In theory - Page / Kravitz would work!

nirvana

Ok so with little else to go on regarding Jimmy's plans to either tour, record, re-mix, etc with some sort of band,

I'd like to start a New Topic called "In Theory"...

To start off: In Theory a Jimmy Page and Lenny Kravitz Band would work on every level. Why not!

Lenny has so many upsides to joining forces with Page that it's almost a no-brainer.

He can sing with soul and blues, he can rock, and he can play serious guitar (which helps big time with Zeppelin"s

more complex arrangements). Lenny has street-cred, knows the Zep catalog well, would have Robert's full support,

and can provide a back-up band right off the get-go. Although David Ghrol is still panting at the "Page Band"

door...how great would that be!!

Anyway - "In Theory" a Jimmy Page - Lenny Kravitz Band would work on every level.

Yes? No? Any other "In Theory" thoughts please post! After-all - we still have nothing but conjecture to go on anyway,

may as well have some fun in the meantime...

post-238-0-04181400-1371032520_thumb.png

Although David Ghrol is still panting at the "Page Band"

Is he?

I dunno, to be honest I'm still holding out for this

post-19994-0-46812800-1368621837_thumb.j
It would bring Jimmy to a whole new audience and I think Bieber has the vocal chops to pull it off. He also has a guitar style similar to Jimmy which is almost uncanny.

c'mon Steve wake up -stop snoring> It's just for fun. I know i'm not going to hit Lotto , but I still play & hope I'm going to win(this is the same thing)I would rather invest in these posts than play games on my cell phone. so in theory I would love to see Jimmy hook up w/ Beth Hart or Joss Stone for a soulful/bluesy album. Both of these women have the chops to go with Jimmy's blues artistry.

Is he?

I dunno, to be honest I'm still holding out for this

It would bring Jimmy to a whole new audience and I think Bieber has the vocal chops to pull it off. He also has a guitar style similar to Jimmy which is almost uncanny.

Where did this happen, in The Twilight Zone? Btw I bet Jimmy could do a mean improv version of the "Twilight Zone" theme.

I'm not familiar, at all, with Kravitz, his music, although I do remember a couple of his songs getting heavy radio airplay and MTV airtime at some point during the mid nineties, early 2000s, and for a time I erroneously believed that he was the vocalist for the band Modjo. However, the many times that Kravitz has been mentioned here and brought up for discussion, have made me want to explore his music even further, probably pick up his greatest hits compilation, although I still haven't decided whether it is a good idea.

Whenever I hear mention of Kravitz and Zeppelin I mostly think of this other thread: http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/3966-led-kravitz/?hl=kravitz "A lot of people are saying that Lenny new Cd sounds a lot like Zep", said a user apropos of a 2008 CD, also, this photograph posted last year here on the forum, comes to mind often:

post-5-0-44444400-1332947905.jpg

I think Kravitz also played live with Robert Plant, at some time in the nineties, so he seems to have very strong links with Led Zeppelin members, a collaboration with Mr. Jimmy Page would be a really great idea, though very unlikely to happen it seems.

Yeah, uh-huh, this is doing much for my elevated feeling of opiods after having major dental work done yesterday, but maybe Lenny can make James the promise of reworking the Rumble together and Justin Beiber can put lyrics to it. There. Someone should be able to get the three in the same room with the goal of a good rumble....Lenny and James smashing guitars over Justins head. He really gets on my nerves. Well, enjoy your morning tea and day Mr. Page. I have enjoyed what you have given me.

Archived