The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

So on August 16...

The King of the Blues, Robert Johnson, died in 1938.

The King of Baseball, Babe Ruth, died in 1948.

The King of Vampires, Bela Lugosi, died in 1956.

The King of Rock 'n' Roll, Elvis Presley, died in 1977.

The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, died in 2018.

Oh...and Madonna was born in 1958.

32 minutes ago, Anjin-san said:

Ed King

The Ed King of Lynyrd Skynyrd?

Just checked the wire...

Damn, it is. 😢

"Sweet Home Alabama" belongs on any list of most recognizable guitar licks.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2018/08/23/former-lynyrd-skynyrd-guitarist-ed-king-dead-68/1072400002/

2 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Rest in Peace Robin Leach...."Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous"!

I remember they did a parody on that called: 'Lifestyles Of The Relatives Of The Rich And Famous' and they had a woman who was the sister of Katherine Hepburn who was homeless and pushing a shopping cart around and she talked just like her. 

On 8/23/2018 at 2:26 PM, JTM said:

Sad news, I've sometimes thought looking at LS photos, Ed sort of looked edged out before he left. A great player and contributor to early Skynyrd RIP Ed..

Lynyrd-Skynyrd-cropped-web-optimised-1000.jpg

Well, he was a Californian playing in a southern rock band. He was also physically ill even back then. 

26 minutes ago, ebk said:

Rest in peace Senator McCain

Wow. Didn’t know until I saw your post. RIP John McCain a true American Patriot and Hero.

He went through more Hell than any of his pathetic critics have ever even imagined. Especially with the draft dodging leadership we currently have... 

My condolences to his family.

So sad. 

9 minutes ago, Walter said:

He went through more Hell than any of his pathetic critics have ever even imagined.

He was the son of an Admiral who amassed a personal net worth of over $16 million as a life-long politician. America's VA hospitals are overrun with veterans who've gone through so much more for so much less so please spare us the virtue signaling.    

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

He was the son of an Admiral who amassed a personal net worth of over $16 million as a life-long politician. America's VA hospitals are overrun with veterans who've gone through so much more for so much less so please spare us the virtue signaling.    

And was held captive as a prisoner of war and was tortured... but keep with your non-serving pussy ass narrative.

My brother was 'commandant' of an S.E.R.E. (Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape) camp outside L.A. that was voluntary that put guys through what to expect if they were captured in Vietnam. He met McCain I believe when he visited the camp. He took me there one night when no one was there and it was creepy as hell inside and out. 

My brother would tell him: Rest in peace you old war dog. 

16 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The man was not perfect, he would be the first one to admit such himself, but by the last 20 years of his life his integrity could not be questioned. 

I also am in the camp of "silent service" that is, if you serve that is your choice and you do not use that service to benefit yourself. However, I would take hearing about McCain's torture in an NVA POW camp over Cadet Bone Spurs (Trump) stating on record that avoiding STD's was his own personal Vietnam while is jackass father pulled strings to get him 4 deferments from service.

Seriously, you have to be a SERIOUS asshole to dodge the draft, chase pussy, and stay cosy knowing daddy's connections will keep you safe... and then 50 years later talk shit about a POW. I really would be hard pressed to find a better example of how low and disgusting a person could be, captured on video as well.

4 hours ago, ebk said:

So many great movies. The Odd Couple and Biloxi Blues just to name a few.