Breaking Bad

kingzoso

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2015 at 2:24 PM, 2bitnogoodjive said:

I have been re-watching Breaking Bad on the Sundance channel every chance I can on late Wednesday nights.  I have to say and will again, these last episodes of this award-winning show are some the best and most Powerful episodes in the history of American television.  After this post, the final two episodes will air next Wednesday night (04/27/16).

By the way, I have the entire BrBa series on dvd, but it is fun for me to watch this awesome show on television without putting in the dvds.  When the commercials come on, I just put on my headphones and listen to a Led Zeppelin bootleg. 

kingzoso,

I'm re-watching the entire series on Netflix - currently halfway through Season 4.  I can see why Sir Anthony Hopkins was so impressed with the acting, but the way they developed the entire storyline is incredible as well! 

10 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

kingzoso,

I'm re-watching the entire series on Netflix - currently halfway through Season 4.  I can see why Sir Anthony Hopkins was so impressed with the acting, but the way they developed the entire storyline is incredible as well! 

I agree 100% with you and Sir Anthony Hopkins. 

...you know, when I first heard a description about the show, I had no desire to watch a show about some glorified drug dealer.  I gave it a shot after the first couple seasons and I'm SOOO glad I did.  Great story, great acting.....one of the THE best series ever on TV in my opinion!

11 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

...you know, when I first heard a description about the show, I had no desire to watch a show about some glorified drug dealer.  I gave it a shot after the first couple seasons and I'm SOOO glad I did.  Great story, great acting.....one of the THE best series ever on TV in my opinion!

I was the same way. Vince Gilligan is a genius.

"Better Call Saul" isn't on the level of "Breaking Bad', but it has still kept my interest after the first two seasons.  What I find amazing is how different "Saul's" character is in the prequel compared to how confident and cocky he was on "Breaking Bad"  I wonder if he will gradually build that confidence or if there is some life changing event where he takes control over night.  Can't wait to see the introduction of some of the BB characters into BCS - especially Gus

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Not impressed with El Camino as it came off as less a sequel and more of a "how is Jesse gonna get outta this" movie. Plot was meandering and even nonsensical at times. They had a great opportunity and let it slip through their fingers. I mean come on, the guy was held and tortured by a group of white-supremacist meth dealers. Sure he was a criminal through association with Walter, but he was also privy to Walters dealings, network, and the dealings and networks of other operators. Any prosecutor would have scooped him into witness protection, given him queen for a day, zero charges...all he would have had to do is spill the beans and they would have set him up for life in a cushy, undisclosed location.

• 9 months later...
On 10/14/2019 at 5:52 AM, Stryder1978 said:

...I actually liked El Camino, but it came off more as an episode rather than a stand alone movie.

I think you guys who didn't like El Camino just didn't understand the intention of the film. It was not meant to be a "sequel" it was an epilogue. It was to give balance to the story and answer questions about one of the main characters----actually the ONLY one in the Breaking Bad universe who actually is a hero--- not just an 'anti hero'.

Spoiler Alert-------

At the conclusion of Breaking Bad we know what happens to everyone who was important to the story:

Walter White- dies in hail of glory cheating his cancer out of it's toll  collection, getting even with the white supremacy gang, taking out Lydia, and securing for his family the financial security he originally sought

Gus Fring-  Able to defeat the cartel at their own game only to be killed by a high school science teacher with a bigger brain

Mike Ermantraut-  The ex Navy seal sniper, ex cop, and consummate "soldier" for Fring but with a sense of honor; also killed by Walter White

Hank Shrader- the supposed "good guy" DEA cop on the supposed "right side of the law" but who's ego is destroying his marriage and other professional relationships-- also killed

So we learn of all of these main characters endings but not single best character who was actually never "Breaking Bad" and was always good; we are left with at the end of BB just the idea that he was lucky to get away and not by his own ability.

Anyone who views El Camino in the proper context, and with the proper expectations will see how masterful this epilogue to the original story and the co main character really is.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, The Pagemeister said:

Looking forward to this big time. Currently my wife and I are watching season 1-4 for a second time.
Haven't seen any of season 5 yet but it will start streaming on Netflix April 4.
Will be primed for April 18.

No doubt this will lead to watching Breaking Bad again.

Edited by jabe

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2016 at 11:58 AM, redrum said:

I'm thinking about watching the series again.....if I can get my girlfriend on board.

I pretty much have BB and BCS on a constant loop.