wonder what the cause of death could have been. I tell ya, no one saw that coming.

Are you stupid or something? It isn't his age that is relevant, it's his stature. I'd like to think that even a tree-hugging, Citizen of the World, Big Government loving commie leftist such as yourself can respect the fact that Billy Graham was America's Pastor. 

6 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Are you stupid or something? It isn't his age that is relevant, it's his stature. I'd like to think that even a tree-hugging, Citizen of the World, Big Government loving commie leftist such as yourself can respect the fact that Billy Graham was America's Pastor. 

He was a great Man. He stuck to his guns. True to The Word all the way through. Rest In Peace Reverend Billy Graham.

6 hours ago, IpMan said:

Who said anything about it being a shocker? I didn't think this thread was intended to be shocking, but to show respect.  

9 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Do I not amuse you???

:hysterical: