Jimi Hendrix

gperkins151

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

There was a special about a studio that Hendrix used this morning on CBS Sunday morning.  I did not catch the name but guessing its in Seattle?  They said Led Zeppelin recorded part of Physical Graffiti there?  I only remember the anguishing 18 month wait between Houses of the Holy and PG.  Wondering if LZ would ever release its next album.  They did not disappoint.  I never forget putting the 8 track into my car player and hearing it for the first time.  It was so strange to hear Trampled Under Foot.  But anyway, this is a Hendrix thread.  Sorry Jimi.  No offense intended.

25 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

There was a special about a studio that Hendrix used this morning on CBS Sunday morning.  I did not catch the name but guessing its in Seattle?  They said Led Zeppelin recorded part of Physical Graffiti there?  I only remember the anguishing 18 month wait between Houses of the Holy and PG.  Wondering if LZ would ever release its next album.  They did not disappoint.  I never forget putting the 8 track into my car player and hearing it for the first time.  It was so strange to hear Trampled Under Foot.  But anyway, this is a Hendrix thread.  Sorry Jimi.  No offense intended.

It’s Hendrix’s Electric Lady Studio New York that LZ recorded at, I can’t recall JH ever recording at studio in Seattle, that was his hometown.

The agonising wait between HOTH and PG was more like two and a half years, the eighteen months wait was between the Fourth Album and Houses.

Edited by JTM

19 hours ago, JTM said:

It’s Hendrix’s Electric Lady Studio New York that LZ recorded at, I can’t recall JH ever recording at studio in Seattle, that was his hometown.

The agonising wait between HOTH and PG was more like two and a half years, the eighteen months wait was between the Fourth Album and Houses.

I remember clearly back then they had stated 18 months.  

1 hour ago, JTM said:

Houses was released in Spring 1973, PG was released Autumn/Fall 1975.

It seems there was a great anticipation fo the release of their next album after Houses of the Holy.  By then they were firmly established as one of the Supergrouups along with the Who, Stones and such.   A very short list that would also include the Beatles and Pink Floyd.  Even though the Beatles ended in 1970, they went on individually with great success.  I believe the wait for Physical Graffiti was the most anticipated along with Presence.  Wondering what brilliance we would be hit with next.  It was nerve wracking trying to get a ticket to see them.  Almost impossible.

11 minutes ago, JTM said:

Could have sworn it was later, twenty three months then. Rick is closer than me.. :hidinginwall:

The last 2 weeks I have listened  from 12..-14 Feb. 75 (RP: our new record will be released next week) to the LA run 24.-27. March 75 (RP: Have you got your copy of PG yet?)

Conclusion: I prefer the NY gigs by a mile & I badly need a overdose of some 70 - 71 boots.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Saw this show in March. Satriani, Pinnick & Kenny Aronoff killed it. They took on "I Don't Live Today", "Third Stone", "If 6 Was 9", "Machine Gun", "Voodoo Child" and burned the house down. Looking him up now, i can't believe Aronoff is 66 yrs old. He's a force of nature. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...