Was Jimmy married in the '60s?

Scylla,

There is a video on YouTube called 'Charlotte Martin' referring to the model, rather than the singer. Among the comments are ones from a 'CountLyev' who claims to have been employed by Jimmy and Charlotte for several years. One of his contributions is as follows, "...In fact, it was Charlotte who first left Jimmy in late 74/early 75. And it was Jimmy who begged for a reunion. It was Charlotte's decision not to marry, not Jimmy's. But yes, Jimmy used many groupies on the road. All the members of Led Zeppelin did. As he said, "that's what they're there for."If anyone was "lucky" in that relationship, it was Jimmy. And I promise you he would be the first one to say so."

The thing is that on a facility like YouTube, it is difficult to know who to believe about what. This person could be genuine, or a complete fantasist who has read sufficient online to make this up. The comments on the video make for entertaining reading. There are a few bunnyboilers on it.

Interesting. Yes, this sort of thing brings out the crazies, doesn't it? I could swear that one of the commenters on there (MsLilly2012) is one of the people on here (this forum not this thread. . .naming no names. . .). The exact same tone.

Scylla, I know exactly who you mean.(MissLilly2012) :whistling: It still doesn't explain why Charlotte was there. She ended up having to fall back on Richard Cole to get everything arranged after the accident.

Interesting. Yes, this sort of thing brings out the crazies, doesn't it? I could swear that one of the commenters on there (MsLilly2012) is one of the people on here (this forum not this thread. . .naming no names. . .). The exact same tone.

• 5 years later...
On 5/6/2013 at 1:09 PM, kenog said:

Scylla,

I just replied much the same to SAJ, but I hadn't read your post first - sorry! That's exactly what I think too. You wouldn't sign a Christmas card to people you are friendly with like your signing an autograph. :)

Hello, the Christmas card and the autograph are authentics. I bought this card from a famous rock auction 17 years ago. The lot description said that the card is from 1973 and that Jimmy added his signature in black sharpie during the 90's (In the auction there were two more items signed by Page in the 90's: Their 1969 debut LP and the 1975 Earl's Court program).

This type of card is very difficult to find because very few were made. In the front cover there is an untitled Aleister Crowley's drawing printed in red that belongs to the Jimmy Page collection. The original drawing is dated Aquarius I7 [1934].

Archived