The Best Zep Tribute?

Zoso2112

Every August on Long Island at the Brookhaven Ampitheatre, Randy Jackson (lead singer of Zebra) and the Long Island Philharmonic Orchestra put on an amazing show of Zep music. Of course there are also very talented musicians on guitar and drums, along with "Allegra" on electric violin. Its a fantastic show! The orchestra makes every song very powerful (as if the music isn't powerful enough). But the Rain Song, and Kashmir are just phenomenal.

At least I have that show to look forward to every summer. And the tailgating is a blast!

Every August on Long Island at the Brookhaven Ampitheatre, Randy Jackson (lead singer of Zebra) and the Long Island Philharmonic Orchestra put on an amazing show of Zep music. Of course there are also very talented musicians on guitar and drums, along with "Allegra" on electric violin. Its a fantastic show! The orchestra makes every song very powerful (as if the music isn't powerful enough). But the Rain Song, and Kashmir are just phenomenal.

At least I have that show to look forward to every summer. And the tailgating is a blast!

DANG. That sounds awesome. I can just imagine hearing rain song on an orchestra . I love that song. Any footage?

Hey I'd like to see them! thats a great tribute

Yeah man! The only problem is is that they are japanese and i can't afford to go over there. But if I ever do go to Japan, I will see them. But dude, this guy does every single YEAR of zep. He's obsessed with Jimmy Page and he has all of the stuff. He even has the self tuning les paul that Jimmy just got a few years ago. He also does a Firm tribute band...

DANG. That sounds awesome. I can just imagine hearing rain song on an orchestra . I love that song. Any footage?

I don't know of any video footage....but who knows what's on YouTube ( I never looked). They do put out a CD, which I have. The show is the highlight of my summer every year. It's at an outdoor ampitheatre surrounded by trees, which just adds to the greatness of the show.

Led Zepplica, go to their website look under media at the top of the page click on the video of them at the Bell Center in Canada. Un fuckin real!!

I know everyone who replies is gonna disagree with eachother. But im diggin Mr.Jimmy a lot more the Zepplica. I mean Zepplica is good, but they dont do all the live versions of the songs, you know? Thats what turns me off to a lot of tribute bands. Check out the Mr. Jimmy videos =]

a year or two ago, my girlfriend bought me tickets to go see these guys:

Zoso

They were really really good. I remember that when we saw them, their backup guitarist was playing. And they STILL rocked.

I don't know whatever became of them, but I don't think they've been around my area for a while.

We're going to see these guys in a few weeks:

Get The Led Out

I guess I'll let you know how it goes. From their promotional video, I think Zoso was better. We'll see I guess.

I saw Letz Zep last year. One moment was a very surreal experience for me as I was very tired after having done a 6-2 shift at work that day. I was far enough away from the stage so that they actually looked like the real thing if I squinted my eyes a bit. It was in an old cinema and the seats were very comfortable. I dozed off for just a few seconds during the violin bow part of 'Dazed and Confused'. I woke up with a jolt and for a split second I wondered what the hell was going on, until I remembered where I was and that it was just a tribute act. :D

I couldn't say who the best Led Zeppelin tribute act is as they're the only one that I've seen, but they were excellent. Very authentic sounding and they played for three hours. They even performed 'When The Levee Breaks' and 'Night Flight'.

UK based one for you:

Boot-Led-Zeppelin are my fave, when I saw them in Gillingham, they almost played for three hours straight!

I found some vids on youtube, they have a live DVD coming out, so I belive they might be from that because they are professionaly filmed.

Dazed And Confused (Pt.1)

(Pt.2)

Whole Lotta Love (Pt.1)

(Pt.2)

Kashmir (AMAZING version)

Some sound on their website as well: www.boot-led-zeppelin.co.uk

Led Zep Too are also amazing as with Stairway To Zeppelin (who do some lengthy ones such as In My Time Of Dying and Achilles Last Stand).

a year or two ago, my girlfriend bought me tickets to go see these guys:

Zoso

They were really really good. I remember that when we saw them, their backup guitarist was playing. And they STILL rocked.

I don't know whatever became of them, but I don't think they've been around my area for a while.

We're going to see these guys in a few weeks:

Get The Led Out

I guess I'll let you know how it goes. From their promotional video, I think Zoso was better. We'll see I guess.

I have been to see ZoSo at least ten times and the guitar player seems to be trying to add to much of his own style lately. The old drummer was a nicer guy to talk too about Zeppelin. The Jonsey bass player is one bad ass talent and without a doubt THE best player in the band . The Robert impersonator is pretty good too on any given night. These are just my opinions and not meant to insult anyone that admires Zeppelin enough to do what these guys do. They play in Raleigh at the Lincoln Theatre at least three times per year. Getting off the subject but Appetite for Destruction are the best tribute band that I have ever been to see and they are from Raleigh , NC. Chad Atkins the Axl impersonator is F.....KING awesome( a must see if you remotely like GNR )!

I got my favorite zep tribute band. Who's yours?

Mr. Jimmy:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a5zUqpK65p0&feature=related

holy shit! these guys are good! they have everything down and exact replicas of Zeppelin's outfits!

where do you think they got them?

Zoso2112, you changed my mind on the best. and without a doubt, the best tribute I have seen.

holy shit! these guys are good! they have everything down and exact replicas of Zeppelin's outfits!

where do you think they got them?

Zoso2112, you changed my mind on the best. and without a doubt, the best tribute I have seen.

Yeah man! They are deffinatly the best. He even has that cool jade necklace that Jimmy has.

As for the cloths, I don't know where they got them. Probably custom made. Ive been looking for the dragonn suits and I cant find them. :(

I only ever went to see one, Whole Lotta Led and thats cos they played so close to where I live it wouldve been almost rude not to go and take a look. They were very good indeed and I enjoyed it-but the whole tribute thing is not for me personally. That said, I have to say the Japanese guy Jimmy Sakurai is phenomonal-that would be well worth seeing

I have no clue dude. I've tried long and hard to find those outfits and they aren't anywhere. I mean everyone in Mr. Jimmy has all the clothes. That bassist has that psychadelic shirt that jpj wheres with the ornaments hanging off them and everything.

I saw Physical Graffiti over 40 times years and years ago. They were great, I think they've pretty much retired. The guitar player was a perfect page.

His technique was perfect but you could tell he learned to play by ear and not from tab. I played a few riffs "wrong" in a subtle way. It didn't ruin the concert for me, though. Also, I think the guy playing JPJ used a Precision instead of a Jazz bass, and didn't use an 8-string for Nobody's Fault but Mine.

Archived