2013 NFL Thread

Strider

true look what happened in Baltimore there not even half the team they used to be..How do you like Miamis picks Paul?

What happened in Baltimore? They beat the Pats as I remember because they fortified their offensive line with Mount Mckinney. They unloaded an aging salary cap unfriendly defense and made some great free agency pick ups. Billy Boy Billicheck would have loved to have those acquisitions.

I believe in Ozzie.

Rick, your Bills got a pretty good receiver in Robert Woods, especially for as late as they got him. They won't have to pay him much.

I can't help but think of Brian Bosworth when I look at Manti Te'o. Anybody else get the same feeling of "draft bust"?

What happened in Baltimore? They beat the Pats as I remember because they fortified their offensive line with Mount Mckinney. They unloaded an aging salary cap unfriendly defense and made some great free agency pick ups. Billy Boy Billicheck would have loved to have those acquisitions.

I believe in

I think he will struggle in the NFL

I believe in Ozzie.

Ozzie is one of the best and the Ravens willed their way to the Superbowl but a lot of that team is gone thats all.

So the Jets draft Geno Smith & Rex Ryan won't commit to Sanchez. This season will be a death march for good ole' Rex anyway, his ass will be out after this season, not that I'm shedding any tears for the J-E-T-S.

yup the Jets saga continues,this year will be like reality TV for the Jets and Ryans fat ass will be rolled out of NY at the end of it all..

Heh, on ESPN they are talking about Jerry Jones & Romo, again. Romo's going to be more dedicated this season, whatever the hell that means. If it helps Tony from throwing interceptions during crunch time then I guess Cowboy fans will have nothing to complain about. :bubble:

Heh, on ESPN they are talking about Jerry Jones & Romo, again. Romo's going to be more dedicated this season, whatever the hell that means. If it helps Tony from throwing interceptions during crunch time then I guess Cowboy fans will have nothing to complain about. :bubble:

He is dedicated by being the second highest paid quarterback after taxes.The whole salary and contracts are blown out of proportion. Flacco, Romo and Rogers all have similar contracts that are not guaranteed. If the teams decide to cut them they can find themselves in Tebow's situation. They are only as rich as their last paychecks not future ones they may never see.

What our 'skeletor' owner/GM was saying was that during the contract extension negotiations, Romo wanted a commitment from the team to ensure the o-line was going to be upgraded - which should be obvious based on their ability to run the ball and protect the qb the past few years. In return 'skeletor' wanted Romo to put in "Peyton Manning time" during the week at the facility and with working on developing the game plan and new plays. Sounds like more of the same old finger pointing, to me. They had to get the extension done so they could at least attempt to sign some free agents this spring - with a tackle being talked about most. We shall see...

I had no problems with the Lion's draft choices. I have no doubt they would have picked up one of those three OTs at #5 if they had the chance, but they weren't there. We needed a DE as much as an OT, so they picked the one they thought was the best. Izzy may be inexperienced, but limited mileage on your body isn't necessarily a bad thing in the NFL these days.

The Jets are unbelievable. Did they ever stop to think that their problems at this point actually stem from everything but the quarterback position ? Why waste picks on your QB when any quarterback would struggle with their current talent.

What our 'skeletor' owner/GM was saying was that during the contract extension negotiations, Romo wanted a commitment from the team to ensure the o-line was going to be upgraded - which should be obvious based on their ability to run the ball and protect the qb the past few years. In return 'skeletor' wanted Romo to put in "Peyton Manning time" during the week at the facility and with working on developing the game plan and new plays. Sounds like more of the same old finger pointing, to me. They had to get the extension done so they could at least attempt to sign some free agents this spring - with a tackle being talked about most. We shall see...

I Have been watching the cowboys forever,and if the cowboys ever want to win again like the did in the 1990s and the 1970s,stephen jones needs to talk jerry into retiring from the team! remind me of the raiders under al davis!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very sad about Deacon. Prisco of CBS put his all time pass rush list together. A joke. Deacon was number two to LT, a linebacker, and Alan Page, Bubba Smith and Merlin Olson were not on the list. Joke. Nor Jim Marshall. Joke

Lets say a prayer for Jim Kelly, the hall of fame Bills QB has cancer in his back jaw. Prognosis is good, but one never knows. Jim Kelly does not need this after Hunter

^^ Yeah, how will being Tom Brady's backup make Tebow any happier than riding the pine for Mark Sanchez, not that I really care, but the circus that will come to New England should be interesting. Not that it will stop the Pats from dominating the AFC East.

^^ Yeah, how will being Tom Brady's backup make Tebow any happier than riding the pine for Mark Sanchez, not that I really care, but the circus that will come to New England should be interesting. Not that it will stop the Pats from dominating the AFC East.

Belechek is losing it. What do they possibly gain by this? Besides a side show? Do they think he is going to be used as a slot reciever or a decoy or a second QB to bring back the flea flicker in a way never used before? or is it just an "if Brady goes down thing?" After all, he is no longer young. Will be more prone to injury after taking a hit.

While we are talking football in June, I still think Flacco may be the most overpaid guy in football history. He deserves a big contract yes. But not like the one he got. He is a longshot to get them back to the title game. Its always close to impossible to repeat let alone get to the title game. I say they cannot do it.

It will not be a circus like in NY every player on the Pats offense does different things so Tebow will be put to good use.Bill is not losing his mind he will utilize him in many ways...you will be surprized Bill Bel is the master

Archived