Jimmy in Attendance At Stone Roses Gig

kenog

It looks like Jimmy was in attendance at last night's Stone Roses gig at Finsbury Park. A couple of people on Twitter have tweeted that they met him there.

1. Jason Brown@jasonoxfordutd 1h

Stone roses were awesome. Met jimmy page....again.

1. Simon Honeywood@Honeywood 10h

This may be the best day ever. At Stone Roses and just met Jimmy Page pic.twitter.com/llrtSwNZnn

:hysterical:

Exactly. I know the man is entitled to his leisure time, but this is the guy that has been promising so much for so long. Here's hoping the boxed sets make it out this year - at least that would be something to look forward to.

At the moment, I am trying to find any photos or press reports on Jimmy being there last night, but so far nothing.

Looks like everyone shall be having gigs this year...except Jimmy Page.

There should be a rule where everybody gets limited to a only a once in a lifetime "I met Jimmy Page". None of this twice BS. I'm ready to cash mine in!!!

Ready to feel really old, or perhaps very fortunate?

Almost no one alive today under the age of 43 has ever attended a full-length Led Zeppelin concert.

...and with the exception of anyone that attended the 02 reunion show...

...almost no one alive today under the age of 23 has ever attended a full-length Jimmy Page concert.

"I'll be playing next year" - Jimmy Page in 2012.

"This year I've had quite a lot of things going on," Page explains, "sort of things relative to preparing for projects. There's a lot of groundwork that's been going into that so that I can be getting on with things next year. I really intend to be doing some playing and...be seen, if you like. If you've got ambitious projects, they take time to put together if you're going to do them properly." -- Summer 2009

He said the same thing in 2005 also if I remember correctly.

Yes, and also expressed his intentions for a second solo album in Summer 1990.

Oh well, at least he's still interested in music; hope he enjoyed himself at the gigs this week.

Page delivered the 2007 show on DVD/Blu-Ray last year. I fully believe his is working on his re-mastered albums/unreleased material as we speak. It must take an incredible amount of time/effort to bring it all together. I'm hoping for a late 2013/early 2014 release. Don't count these guys out. I thought I wouldn't see Jimmy live again in the early 90's, then he toured with Plant. Then the Black Crowes in the late 90's. He does have new material, he has a plan, and he will rise again. And we will see him play.

Page delivered the 2007 show on DVD/Blu-Ray last year. I fully believe his is working on his re-mastered albums/unreleased material as we speak. It must take an incredible amount of time/effort to bring it all together. I'm hoping for a late 2013/early 2014 release. Don't count these guys out. I thought I wouldn't see Jimmy live again in the early 90's, then he toured with Plant. Then the Black Crowes in the late 90's. He does have new material, he has a plan, and he will rise again. And we will see him play.

when do you think it will happen ? who else will be involved ?

It looks like Jimmy was in attendance at last night's Stone Roses gig at Finsbury Park. A couple of people on Twitter have tweeted that they met him there.

At least that's better than going to see Journey.

It would be better still if he was in attendance on an ongoing basis at a recording studio. I am longing for the new boxed sets to see if there is any previously unreleased material. Maybe I am being naïve.

Agree, I don't mind the Stone Roses at all.

At least that's better than going to see Journey.

According to this interview he had about 15 tracks ready to go after his "summer break" so his new material must be at least 14 years old now :lol:

It's almost Axl Rose/Chinese Democracy proportions.

Get your point but I guess you would probably not be telling people the opposite?

It's the $10,000 question isn't it? Does Page consider himself retired from active music making? If so, why not just say it? OTOH, maybe he really has been working on new music on and off without much success, but isn't ready to admit (to himself) that he'll never finish it.

Edited to add: Not to get off topic, but did Axyl Rose ever explain why it took him 10 years to complete Chinese Democracy?

Wow , Pagesbow . I wished I saw this about 10 years ago. I would have not been anticipating anything new from him all these years. Damn now I know he really has no plans at all. I for one am happy that this charade is over for me.

According to this interview he had about 15 tracks ready to go after his "summer break" so his new material must be at least 14 years old now :lol:

It's almost Axl Rose/Chinese Democracy proportions.

It's the $10,000 question isn't it? Does Page consider himself retired from active music making? If so, why not just say it? OTOH, maybe he really has been working on new music on and off without much success, but isn't ready to admit (to himself) that he'll never finish it.

Edited to add: Not to get off topic, but did Axyl Rose ever explain why it took him 10 years to complete Chinese Democracy?

A version of Chinese Democracy was completed and ready to be released in 2000; however, when Roy Thomas Baker was hired, he decided everything (reported to be up to 30 songs) needed re-recording.[23] Long time Guns N' Roses producer Mike Clink was reported to have worked on the album during its conception. Moby and Youth turned down offers to work on the album.[24] According to Rolling Stone, engineer Andy Wallace, who had worked with many notable bands such as Nirvana, Sepultura, Slayer and Bad Religion, was working on the album in 2006. A source close to Guns N' Roses is quoted as saying "we're absolutely delighted with the mixes".[25] Other producers who have worked on the album include Bob Ezrin and Sean Beavan.[26]

Wow , Pagesbow . I wished I saw this about 10 years ago. I would have not been anticipating anything new from him all these years. Damn now I know he really has no plans at all. I for one am happy that this charade is over for me.

Sorry mate, you sound crushed..... :depressed: He must have a heap of songs but he extended his summer break by about 13 years, and counting.

Count me in as hoping against hope that Jimmy proves us all wrong and delivers on his many promises

over the many years and releases new material this half of the year. He will be 70 years old next year and

has been promising us something for almost 15 years now.

I don't agree that the re-re-re-re-mastering takes so long. Keep in mind that the "Crop-circle" re-masters and

all the other re-mastering efforts (Mothership etc.) got the Zeppelin catalog up to date, technology wise, with each release.

So all he needs to do is re-mix the catalogs to the latest technology and call Fed-Ex.

Any added new stuff included would be more effort to update sonically but very do-able with todays software.

I happen to believe that Jimmy has the Release 4 catalogs completed but he is waiting on a certain cosmic event to call Fed-Ex.

Keep smiling and praying y'all...

...I happen to believe that Jimmy has the Release 4 catalogs completed but he is waiting on a certain cosmic event to call Fed-Ex.

Keep smiling and praying y'all...

Is that decision solely up to him or do Plant and Jones have a say?

when do you think it will happen ? who else will be involved ?

I don't think we'll ever see a Jimmy Page or Page/Plant, or Led Zep tour in the format of multiple cities, 100+ shows, etc. Ok, that's obvious but what I think will happen is what Michael Jackson tried to do in 2009 (50 shows/one city). I think Page will play live next year, in a format that will require fans to travel to see him. Maybe a few concerts, spaced out to allow for rest, in a few or several locations. Something like 6 shows in NYC over a month, 6 shows in London over a month, maybe a couple more locations. As far as singers (assuming no Led Zep reunion), he could invite different guest singers for each show. I think he's beyond the point of being able to develop a new super rock group. Too many expectations, comparisons to Led Zep, etc.

Would like to see him take a different approach - a 1.5 hour arena show where maybe he just highlights different songs from his career. A tour that would be in his comfort zone and he can establish realistic expectations for fans (no 3 hour concerts, no 20 minute solos, etc). Yes, tix would be a nightmare to get and probably cost $200+, but it would be fair market value since every show would sell out. For you super fans out there, correct me if I"m wrong but I don't think he's gone more than 7 years without a live show (on a large scale). He is due very soon. Anyway, just my wishes and speculation.

Archived