Typo on the white vinyl! WTH?

Angamie

Can someone else with the white vinyl look at theirs and tell me if their last album says "side seven" on both sides?
Instead of it saying seven and eight, both sides of mine say side seven. I'm massively pissed that I didn't notice this in 2007 but I only opened the box twice to preserve them. $&@!
I'm really curious to find out if someone has one that says side eight on both sides. Thanks guys

Update....I called the 800 number and the lady told me there's nothing they can do. She told me they will be worth more with the typo. I had to get logical with her and tell her that it would make any of us wonder if both sides were more than just a typo and actually have the same song on both sides. As she attempted to end the call, I asked her if she would notify management. She said "I can but I don't think they will do anything" I stayed on the phone with her while she was typing what she said was an email to management.

What a disappointment

Any recommendations?

.... Why did you buy it in the first place if you had no intention of playing it. A white vinyl TSRTS is hardly going to be your pension.

Edited to remove impoliteness.

Your recommendation is quite rude and disrespectful. Look it up and you might find them to be more interesting. I have one of 100 released to the public.

If you see comments on here that you don't like, it's much more polite to just continue on to the next post. We are all friends here.

Best wishes.

A visual inspection should tell you if the songs are the same on each side or not.

I don't mean to be rude, but what did you expect them to do for you six years later? I agree that it sucks but there's not much you can do (especially since it was chosen at random).

At this point, I just want to know if this has happened to anyone else. I know they can't be replaced this late in the game but I think they could at least tell me more than they did. They did have record of my reporting of the black blemishes after purchase that others have mentioned. I had a replacement opportunity then and didn't accept so it is my loss.

I'm hoping some of the other owners will visit this site and see my posting. I would love to know if others have the same problem.

Any of our members who would be interested in this would be best to buy it from Ebay because they would get Ebay and Paypal protection, rather than buying it privately. Obviously, the seller would be avoiding paying Ebay and Paypal fees by bringing it here. It is all very well saying "... I want to give people here a chance before I post on eBay or Craigslist. I want to make sure someone who can truly appreciate them gets them", as you did in a previous post, but many dedicated collectors search on Ebay for LZ memorabilia.

You first brought this record to our attention in February 2012. That is quite a long time ago, considering you say you need to sell it.

So far, in over a year, you have not posted on any other topic than this.

I suggest you put it up for sale on Ebay - perhaps at a fixed price, if you so wish. If it doesn't sell the first time around, you can alter the price.

At this point, I just want to know if this has happened to anyone else. I know they can't be replaced this late in the game but I think they could at least tell me more than they did. They did have record of my reporting of the black blemishes after purchase that others have mentioned. I had a replacement opportunity then and didn't accept so it is my loss.
I'm hoping some of the other owners will visit this site and see my posting. I would love to know if others have the same problem.

I'm very sorry to appear as though "I'm having a fit"

I'm not, and you have no idea of the magnitude of the struggles I've been through over the last year to possibly consider letting these albums go. We all have struggles and I simply ask for your patience and understanding.

I do not deserve anyone's belittling of my situation as it is already bad enough. I will simply state that I am the provider for my family of 4 and two of them have serious health conditions.

I started here when considering sale to give you all an opportunity first and would have to use PayPal for security of both owner and buyer unless the individual lived in the MD,VA,DC area and could meet me in a safe, public place. THE ALBUMS ARE NOT FOR SALE AT THIS MOMENT BECAUSE OF THE DEFECT. .

Could any other owners please come forward and please share if your albums are similar?

Could anyone who wishes to provide negative remarks please move on. This is a happy website. No need for bashing

Everyone who has responded to this thread is an established member here with many posts to their name, and therefore do not need to be told that this is a "happy website", nor will we be told by you to "move on". Nobody is belittling your situation here - your situation is a private matter.

Could anyone who wishes to provide negative remarks please move on. This is a happy website. No need for bashing

On the ForBadgeHoldersOnly site there is a link:-

http://zeppelincollectables.com/home.php

Rick Barrett is considered to be a leading expert in the field of collecting Led Zeppelin items. This website offers a wide range of Zeppelin Collectibles for sale, for the novice to hardcore collector. There are also several illustrated feature articles that provide various insights into Led Zeppelin and collecting their memorabilia. If you have any questions, please email; otherwise enjoy the site!

His contact details are given there. He might give some advice.

I will check it out. Thank you so very much for your help. It's greatly appreciated. Maybe he has some knowledge as to whether I have a "one of a kind" or if there's more. It's quite intriguing.

Please excuse my sensitivity. I visit many forums and have never been responded to in such ways. We usually just move on if we can't help.

Thanks again for your kindness.

His email address is on the site. I suggest a nicely worded email outlining your dilemma, asking whether the record is marketable and where would be the best place to sell. I don't know the man, but I believe he is an expert on LZ collectibles.

I am sure everyone in the thread wishes you well in getting this matter resolved. :peace:

I will check it out. Thank you so very much for your help. It's greatly appreciated. Maybe he has some knowledge as to whether I have a "one of a kind" or if there's more. It's quite intriguing.
Please excuse my sensitivity. I visit many forums and have never been responded to in such ways. We usually just move on if we can't help.
Thanks again for your kindness.

I keep forgetting to check mine and then remember when I log into this site. I haven't heard back whether the disc has two side 7 labels (which is no big deal) or actually plays side 7 on both sides (which is a massive screwup). I don't think it would really have an effect on the value, as I'm sure every potential buyer has the black vinyl version.

I keep forgetting to check mine and then remember when I log into this site. I haven't heard back whether the disc has two side 7 labels (which is no big deal) or actually plays side 7 on both sides (which is a massive screwup). I don't think it would really have an effect on the value, as I'm sure every potential buyer has the black vinyl version.

That's something I'm curious of as well. I haven't played them because of their value and now that I think of doing so, i have no record player. I sent an email to the man mentioned above and will wait to hear from him or someone similar before I go borrow a record player. I want to keep them as we'll preserved as possible. I know some people on here think we're nuts for not playing them but we have other means of hearing it so why take a chance on something so special.

Can you please look at yours and let me know? I do agree. A typo is one thing but a missing song would be a downer. When we got them, we stared at their beauty and put them back in the box. We hoped of framing them one day but nothing but bad luck came our way. I'm guessing that if we framed them, we would have noticed sooner. I'm glad I'm not the only one that didnt notice. I dont feel as stupid. It's definitely not something we'd expect of something so rare.

Thanks

You don't need to play them to tell, but you do need good eyesight or a magnifer. Check the matrix number etched in the run-out groove (right next to the label). If the numbers are different, the sides are too.

I would not "borrow" someone else's record player. I would not especially borrow it if it's cheap, don't play you vinyl on a "cheap" turntable with a "cheap" needle, cheap needles are not good for your vinyl at all. You want to invest in a good needle/cartridge and use it only, don't play your vinyl on different people's turntables, just yours or your friends and only if your friends is a good one. J.M.O.

before I go borrow a record player. I want to keep them as we'll preserved as possible.

The numbers are the same but the letter that follows is different (G,H) so I think it's safe to say that side eight is side eight but has the wrong sticker. That was the kind of advice I needed. I appreciate your help. I'm glad I don't have to play it now. You are awesome.

I'm still curious to know if anyone else has the same. Considering how these are so cherished, I'm sure I'm not the only one that's tucked them away in a safe place.

I'm gonna keep researching and will let you guys know what I come up with.

Thanks for saving me from playing it! Even if the record player I had worked, I'm not sure it was worthy of these albums.

I heard back from the man mentioned above. He was quite helpful. Apparantly, this has occured before with other Zeppelin albums. Although its not common, its not the first "mispressing" hes heard of and they're obviously not the only band it's happened with. Hes a very nice guy. It was cool that he took the time out to respond to my questions.

At this point, I think it's a crap shoot. I guess I will attempt sale on eBay when I get a chance. Ill update you guys. Wish me luck... Even though bad luck is what got me in this predicament!

Best wishes

Angie

Angamie,

The very best of luck to you in achieving a decent price. It's more important to take care of your children's needs than to have a 'rare' album, and you sound like a fantastic, caring mother.

Do come back and update us. :peace:

I heard back from the man mentioned above. He was quite helpful. Apparantly, this has occured before with other Zeppelin albums. Although its not common, its not the first "mispressing" hes heard of and they're obviously not the only band it's happened with. Hes a very nice guy. It was cool that he took the time out to respond to my questions.
At this point, I think it's a crap shoot. I guess I will attempt sale on eBay when I get a chance. Ill update you guys. Wish me luck... Even though bad luck is what got me in this predicament!

Best wishes
Angie

Kenog, thanks for your kindness. I posted on eBay today. Ill let you all know how it goes.

I was shocked to see that someone else has put theirs on eBay as well. I don't see anything about them noticing the "misprint" on side eight. Curiosity is still getting me. Will the others be as honest as me...etc. etc...

Best wishes

Archived