Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
zepscoda

Big Head Todd and the Monsters

^^^ Thanks for the posts, zepscoda! The band was on fire that night! I can see why they are such a staple at Red Rocks, they give the audience everything they've got and more!  Such a fun night!! 

This year's show at Red Rocks was the best I've seen yet.  You never know what they'll open up with and this year blew everyone away. Opening tune was an 8+ minute version on War Pigs complete with pyrotechnics, both a first for the band. The pyrotechnics were tongue-in-cheek but their cover of War Pigs was stellar and the first time they ever played it live. .. then without saying anything to the crowd, they go into a 5+ minute cover of Cinnamon Girl !  

The tone was set for a magick evening.  No rain again, second year in a row... the only clouds in the sky were emanating from the audience ...filled with THC 😎

Set list.... 

1. War Pigs (Black Sabbath cover)
2 Cinnamon Girl (Neil Young cover)
3 New World Arisin
4 Turn the Light On
5 Hidden Charms - Willie Dixon song
6. Bittersweet
7. Damaged One
8. Wipeout Turn
9. Poor Miss
10. Josephina
11. Resignation Superman     
12. Long Coal Train   
13. I Wanna Know Everything 
14. Tomorrow Never Comes
15. Detonator
16. Dirty Juice
17. Broken Hearted Savior
18. Roomful of Mirrors (Jimi Hendrix)
encore:
19. Boom Boom Boom
20. Circle 
21 Hey Joe

A video I took of a blazing solo in Wipe Out Turn, the sound is a little distorted,  but gets better as I pan around to get footage of the Red Rocks crowd:

PicsArt_06-12-09.16.59.jpg

received_10156435142303209.jpeg

20180611_155023.jpg

20180609_210748.jpg

20180609_220523.jpg

20180609_223150.jpg