The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

On 10/16/2018 at 11:54 AM, chef free said:

RIP Paul Allen, co founder of Microsoft. 21 Jan., 1950- 15 Oct., 2018.

Paul was a HUGE Hendrix fan and collected anything and everything Jimi related.  So much so that he started the (Jimi Hendrix) Museum of Pop Culture in Seattle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_of_Pop_Culture

It's a cool place. I love the guitar/instrument sculpture and the building design.

6052387239_29404c8481_b.jpg

7c112fe6c7cd41b1ce30285dd7193d55.jpg

On 10/18/2018 at 5:19 AM, apantherfrommd said:

So sad. This alert came through on my phone earlier today. That's a terrible way to die. Much too young!

The murderer stole money from his grandma's purse to buy explosive stuff.
Who is to blame for it all? I am sitting waiting for someone to accuse him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Rest in peace (pieces) journalist Jamal Khashoggi. Tortured, murdered, dismembered by Saudi Arabian government thugs in Turkey.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/world/wp/2018/10/19/saudi-government-acknowledges-journalist-jamal-khashaoggi-died-while-in-that-countrys-consulate-in-istanbul/

I saw this in the news, pretty horrifying.  And yet in that part of the world it is very common. Medieval philosphies abound there. The way women and gays are treated by all of them is very dissapointing too.

1 hour ago, kipper said:

I saw this in the news, pretty horrifying.  

It is what it is. A leftist stone thrower from the Washington Post forgot the way the real stone throwers do business back in the old neighborhood. Aside from that, he's not a U.S. citizen, the American press only covers this story as an excuse to glorify a fellow journalist.

16 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

It is what it is. A leftist stone thrower from the Washington Post forgot the way the real stone throwers do business back in the old neighborhood. Aside from that, he's not a U.S. citizen, the American press only covers this story as an excuse to glorify a fellow journalist.

Kind of what I feel about it. I think it is a horrrible way to die, but they are all part of the same system.

35 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

"...the American press only covers this story as an excuse to glorify a fellow journalist."

True or not it is not wise to underestimate the dark side of the Saudi regime.  They are anti Iran, have lots of light sweet crude oil, and are good arms customers but remember 19 of the 20 911 hijackers were Saudis, and that the Wahibist Muslim sect that runs the religion in SA shares ideology, and most likely secretly funded IS (at least at first).

6 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

6 hours ago, kipper said:

Kind of what I feel about it. I think it is a horrrible way to die, but they are all part of the same system.

6 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

So that's what that was all about. Thanks. I was wondering why it was being covered in the press so much.

Well, well, well...that was rather predictable. #sad

8 hours ago, chef free said:

True or not it is not wise to underestimate the dark side of the Saudi regime.  They are anti Iran, have lots of light sweet crude oil, and are good arms customers but remember 19 of the 20 911 hijackers were Saudis, and that the Wahibist Muslim sect that runs the religion in SA shares ideology, and most likely secretly funded IS (at least at first).

As I recall fifteen were Saudi, regardless it is highly unlikely they acted on behalf of the Saudi government. Bin Laden was also Saudi born but stripped of his citizenship in 1994. 

2 hours ago, Strider said:

The Left wants to have it both ways. They call me an Islamaphobe when I criticize Muslim culture but then shame me for not shedding tears after the barbarians do something barbaric. It is what it is. He had to know it was a suicide mission for him to walk into any Saudi consulate in the Middle East. Between doing that AND wanting to get married -- not too bright! By the way, in 2011 Khashoggi tweeted that he "collapsed in tears" when he heard of the death of 9/11 mastermind Osama bin Laden, saying bin Laden had been "brave and beautiful in Afghanistan". Now THAT's #sad! 

Edited by SteveAJones

50 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

By the way, in 2011 Khashoggi tweeted that he "collapsed in tears" when he heard of the death of 9/11 mastermind Osama bin Laden, saying bin Laden had been "brave and beautiful in Afghanistan". Now THAT's #sad! 

"You were beautiful and brave in those beautiful days in Afghanistan, before you surrendered to hatred and passion."

Why didn't you put the full quote in there? Why, it's almost like you're just as bad as the media you criticize. Funny.

7 minutes ago, gibsonfan159 said:

"You were beautiful and brave in those beautiful days in Afghanistan, before you surrendered to hatred and passion."

Why didn't you put the full quote in there? Why, it's almost like you're just as bad as the media you criticize. Funny.

I quoted the portion which explains why he "collapsed in tears". Further, to state someone surrendered to hatred and passion is not the same as condemning them for it. In fact, to prove my point it could be said that the men in the Saudi Consulate merely surrendered to hatred and passion.

https://www.frontpagemag/com/point/271616/jamal-khashoggi-was-bin-laden-pal-mourned-his-daniel-greenfield

44 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I quoted the portion which explains why he "collapsed in tears". Further, to state someone surrendered to hatred and passion is not the same as condemning them for it. In fact, to prove my point it could be said that the men in the Saudi Consulate merely surrendered to hatred and passion.

https://www.frontpagemag/com/point/271616/jamal-khashoggi-was-bin-laden-pal-mourned-his-daniel-greenfield

I'm not stupid and neither are you, so stop pretending to be. He always showed disdain for extremism. Attempting to paint a picture of someone by one social media post is nothing short of a toddler pointing a finger at a sibling. Besides, our own president's tweets look far worse. Should we take all those at face value? 

The constant political trolling in this forum really needs to be shut down. If I get banned for saying something actually related to Led Zeppelin, others should be also for blatantly breaking the rules for non related content.

9 hours ago, Strider said:

Strider,

I think you are a good person but you are thinking with your heart to much on this one. The man's death was horrible and brutal but he wasn't a good guy either. Im not excusing what the Suadis did to him, but he was just another side of the same coin.

Kipper

5 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

I'm not stupid and neither are you, so stop pretending to be. He always showed disdain for extremism. Attempting to paint a picture of someone by one social media post is nothing short of a toddler pointing a finger at a sibling. Besides, our own president's tweets look far worse. Should we take all those at face value? 

The constant political trolling in this forum really needs to be shut down. If I get banned for saying something actually related to Led Zeppelin, others should be also for blatantly breaking the rules for non related content.

You're missing the larger point I've made here by a mile. He showed disdain for extremism EXCEPT when it was perpetrated by his pal Osama bin Laden and other anti-Saudi royal family dissidents. In other words, this guy was essentially a terrorist mouthpiece using his prominent position with The Washington Post as a bully pulpit. For that reason, he knew if he walked into a Saudi consulate the odds were 50/50 he was going to get whacked. That's why he instructed his fiance to wait outside and told her to call his Turkish media buddy if he didn't return.

There's no trolling political or otherwise occurring here. We're merely discussing the newest inductee into The RIP Thread.    

On 10/21/2018 at 11:12 AM, SteveAJones said:

You're missing the larger point I've made here by a mile. He showed disdain for extremism EXCEPT when it was perpetrated by his pal Osama bin Laden and other anti-Saudi royal family dissidents. In other words, this guy was essentially a terrorist mouthpiece using his prominent position with The Washington Post as a bully pulpit. For that reason, he knew if he walked into a Saudi consulate the odds were 50/50 he was going to get whacked. That's why he instructed his fiance to wait outside and told her to call his Turkish media buddy if he didn't return.

There's no trolling political or otherwise occurring here. We're merely discussing the newest inductee into The RIP Thread.    

if he was pro Bin Laden then I hope he is hell with Bin Laden

Playing some snare drum solos on my Black Galaxy Ludwig. It's a great sounding snare. It feels good to nail a 2 or 3 page solo without flubbing it up. I'm in the market for a symphonic snare, either a Grover (USA) or Pearl. My only beef with Pearl is they have 'Made In Taiwan' right on the badge. As you can see, symphonic snares are a different animal than a normal snare drum. grover-pro-G3T-extended-snares.jpg

cocobolo.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:44 PM, Freeyyaa said:

The murderer stole money from his grandma's purse to buy explosive stuff.
Who is to blame for it all? I am sitting waiting for someone to accuse him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee

Hi Freeyyaa!  How much did that babushka have in her purse? I don't believe Roslyakov acted alone, but what does Tim Berners Lee have to do with it? Around lunch time, Thursday, we were having this discussion. She grew up in Crimea. My friend and I were shocked. Don't forget he had a shotgun as well. There was no one to stop him.

Anyway perhaps we'll get some answers. https://en.crimerussia.com/gromkie-dela/police-searching-for-safe-buried-by-kerch-shooter/

Law enforcement officers examined a wasteland near the house of Vladislav Roslyakov, a student who arranged the shooting at the Kerch Polytechnic College, yet did not find anything, RIA Novosti reports citing a source in the police.

Earlier, REN-TV channel published a video showing a person, who looks like Roslyakov, carrying a safe which he later buried. The police believe the contents of the safe could clarify the motives of the killer, as well as the causes of the tragedy.

REN-TV published another video from the place where Roslyakov burnt his things before the attack on the college. Among the burned items there were parts of a laptop, a sim card, a knife, notebooks, photos, and the Bible. It is reported that Roslyakov also took his children's pictures and 20 thousand rubles from the house.

As RIA Novosti source says, the subject in the hands of the young man on the video does not look like a safe, but looks like a bundle, as it looks "too easy to store weapons."

“As for the place from the video, it was already examined by the law enforcement officers and no safe was found on the waste ground,” the source added.

On Wednesday, October 17, an 18-year-old student of the Kerch Polytechnic College, Vladislav Roslyakov, opened fire at his school. He killed 21 people and injured more than 60. A criminal case was initiated on the fact of the attack (Article 205 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation), but later it was reclassified to a murder of two or more persons (Part 2 of Article 105 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation). Roslyakov shot himself in the college library. This doesn't just happen in the USA.

Rest in Peace - the youth at the school. :( 20 dead and more wounded? Very sad.

21 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Hi Freeyyaa!  How much did that babushka have in her purse? I don't believe Roslyakov acted alone, but what does Tim Berners Lee have to do with it? Around lunch time, Thursday, we were having this discussion. She grew up in Crimea. My friend and I were shocked. Don't forget he had a shotgun as well. There was no one to stop him.

Anyway perhaps we'll get some answers. https://en.crimerussia.com/gromkie-dela/police-searching-for-safe-buried-by-kerch-shooter/

Law enforcement officers examined a wasteland near the house of Vladislav Roslyakov, a student who arranged the shooting at the Kerch Polytechnic College, yet did not find anything, RIA Novosti reports citing a source in the police.

Earlier, REN-TV channel published a video showing a person, who looks like Roslyakov, carrying a safe which he later buried. The police believe the contents of the safe could clarify the motives of the killer, as well as the causes of the tragedy.

REN-TV published another video from the place where Roslyakov burnt his things before the attack on the college. Among the burned items there were parts of a laptop, a sim card, a knife, notebooks, photos, and the Bible. It is reported that Roslyakov also took his children's pictures and 20 thousand rubles from the house.

As RIA Novosti source says, the subject in the hands of the young man on the video does not look like a safe, but looks like a bundle, as it looks "too easy to store weapons."

“As for the place from the video, it was already examined by the law enforcement officers and no safe was found on the waste ground,” the source added.

On Wednesday, October 17, an 18-year-old student of the Kerch Polytechnic College, Vladislav Roslyakov, opened fire at his school. He killed 21 people and injured more than 60. A criminal case was initiated on the fact of the attack (Article 205 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation), but later it was reclassified to a murder of two or more persons (Part 2 of Article 105 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation). Roslyakov shot himself in the college library. This doesn't just happen in the USA.

Rest in Peace - the youth at the school. :( 20 dead and more wounded? Very sad.

It has finally happened: www and computer games have already been accused of the mass shooting in Kerch in a TV program.

On 10/22/2018 at 4:11 PM, redrum said:

Playing some snare drum solos on my Black Galaxy Ludwig. It's a great sounding snare. It feels good to nail a 2 or 3 page solo without flubbing it up. I'm in the market for a symphonic snare, either a Grover (USA) or Pearl. My only beef with Pearl is they have 'Made In Taiwan' right on the badge. As you can see, symphonic snares are a different animal than a normal snare drum. grover-pro-G3T-extended-snares.jpg

cocobolo.jpg

Were you playing "Taps"? Strange to see this post in the R.I.P. thread. Unless you plan on beating your drum to death. 😏

Wow! Freeyyaa and Khan quoted me in the same topic. No coincidences. Maybe I'll win 1.6 billion. But it usually goes to South Jersey of Florida.

If no one has welcomed you to the board, let me be the first.

Welcome Bron-Y-Khan_2285.thumb.jpg.34c4d3fe20cb72a707058584fc140325.jpg

Finally, some opinions and much brute honesty with it.

Thank you and welcome.

I need to edit and post a few, due to the format of the forum. Rock On, Khan!

Edited by apantherfrommd

4 hours ago, Freeyyaa said:

It has finally happened: www and computer games have already been accused of the mass shooting in Kerch in a TV program.

Emulation. Columbine - 1999. Clothing. Copycat.  Vladislav Roslyakov / Eric Harris (Columbine)

доки 2? нет! IN that game, you are zombie. You spend 10 minutes ripping the guts out of your victim. Unbelievable, they would blame it on a video game.

But www, (this is a good way to access History). I believe we have seen emulation in this massacre.

13 hours ago, Bron-y-con said:

Image result for in soviet russia bomb make you

This is hillaryous! 

Image result for in soviet russia bear has right to all arms 

Many countries in some forms emulate the USA. Russia is one that emulates our "older self". Good and bad in that. Look at Khan's cartoon. It's a great cartoon! :lol: TRUTH
Russia has recently "lightened up" on the gun laws. I see that and emulation of the West by a Youth at fault.
You can't blame an inanimate object, such as a video game (or for that matter (A GUN, OR A BOMB). You blame the person that did it. And perhaps the people that had influence on him.
Why is it usually a "him" and not a "her"? Perhaps there's some questions we should ask ourselves.